District 7AAA Tournament

RaiderOne

Siegel was one or two solid players away from being a very good team, and as the season wore on, it looked liked they were short in the pitching department. You know the coach had to be angry all spring knowing she had one of the best pitchers in the state just standing in the dugout wearing street clothes and keeping the stat sheet ONLY because Ronnie Carter felt the need to flex his power to make a statement about travel ball. The girl got screwed by Carter and Siegel got screwed by Carter.

What did Carter do to the pitcher? Just wondering

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not an expert by no means, but this sounds like a coaching issue to me. All teenage girls can be arrogant at times but I believe maybe the coach should take control and handle that problem. From what I have seen this season, Cookeville has only backslid from the start. Maybe next year will be a better year for them.

From what I hear as long as they get a new coach, or one they have changes his ways some they will be fine. Really missed starting pitcher and catcher he ran off, or let some of his players run them off. Either way he is responsible.

Curiousparent

I don't think anything happened to Cookeville last night that was unexpected.

Cookeville can play with Sparta and Warren County but are in over there heads with the rest of the teams in Dictrict 7AAA. If you've ever sat and watched a game and I have seen them play a few games this year, in their minds they are as good as the teams from the 'Boro! Instead of striving to play at that same level as the 'Boro teams, some not all of those girls have an arrogance about them like they are already playing on Team USA.

They got their attitudes handed to them on a silver platter last night!

Well they are just as good as the boro teams.with maybe the exception of riverdale..Cause they DID beat oakland at home. And the game with blackman the other night was rough but when you have boro umpires what do you expect. Coach Jones did what he could with the young tallent. Cookeville was young had only 2 seniors which will be truly missed. But Cookeville will conitnue to be nippin on the heals of "boro" teams.

From what I hear as long as they get a new coach, or one they have changes his ways some they will be fine. Really missed starting pitcher and catcher he ran off, or let some of his players run them off. Either way he is responsible.

That he ran off? no more like they quit on their team because they wanted the SUPERSTAR treatment. But Cookeville will continue to get better. Nothing wrong with the coach one of the best in the state but you have to have a little bit of tallent.

Baseballer31 - After talking to some of Cookeville parents whom I have known for a long time during the district tournament I think several of the parents whose girls STILL play on the team that agree after the truth came out that there was much more to that story your pushing than those girls leaving because they wanted special treatment. You are right about there being talented players in Cookeville. One parent did seem like that there may be light at the end of the tunnel because one of the biggest instigators of the trouble for the last few years was a senior and leaving to playball at a small community college. Someone better clue her in that behavior like that is not acceptable when you play in college or you will simply be asked to leave the team.

I will have to agree that there is some talent on that team. 3 players come to mind - Kincaid as a pitcher, they have a great centerfielder and their short stop is good. All are very consistent and seem like nice girls. There is a freshman pitcher that is pretty good too but with Kincaid graduating and taking her pitching and batting with her... that freshman pitcher will have a rough way to go next year. She's young and has some maturing to do on the mound. I hope she doesn't get discouraged.

Cookeville is a team that has struggled with consistency and has never come together to play as a team on a week to week basis. As far as those SUPERSTARS you were talking about, the coach probably needs to swallow his pride, admit that maybe he had a part in the events that occurred, he wasn't honest about what really happened and that only a few of his parents know the real truth about the situation. I'm sure the coach is an okay guy I don't know him well enough to make an assumption one way or the other but what he is doing hasn't worked in the past and will not work in the future. As I'm sure you know since you are a ball player, if your players can't score runs and can't keep the other team from scoring runs because of defensive errors you will NEVER be successful. You might luck up and beat a good team every now and again but you will not be competitive in 7AAA. Sorry.

That he ran off? no more like they quit on their team because they wanted the SUPERSTAR treatment. But Cookeville will continue to get better. Nothing wrong with the coach one of the best in the state but you have to have a little bit of tallent.

Young talent? Alot of his players are juniors aren't they? That's not young where we're from!

From the people I talked to, Jones did help run these players off. These were players that never missed a practice or a game. They practice on their on time and had been doing this since they were little girls. But the catcher and pitcher missed one practice in Dec. to go to pitching and hitting lessons with Jones blessing. On Mon. he told them the would have to run 5 miles for missing. They ran part of it on Mon and on Tues he told them he had no one to watch them. The next day or two he let the catcher go and the next day the pitcher got so harressed by a couple of girls that she left the locker room with her dad and her mom called the coach. He never call the little girl back or even tried to talk to her. He had coached this player when she was younger and he knows how dedicated she had always been. The outfielder that had to quit was a friend of these two, so the other girls and the coach made it so hard on her she quit. From what was told to me, Mr Jones has no control over his girls at all. He let a little click run the team and look how it ended up. I understand that these girls that quit have been harressed outside of school also. It is also my understanding that these girls are working out every day and still taking pitching and hitting lessons. Does this sound like someone that wanted SUPERSTAR treatment? Sounds like they just want to play ball. Sounds more like some was jealous of these girls and the jealous ones was good friends of the Jones. I also was told that there have been many lies told about these girls and the things that really happen. I can't understand why the school system has not stepped in and took care of this coach. Now you see why my child will not attend Cookeville High School. Some good players that are coming out of middle school is going to some of the other high schools in Putnam Co. because of this coach. With so many good players in Putnam Co. they should have a killer high school team.

