Baseball at Dobyns Bennett

spanky7134

If you noticed, as the year unfolded, our tribesmen got better with every game! They will be fine in the future, one sub-par year isn't going to sink the ship. We were very young this year, not making excuses because everyone in the conf. seemed to be having a youth movement, I can't remember the last time so many freshmen were playing varsity and not just filling up a spot on the roster as a pinch runner, but really contirbuting! It seemed like every team found a gem or two in thier freshman class as did we. Had Millsap been heathly all year who knows what could have happened, everything seemed to start coming together once we got him back, he is going to be some kind of leader for the Indians for the next three years, then the Bellamy kid did a good job in center, and Seabolt even had a good year with limited playing time. The future will be alright in their hands.

Just want to take this time to say thank you Indians for a great season and good luck next year, work hard in the off season! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WE ARE D-B!

If you noticed, as the year unfolded, our tribesmen got better with every game! They will be fine in the future, one sub-par year isn't going to sink the ship. We were very young this year, not making excuses because everyone in the conf. seemed to be having a youth movement, I can't remember the last time so many freshmen were playing varsity and not just filling up a spot on the roster as a pinch runner, but really contirbuting! It seemed like every team found a gem or two in thier freshman class as did we. Had Millsap been heathly all year who knows what could have happened, everything seemed to start coming together once we got him back, he is going to be some kind of leader for the Indians for the next three years, then the Bellamy kid did a good job in center, and Seabolt even had a good year with limited playing time. The future will be alright in their hands.

Just want to take this time to say thank you Indians for a great season and good luck next year, work hard in the off season! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WE ARE D-B!

The Tribe did finish the season strong. DB was the one team nobody wanted to face in the 1st round of the disrticts. The 2008 season was a season the Indians coaches could have written off early but they didn't. The coaches hung in there with this young team sticking it out and giving them time and chances to get better and they did.

The outlook for 2009 looks positive. The Tribe only lost 2 starting Seniors , both outfielders. Seabolt will fill one of those spots and the other is wide open. The infield is pretty solid and may only require some minor tinkering.

The Tribe lost a strong lead off hitter. Thats the big hole to fill in the batting order the other empty slot is the 9 hole. The batting line up looks to be much more confident in '09. The Indians will have 3 solid Senior pitchers next year as well as Junior Brandon. Plus some unseen untapped talent just wanting to get on the mound. There is a good buzz around this group of players and many of these young men have made strong commitments to work hard in the off season and have something to prove next year. Coach Ritz did a great job with this group this year.

The Tribe did finish the season strong. DB was the one team nobody wanted to face in the 1st round of the disrticts. The 2008 season was a season the Indians coaches could have written off early but they didn't. The coaches hung in there with this young team sticking it out and giving them time and chances to get better and they did.

The outlook for 2009 looks positive. The Tribe only lost 2 starting Seniors , both outfielders. Seabolt will fill one of those spots and the other is wide open. The infield is pretty solid and may only require some minor tinkering.

The Tribe lost a strong lead off hitter. Thats the big hole to fill in the batting order the other empty slot is the 9 hole. The batting line up looks to be much more confident in '09. The Indians will have 3 solid Senior pitchers next year as well as Junior Brandon. Plus some unseen untapped talent just wanting to get on the mound. There is a good buzz around this group of players and many of these young men have made strong commitments to work hard in the off season and have something to prove next year. Coach Ritz did a great job with this group this year.

Coach Ritz did a great job with what talent he had this year.So did coach Warner with the pitchers they had.Gabe Overcast did a tremendous job all year and kept us in the ball games.Gosh, we took South to extra innings and should have beat them twice.If not for the Ball kid having the game of his life (who played on city fields)DB would have won.The Tribe did not have a field to practice on for the most part of the season.The team seemed to play together really well.Hope there are some pitchers ready to step up to varsity next year, and come to the front.Congrats. to the Tribe on a good year.Good luck in summer ball.

It has been very upsetting this year not having the endless talking from DB... its a shame that they continue to be in the shadow of the hill.... they cant reload as the hill has ... and even with their most loaded team(last year) they win the Big 9 games when nothing matters and choke in every big game.... stick to football....and remember these years of inferiority when you have a decent year and act like God has blessed baseball with your teams... thanks

I would just like to ask heatplaya where he comes from that gives him a right to say someone or some team is not classy? I think it has been said do not judge one person as they will be judged later as so you will. Also reloading science hill had one maybe two new impact players on this team. DB had to reload everyone and still almost beat a two seed. Science Hill cant beat a team from Knoxville with the same team. Theres a difference in winning the big 9 and winning sub state just ask all the kids from the teams last year

It has been very upsetting this year not having the endless talking from DB... its a shame that they continue to be in the shadow of the hill.... they cant reload as the hill has ... and even with their most loaded team(last year) they win the Big 9 games when nothing matters and choke in every big game.... stick to football....and remember these years of inferiority when you have a decent year and act like God has blessed baseball with your teams... thanks

What Big9 team do you support heatplaya?

