School Adminstrator Involvement

KitKat2

I witnessed something that seemed odd or at the very least inappropriate and was wondering if someone could explain the situation to me. During a district playoff game, at the half, the school administrator crossed the field, talked with the coach of his team, (who was animated, pointing, and indicating actions he obviously thought should have been calls in favor of his team) and proceeded to the officials. He then had about a 10-12 minute conversation with the officials using many of the same gestures his coach had used. When asked about the conversation, the administrator indicated that he just went over to "pay" the officials since they had to be paid from the district game gate. I don't know as I've ever seen payment of the refs take 10 minutes. In 10+ years of watching soccer I had never seen an official paid at half time at any game. Any insights/opinions?

BTW, in defense of the officials, it did not seem to have an effect on their approach to the game. Probably a much bigger effect was the negative approach of the fans, coach, and players of the team.