Distric 1 AAA

gogreene

Yesterday saw the # 4 seed Greeneville Greene Devils get a solo homer in the bottom of the 7th to take a 5-4 win from #5 Cocke County. The #3 seed Jefferson COunty barely got by the #6 Cherokee 4-1. Both teams advance to double elimination play today.

Greeneville vs #1 seed Morristown West (with whom they split during the regular season)

Jefferson County vs #2 seen Morristown East (with whom they not only split with, but also tied for the second spot during the regular season, allowing the seeding to come down to a coin toss).

These two games seem very interesting and on paper, very even. Who wins and who goes on to have a single game shot to advance to the regionals?

Looks as if "Mother Nature" won round 2, even thought the rains never really amounted to much in East Tennessee. Ganes will be played Monday. Does that make the playing fields even more level, especially for Greeneville and Jefferson, giving their #1 starters another days rest, or does it shift the focus back to East and West since they have not even played yet and had another day off???

West tops Greeneville 7-0 tonight and earns the right to play in the winner's bracket finals and an automatic bid into the regionals. Up next will be the winner of Jefferson County and Morristown East. Greeneville gets the loser of that contest in an elimination game tomorrow night. Does Greeneville send their ace (Ryan Fillers) to the mound? Should be two good games tomorrow.

Jefferson County defeated Morristown East 11-1 in 5-innings. East left 10 runners on base, including bases loaded in the first and second and did not score their lone run until the fifth.

Game 1 tomorrow has West vs Jeff, with a rgional birth at stake, while game 2 is Greenevile vs East in an elimination match.

West probably has the most talent, but I would not put it past Jefferson to battle. East and Greeneville is a toss up.

Tonight's games saw Jeff hold off West and East end Geeneville's season. This brings us to tomorrow's final elimination game (East vs West) and the finals (Jeff playing th winner of the 5:30 game).

West should have the advantage over East, but Jeff should be in the driver's seat, because they just have to win one, while the other (East or West) will have to win three straight.

What is yes.

I've watched greeneville play a few times this year at a tournament in charleston and i was really impressed with greeneville's #10, he is a very well rounded player with great skills. I would be very interested on more info on this kid to maybe invite him down to Turner Field one day.

What will be interesting to watch tonight is who has quality pitching available. The Saturday rainout really put West and East in a bind. I have not watched much of the IMAC games this year, but I would assume that both teams pitched their two top pitchers on Monday and Tuesday, and in East's case, even used another pitcher for two innings on Monday.

Jefferson County had the advantage of being able to throw Sherrod on Friday, and bring him back on 3 days rest to throw last night, a gutty performance by a young man who is not known for his pitching stats. A roll of the dice by Coach Seals that worked. Hats off to the Patriots, who have been on a hitting tear for 2-3 weeks now.

I would assume that East and West are throwing everyone available in the 5pm game. I am betting on Kirkpatrick throwing for Jeff.

It appears that the winner of our district will see South, while the loser most likely will be traveling to Science Hill.

GO PATRIOTS! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

these conference is horrible, jeff Co is terrible and they probably will make it out, these isn't even a good AA conference

this conference can't be terrible. I have personally seen greeneville play and believe they are a great ball club. They were shafted by a bad call in the 5th inning of their last game which caused them their season. #10 still impresses me though, does anyone have info on this kid? Is he going to a big university to play ball or is he going straight to the league?