District 6-A Tournament

Sandlot08

How does everyone think this is going to come out? Whitwell and Sale Creek are hands down the two best teams in the district, both winning on their home fields during the regular season. Whitwell has the advantage of going deep into last year's postseason (state tournament, 5th place), but Sale Creek is always a scrappy bunch that does not quit. The tournament being played at Whitwell will favor the Lady Tigers as will the experience they gained at the Soddy-Daisy and Ooltewah tournaments. Let the games begin!

Anyone have the tournament schedule?

I believe that Whitwell is going to win 1st for sure!!! and I think CSAS and Sale Creek are going to battle it out. because Sale Creek has the advantage of the winning record but when CSAS puts there mind to it they could beat them hands down. After all CSAS does have a better offensive lineup.

Who do you believe is going to win next year?

Whitwell for sure is losing 8 SENIORS! WOW

I believe that Whitwell is going to win 1st for sure!!! and I think CSAS and Sale Creek are going to battle it out. because Sale Creek has the advantage of the winning record but when CSAS puts there mind to it they could beat them hands down. After all CSAS does have a better offensive lineup.

Who do you believe is going to win next year?

Whitwell for sure is losing 8 SENIORS! WOW

Whitwell looses their pitcher, 1st, 2nd, short, rightfield, and DH. They had two seniors quit that didnt play a lot. Whitwell returns some very good bats next year. Pitching will be the key for them next year. Have to find some consistency in either a senior or a sophomore. I just hope the game vs sale creek does not get rained out tommorrow. Should be a good one.

Whitwell won their second straight district title and clinched their fourth straight region appearance by defeating Sale Creek 3-2. The Panthers scored two in the top of the first and the score remained 2-0 until the bottom of the 7th, where the Lady Tigers mounted a furious comeback to win 3-2. Excellent game and an enjoyable tournament! Personally, I would have liked to have seen more fans. I encourage the Whitwell and Sale Creek communities to get out and support these girls in the region tournament Monday and beyond. Good luck to both teams!

Here's a link to an article on this game:

http://www.tfponline.com/news/2008/may/10/...e-creek/?sports