From the people I talked to, Jones did help run these players off. These were players that never missed a practice or a game. They practice on their on time and had been doing this since they were little girls. But the catcher and pitcher missed one practice in Dec. to go to pitching and hitting lessons with Jones blessing. On Mon. he told them the would have to run 5 miles for missing. They ran part of it on Mon and on Tues he told them he had no one to watch them. The next day or two he let the catcher go and the next day the pitcher got so harressed by a couple of girls that she left the locker room with her dad and her mom called the coach. He never call the little girl back or even tried to talk to her. He had coached this player when she was younger and he knows how dedicated she had always been. The outfielder that had to quit was a friend of these two, so the other girls and the coach made it so hard on her she quit. From what was told to me, Mr Jones has no control over his girls at all. He let a little click run the team and look how it ended up. I understand that these girls that quit have been harressed outside of school also. It is also my understanding that these girls are working out every day and still taking pitching and hitting lessons. Does this sound like someone that wanted SUPERSTAR treatment? Sounds like they just want to play ball. Sounds more like some was jealous of these girls and the jealous ones was good friends of the Jones. I also was told that there have been many lies told about these girls and the things that really happen. I can't understand why the school system has not stepped in and took care of this coach. Now you see why my child will not attend Cookeville High School. Some good players that are coming out of middle school is going to some of the other high schools in Putnam Co. because of this coach. With so many good players in Putnam Co. they should have a killer high school team.

This is more like the story I have gotten from Cookeville all year and not from any of the parents whose kids were the ones that left the team. I think as the season has gone on it has become clear to other parents what really happened with those few girls was not what was broadcast to the team or the parents. The few girls he did put his confidence and trust in got him no where this season. Maybe he learned his lesson or has had enough and will step aside and let someone with a more experience and some integrity take that team over.

It is a known fact that Jones was breaking some TSSAA practice rules and that after TSSAA was contacted the deception started.

Sounds like you need to get your facts straight,the catcher did not QUIT the team but was voted off by the team players and coach. Both these players are not SUPERSTARS but they do give 110% all the time when they are on the field and go above and beyond trying to make themselves better for thereselves and the team, but as always other people get jelous and the back stabbing continues. Mybe when they start playing as a team there unimpressive record will get better, its sure not it doing with this coach, but does any body care as long as your child or family member is playing, why rock the boat.

As for coach Jones being one of the best in ths state, you must not been around to many good coachs or watched a lot of league ball. Riverdale loses there best pitcher but dont have a problem, dont put Jones on the same level as Riverdales coach it would be an insult.

Cookeville has a lot of girls with tallent not just one, but you need somebody who can work this tallent and make it into a team, we just dont have it

Sounds like you need to get your facts straight,the catcher did not QUIT the team but was voted off by the team players and coach. Both these players are not SUPERSTARS but they do give 110% all the time when they are on the field and go above and beyond trying to make themselves better for thereselves and the team, but as always other people get jelous and the back stabbing continues. Mybe when they start playing as a team there unimpressive record will get better, its sure not it doing with this coach, but does any body care as long as your child or family member is playing, why rock the boat.

As for coach Jones being one of the best in ths state, you must not been around to many good coachs or watched a lot of league ball. Riverdale loses there best pitcher but dont have a problem, dont put Jones on the same level as Riverdales coach it would be an insult.

Cookeville has a lot of girls with tallent not just one, but you need somebody who can work this tallent and make it into a team, we just dont have it

Do think Coach Jones will be back next year with all of these problems? Then you should ask why would he want to come back? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

This is more like the story I have gotten from Cookeville all year and not from any of the parents whose kids were the ones that left the team. I think as the season has gone on it has become clear to other parents what really happened with those few girls was not what was broadcast to the team or the parents. The few girls he did put his confidence and trust in got him no where this season. Maybe he learned his lesson or has had enough and will step aside and let someone with a more experience and some integrity take that team over.

It is a known fact that Jones was breaking some TSSAA practice rules and that after TSSAA was contacted the deception started.

You are 100% correct, this is from somebody who also knows the TRUTH and who's child has had to pay the price this season.

Do think Coach Jones will be back next year with all of these problems? Then you should ask why would he want to come back? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Coach Jones daughter is on the team , what do you think, Idont think so. With a different coach I dont think she would make the team.