Let me guess. South? Or perhaps the Hill itself?

Rest assured - you are forgiven for your unjustified harsh words.

Playya and Spanky I hope wisdom seeks you out as you age.

Baseball is unlike any other sport as mistakes can not be dismissed. Baseball is a game all about individual performance as well as a team effort.

The 2008 Indians baseball team was sucessful in more ways than most will ever see. 4 Seniors stuck it out for 4 years just to get a chance that most casual fans would never witness or much less experience. Miles Chase pitched a 2 hitter for a victory in his last outing. Lane taylor hit a Home Run in his last game on DB's home field (senior night). Trevor McNew absolutly went on a tear hitting and fielding in his last 3 weeks as a varsity player. And Garret Rich who saw very little playing time in '08 went 2 for 2 in his last game at home on senior night. These seniors showed class and poise. After 4 years and never giving up these seniors got memories that most can only dream of. I saw a heck of a lot of class from these gentlemen. Win lose or draw I would hope any player who makes this type of commitment gets the glory they deserve. Never once did they fold their tents and give up. I doubt they play organized ball again but the life lessons learned and earned will serve them well in their future endeavors.

The leadership and class they showed helped developed a very young team that will be a force in the future. This season will pay dividends in the very near future thanks to our seniors efforts.

Playya and Spanky I hope wisdom seeks you out as you age.

Baseball is unlike any other sport as mistakes can not be dismissed. Baseball is a game all about individual performance as well as a team effort.

The 2008 Indians baseball team was sucessful in more ways than most will ever see. 4 Seniors stuck it out for 4 years just to get a chance that most casual fans would never witness or much less experience. Miles Chase pitched a 2 hitter for a victory in his last outing. Lane taylor hit a Home Run in his last game on DB's home field (senior night). Trevor McNew absolutly went on a tear hitting and fielding in his last 3 weeks as a varsity player. And Garret Rich who saw very little playing time in '08 went 2 for 2 in his last game at home on senior night. These seniors showed class and poise. After 4 years and never giving up these seniors got memories that most can only dream of. I saw a heck of a lot of class from these gentlemen. Win lose or draw I would hope any player who makes this type of commitment gets the glory they deserve. Never once did they fold their tents and give up. I doubt they play organized ball again but the life lessons learned and earned will serve them well in their future endeavors.

The leadership and class they showed helped developed a very young team that will be a force in the future. This season will pay dividends in the very near future thanks to our seniors efforts.

Well said.It is hard for some people to understand that feeling when they are playing the school song.The Tribe and their followers have more pride in their big toe than most will ever know.Playing for the Indians is a Honor.Everbody want's to beat the Indians then beat their chest.That's why we face the best pitching every game we play in.We would have it no other way.We are DB.

This years team showed why DB is always the best year in and year out. This team was chosen to be one of the worst in the league but by the time the year was over they were easily in the upper half of the leauge if not in the top 3. Now if you call this a down year i will take this for a down year every year because one down year in ten if that ill be happy as long with everyone else. Good year Miles Chase, Garret Rich, Lane Taylor, and Trevor McNew showed that heart can do anything.

What Big9 team do you support heatplaya?

Let me guess. South? Or perhaps the Hill itself?

Rest assured - you are forgiven for your unjustified harsh words.

Don't be so quick to label this person as a South fan, as I spoke to quite a few South fans and players and they were in no way looking on down the Indians nor were they thrilled about drawing us in the first round of the tourney just as plowboy deluxe refered to earlier. They definatly gave us all the respect that we had earned! As far as him being a "Hill " fan well that's where I would put my money or an outside shot from Farragut maybe! Did anyone else see the comment from one of the "Hill's" players made about trying not playing more than 5 innings before they reached sub-state? What I wouldn't give to get another shot at them this season, oh well we will see what happens next year I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! Not sure I am ready to forgive such an Idiotic comment, heatplaya!

WE ARE D-B!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

"Heatplaya" or whatever........what an idiotic loser you must be!

Trust me boy, you DON'T want to go down this road. Don't stumble down a road of comparing D-B and Science Hill in athletics....trust me, just don't. Your better off to enjoy this extraordinarily rare time that Johnson City has a team good in anything and Kingsport doesn't. We have kicked the Hill around for decades son, not just years. Your once mighty basketball program is now off the map. You finally have a baseball team that's better than ours. That happens about once every 10 years so enjoy it. As for the man's sport that's played in the fall.....well.....we're all just embarrassed for you....how's that? So, since you have your first conference championship in any major boys sport in about 4-5 years, enjoy it. Hey, win that state championship now or you're all just a bunch of chokers, right? Then it will end quietly in June (pssst, very few people will care.....sorry). Then we'll reload and get ready to uphold dominance on you in basically everything else that matters... thanks!

='heatplaya' date='May 8 2008 - 05:29 PM' post='826774154']