CAK vs. Farragut

multisport12

Anyone know the score of this game?

Another tough one for us tonight against another great team. We lost 4-0 (3 goals scored in the first half and one in the second).

I also learned tonight that if you pass a ball purposely back to your keeper with your knee, it is NOT a foul, and that if you verbally object to that happening before you realize that it is legal, that the ref doesn't like it that much. Yes, Big G got his first yellow card in 6 years tonight! I hate it when I am wrong. For some reason I thought you could only head or chest the ball back to your keeper. I felt a lot better when Coach Culbreth got a card for his player having a bracelet on (which is another rule that I am not all that happy with, but I digress).

Farragut was rocking tonight (as usual). Our best offensive chances came in the second half, but again, with out a scoring threat up top, it is difficult.

BUT... if I had wanted a win or an easy game, I would not have scheduled Farragut for this match. I still think we got more out of this game, even in losing, than we would have in blowing a team out. Farragut is outstanding, and you have to play against those teams to prepare yourself for the play offs. I would rather lose now, than lose later, and I have always felt that these games pay off.

Anyway, congrats to another wonderful Farragut squad. I think you will go far!

Coach I admire you for playing the best yearly. Good luck in the playoffs. I think you guys will make alot of noise.

Another tough one for us tonight against another great team. We lost 4-0 (3 goals scored in the first half and one in the second).

I also learned tonight that if you pass a ball purposely back to your keeper with your knee, it is NOT a foul, and that if you verbally object to that happening before you realize that it is legal, that the ref doesn't like it that much. Yes, Big G got his first yellow card in 6 years tonight! I hate it when I am wrong. For some reason I thought you could only head or chest the ball back to your keeper. I felt a lot better when Coach Culbreth got a card for his player having a bracelet on (which is another rule that I am not all that happy with, but I digress).

Farragut was rocking tonight (as usual). Our best offensive chances came in the second half, but again, with out a scoring threat up top, it is difficult.

BUT... if I had wanted a win or an easy game, I would not have scheduled Farragut for this match. I still think we got more out of this game, even in losing, than we would have in blowing a team out. Farragut is outstanding, and you have to play against those teams to prepare yourself for the play offs. I would rather lose now, than lose later, and I have always felt that these games pay off.

Anyway, congrats to another wonderful Farragut squad. I think you will go far!