DISTRICT 8 SINGLE A

wildcat25

What do the brackets look like for the rest of the week? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

MON:

GAME 1: #3 Watertown vs. #6 Mt. Juliet Christian 4:00 p.m. Watertown wins 11-2

GAME 2: #4 Gordonsville vs. #5 Westmoreland 6:00 p.m. Westmoreland wins 10-8

TUE:

GAME 3: #1 Friendship vs. Watertown 4:00 p.m.

GAME 4: #2 Trousdale Co. vs. Westmoreland 6:00 p.m.

WED:

GAME 5: MJCA vs. Loser GAME 4 2:00 p.m.

GAME 6: Gordonsville vs. Loser GAME 3 4:00 p.m.

THU:

GAME 7: Winner GAME 3 vs. Winner GAME 4 4:00 p.m.

GAME 8: Winner Game 5 vs. Winner GAME 6 6:00 p.m.

FRI:

GAME 9: Winner GAME 7 vs. Loser GAME 8 2:00 p.m.

GAME 10: Winner GAME 9 vs. Winner GAME 8 4:00 p.m. (championship game)

GAME 11: IF NECESSARY GAME 6:00 p.m.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MON:

GAME 1: #3 Watertown vs. #6 Mt. Juliet Christian 4:00 p.m. Watertown wins 11-2

GAME 2: #4 Gordonsville vs. #5 Westmoreland 6:00 p.m. Westmoreland wins 10-8

TUE:

GAME 3: #1 Friendship vs. Watertown 4:00 p.m.

GAME 4: #2 Trousdale Co. vs. Westmoreland 6:00 p.m.

WED:

GAME 5: MJCA vs. Loser GAME 4 2:00 p.m.

GAME 6: Gordonsville vs. Loser GAME 3 4:00 p.m.

THU:

GAME 7: Winner GAME 3 vs. Winner GAME 4 4:00 p.m.

GAME 8: Winner Game 5 vs. Winner GAME 6 6:00 p.m.

FRI:

GAME 9: Winner GAME 7 vs. Loser GAME 8 2:00 p.m.

GAME 10: Winner GAME 9 vs. Winner GAME 8 4:00 p.m. (championship game)

GAME 11: IF NECESSARY GAME 6:00 p.m.

Thanks

If I remember correctly, I had FCS and Watertown advancing to the regional.................hmmmmm

My friend stlbrd where in the world have you been? I have been checking our records on The BIG Ones and I do believe that I am a little ahead and but at least I am ahead! But the season has plenty of games to go before we will know the true champion but my boy from West Tn is kicking our butt and taking names! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Today Friendship beat Watertown 1-0.

I heard Reeder only gave up 3 hits.

Gordonsville will meet Watertown tomorrow.

Seems like first two losers (MJCA and GHS) would

have played today and given Watertown (the winner)

the day off instead of Gordonsville??????

Hartsville has played one game and Watertown will play their third game tomorrow????

Hartsville has played one game and Watertown will play their third game tomorrow????

YES superfish there was a lot of B---- going on at the game today, you are right the brackets are not right. Yes Reeder pitched the best game I have every seen her pitch.wow 3 hits. Haley pitch a NO HITTER with 14 K she was right tonight, first batter walk from a perfect game. I will have to give it to Watertown they played there BUt-- off.

YES superfish there was a lot of B---- going on at the game today, you are right the brackets are not right. Yes Reeder pitched the best game I have every seen her pitch.wow 3 hits. Haley pitch a NO HITTER with 14 K she was right tonight, first batter walk from a perfect game. I will have to give it to Watertown they played there BUt-- off.

If my memory serves me correct -the brackets were wrong last year also???

Who did the brackets?

Obviously someone who has never heard of bracketology????

Watertown had to play Friendship second game last year after finishing

second in the district....NOT RIGHT....

It is definately set up for FCS and TCHS to move on???

If my memory serves me correct -the brackets were wrong last year also???Who did the brackets?Obviously someone who has never heard of bracketology????Watertown had to play Friendship second game last year after finishingsecond in the district....NOT RIGHT....It is definately set up for FCS and TCHS to move on???

The brackets WERE set up for the losers from yesterday to play today, but during a coach's meeting held last week, the coaches voted 3-1 (two coaches were not there) that the first set of losers should go down to the loser's bracket and wait for the second set of losers to play. According to what the coaches wanted, this prevented someone who lost the first game to last longer in the tournament than someone who won first round. And all winners get TOMORROW OFF, before the finals. The only true mistake I can see in the bracket is the fact that Watertown had to play Friendship for their second game instead of TCHS.. And Friendship had to play Watertown first game instead of Westmoreland. But for Watertown, a game against either FCS OR TCHS was going to be a hard game... And you can say whatever you want about the brackets being set up for FCS and TCHS to go on, but FCS had a DOG FIGHT to beat Watertown today, so if you ask me, no matter how the brackets are set up, you still have to win to advance... And I think in this district, Watertown, FCS, OR Trousdale could do that...

Is the last day right? That would put a loser from game 8 (which is loser's bracket) playing the winner from the winner's bracket - looks like it should be loser game 7 playing winner game 8am I looking at this wrong?

You are right, those numbers are just backwards according to the bracket in the paper... The loser of 7 plays the winner of game 8...

Watertown is playing their third game tomorrow because they lost today, and in the loser's bracket you always play more games... TCHS has only played one because they got a bye first round for coming in second, and because they won tonight so they stay in the winner's bracket...

Just to clarify, FCS had six hits off of Reeder, not 3... and Hailey did pitch a no-hitter with 14 k's...

Sounds like a little WATERTOWN WINE!!! They always have a little WINE with them. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />