Bristol Tennessee lady viking coach resigns

bugkiller

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard she wanted to be more in the mom role and who could blame her for that -- they're only small once and these coaches miss lots of things with their kids.

Should be interesting -- Volunteer should be announcing their new coach in the next week. I believe the deadline for applying was earlier this week.

I've also heard that Campbell is still wanting out of Daniel Boone????

Without going into detail, I think the situation at Boone is resolved. Coach Campbell always gets offers, and always listens, but there was a situation that might have had him wanting to leave that has been resolved, and that's all I will say.

Coach Bright's resignation was a big surprise to me. I can understand the family issues thing, but I always wonder if there's more to it.......

I heard some parents gripe and complain mercilessly last year, which is ridiculous, since they had one of the area's best coaches, and I don't know if that factored into the decision or not. I hope not. Aside from coaching, she is a good person, who helped my daughter with words of encouragement, even though she was on a rival team.

Hope Volunteer makes a good choice. They need a coach who can get those girls to believe, and pull together.

Does anyone know why Coach Bright is stepping away from the head coaching position at Tennessee High? Also who may be the next person to try and fill the spot.

If they are looking to promote from within, then assistant coach Angie Fickes would be a good pick. Standout player at East and ETSU, and has been assisting Coach Bright for years.

Without going into detail, I think the situation at Boone is resolved. Coach Campbell always gets offers, and always listens, but there was a situation that might have had him wanting to leave that has been resolved, and that's all I will say.

Coach Bright's resignation was a big surprise to me. I can understand the family issues thing, but I always wonder if there's more to it.......

I heard some parents gripe and complain mercilessly last year, which is ridiculous, since they had one of the area's best coaches, and I don't know if that factored into the decision or not. I hope not. Aside from coaching, she is a good person, who helped my daughter with words of encouragement, even though she was on a rival team.

Hope Volunteer makes a good choice. They need a coach who can get those girls to believe, and pull together.

I agree buc, great bunch of seniors next year that can play, just need a little more self confidence.

Any idea who might step up this year besides the seniors? I heard they had a couple of freshmen last year about six feet tall, can they play?

Coach Bright's Lady Vikings put a tremendous, trapping defense on Elizabethton in the early-season tournament in Viking Hall. I think that this was the turning point for the Lady Cyclones. They looked inept against that pressure in Bristol, but from that time, on to their home, sub-state game against Stone Memorial, Elizabethton did a much better job against pressure; and in fact, the Lady Cyclones started to win games with their own pressure defensive schemes.

I wish her the very best with familial matters, and a possible return to coaching.

Ok, and yes I've heard the rumors on Campbell for the past several years and if I were a school looking for a coach, he'd be high on the list.

Wow, sad if it's true about griping with a coach like her. She is considered outstanding, oh well, better watch what you wish for. I would agree with you on her assistant too, she would make a great coach.

I agree on VHS too - great group of girls down there that have great sportsmanship and with the right coach, great things could start happening for them.

Ok, and yes I've heard the rumors on Campbell for the past several years and if I were a school looking for a coach, he'd be high on the list.

Wow, sad if it's true about griping with a coach like her. She is considered outstanding, oh well, better watch what you wish for. I would agree with you on her assistant too, she would make a great coach.

I agree on VHS too - great group of girls down there that have great sportsmanship and with the right coach, great things could start happening for them.

great job for someone

I have not heard that the Greeneville coach is on the list but she would be a good choice . One of the assistants, Tiller, Wade, or Wilhoit will more than likely be put in that position. Whoever it is they will have their hands full with drama made by the rising seniors that ride the shirt tail of Montgomery.

I'm not sure what that means, unless you are referring, in a negative way,

to last season's squad, that according to this site, had ten seniors.

I expect Montomery to be one of the best in the area this season.

I think they are referring to Montgomery's teammates, who have been grumbling more and more about the "1 woman show" at TN High.

Every one knows she's one of the best in the area.......definitely the best on the team...........at the same time, you don't want to alienate the other players, because no one can do it alone.

Hopefully the new coach will be able to strike a balance.

There are 8 rising seniors, including Montgomery, according to the school website.

By the way, congratulations to graduating senior Nakita Jones, who signed today with Hiwassee College.