TWF State Freestyle and Greco-Roman Tournament

ghouse

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is good to hear. I will look forward to receiving the entries.

For everyone else you only have a few hours left to register for Greco with registration closing tonight at 7:00 P.M.

My goal will be to have brackets for Greco up late tonight but possibly Thursday night.

So far we have a total of 45 athletes registered for Greco. I hope we can continue to see that list grow today.

Coach, go check you gmail, I sent you my roster. I only say that because for some reason my email domain gets caught by gmail and I get dumped into your spam folders. Please check your spam folder for our roster. If you could, please confirm you recieved it by emailing me at coach@lionspridegrappling.com.

Thanks

Coach Trick

I looked at the flyer and i didnt see anything about an open division. I know that this tourney had one last year, will there be one this year? And if so what are the weight classes?

Yes that was brought to my attention today.There will be an open division. I believe the current plan is to pool open athletes into close weights.

Where will the brackets be posted when once completed ? Cant wait to watch some great wrestling this weekend. By the way ghouse will your son be wrestling this upcoming tournament ?

Brackets will be posted at the TWF website. I will let everyone know the link once they are up.I certainly hope you have me confused with someone else since I don't have any children yet.

Coach, go check you gmail, I sent you my roster. I only say that because for some reason my email domain gets caught by gmail and I get dumped into your spam folders. Please check your spam folder for our roster. If you could, please confirm you recieved it by emailing me at coach@lionspridegrappling.com.ThanksCoach Trick

Coach Trick,I actually found it in my spam folder just before checking here. Thanks for the heads up though.

This hasn't been posted yet and wasn't mentioned in detail on the flyer but we will be following standard weigh-in practice of scratch +1 lb with singlet at weigh-ins.

For example this means that anyone attempting to make Cadet 105 will need to weigh 106 lbs with their singlet on.

Updated registration information and Greco-Roman brackets are available from the TWF website at www.tennwrestling.com.

See everyone tomorrow!

When the freestyle brackets are complted will they be subject to combined weight classes as the greco- tournament or will all that be decided after finding out the number of wrestlers that will be atteniding the freestyle tournament.

When the freestyle brackets are complted will they be subject to combined weight classes as the greco- tournament or will all that be decided after finding out the number of wrestlers that will be atteniding the freestyle tournament.

You hit the nail on the head. It will all depend on the numbers who show up for the tournament. We will only combine weight classes in order to get people matches who otherwise might not. The goal is to never have to combine weights but sometimes participation at certain weights just isn't that high.