14a district updates

Imatiger

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14A is going to be a wild one!!! One of the favorites will be gone for sure before the title round. Halls blew a 1-0 lead in the 7th on Saturday in losing to Union City 2-1 and then Peabody followed that up with an upset victory over Humboldt, 5-4.

Mondays games (all games at Elam Field in Union City)

Loser's bracket:

Halls vs Gleason

Humboldt vs Dresden

Tuesdays games

Winner's Bracket:

Union City vs Peabody

Loser's bracket:

Winners from Monday's games

14A is going to be a wild one!!! One of the favorites will be gone for sure before the title round. Halls blew a 1-0 lead in the 7th on Saturday in losing to Union City 2-1 and then Peabody followed that up with an upset victory over Humboldt, 5-4.

Mondays games (all games at Elam Field in Union City)

Loser's bracket:

Halls vs Gleason

Humboldt vs Dresden

Tuesdays games

Winner's Bracket:

Union City vs Peabody

Loser's bracket:

Winners from Monday's games

Wow! keep em comin. thanks

Monday's results:

Halls beat Gleason, 4-2 in the first game of the day. The Tigers took a 4-0 lead and held on in the final inning as Gleason cut the margin to two and left the bases loaded. It was the 4th or 5th time in the game that the Bulldogs left a man on 3rd base.

It was all Humboldt in the nightcap. The Vikings dispatched Dresden, 11-2, to send the Lions packing. Gleason's loss to Halls also sent the Bulldogs home for the year.

Tuesday's Slate (all games at Union City's Elam Field)

Winners Bracket: Union City vs. Peabody - 5:00

Losers Bracket: Humboldt vs. Halls - 7:30

Winner of the first game on Tuesday advances to Thursday's championship round and a berth in the regionals. The loser will have to battle the Halls/Humboldt winner. The Vikings swept the Tigers in league play during the season. The Tigers couldn't come up with any timely hitting versus the Vikings the first two outings. Will it be third time the charm for Halls or will Humboldt close the book on the Tigers and keep dancing. Should be two really good games tonight!!!

Tuesday's Results:

Winners' bracket - Union City won by one over Peabody

Losers' bracket - Halls got screwed over by the officials in the 7th, losing a 3-0 lead and the game, 4-3.

Wednesday's Games:

Losers' bracket - Peabody versus Humboldt

What stunned the Humboldt crowd was the Halls coach pulling that lefty off the mound. That guy was on & Humboldt couldn't do anything with him. That kid has a future! Had he stayed in the game Halls would be playing tonight. Period! Halls was playing good! All they had to do was put Humboldt away & the officials wouldn't be a factor.

THE REPORT I HEARD WAS THAT HALLS WAS UP 3-0, A RUNNER ON 1ST WITH 2 OUTS......AND THE BEST HALLS CAN DO IS SAY THE OFFICIALS SCREWED IT UP......THAT'S A STRETCH IF YOU ASK ME.....AND I DON'T HAVE A DOG IN THE HUNT......ALSO HEARD THE WINNING RUN SCORED ON A ROUTINE GROUND BALL TO 3RD THAT THE 3RD BASEMAN BOOTED AND THEN DIDN'T CLEAR THE MOUND ON THE THROW TO 1ST (ABOUT 4 HOPS TO 1ST)...WHICH ALLOWED THE WINNING RUN TO SCORE....

SO AGAIN I SAY, THE BEST YOU GOT IS THE UMPS????????

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE WE ALL HAVE TO GROW UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR OWN ACTIONS....

And you weren't there...going by what somebody told you...brilliant. Unless you were there and saw the strikes being called for balls, then you have no clue! That dog don't hunt, whether yours is in the fight or not.

I'll give you the fourth run shouldn't have scored, but the first three were all on blue behind the plate. The runner that was on first got there on a third strike where the kid was leaning out over the plate and the ball grazed his jersey, which wasn't tucked in and was just begging to be grazed. Even the head of officials, who was sitting in the stands mind you, was saying it and others should have been called a strike.

And you weren't there...going by what somebody told you...brilliant. Unless you were there and saw the strikes being called for balls, then you have no clue! That dog don't hunt, whether yours is in the fight or not.

I'll give you the fourth run shouldn't have scored, but the first three were all on blue behind the plate. The runner that was on first got there on a third strike where the kid was leaning out over the plate and the ball grazed his jersey, which wasn't tucked in and was just begging to be grazed. Even the head of officials, who was sitting in the stands mind you, was saying it and others should have been called a strike.

I've seen several called strikes around the ankles during this tournament. Even some on Humboldt! It goes both ways. I find it hard to believe that an official will dispute another official since they have this code of ethics where they don't express their opinions of each other's calls but if you say so. Bottom line is Halls shoulda put Humboldt away & there wouldn't be any discussion about the umps. Shoulda left the lefty in cause he was on fire! It's okay to be upset..........we've all been there! Halls had their chances to win the game hands down & they didn't. Kudos to Halls on a great season & a great baseball team.

Thanks 14!!! Also, sorry about the loss tonight. I understand Peabody won it 5-0? I would have never imagined a Peaboy vs UC final. I thought we'd be talking about a Humboldt vs Halls matchup for the second year in a row. Congrats on winning the division!!! My nephew really enjoyed the battles with you guys the last few years and he told me earlier that he likes the guys on that team.

Good luck to Peabody and UC.

Score was Peabody 9 Humboldt 6. Peabody deserved it! They played a good game. As far as the Halls team, they've got some talent & they play with class. Their coach & Humboldt's coach were talking after the game & the Halls coach hugged some of the Humboldt players wishing them luck. Seemed like a super nice guy! Sorry Halls isn't in the final game against Humboldt but Trenton deserved the win tonight. Good luck to Peabody & Union City.