DII State Tournament

stone17

I think Baylor and McCallie are locks for the semis. CBHS will be looking to avenge their previous 3-0 loss to JP2, and the winner of that game will likely play Baylor in the semis. Then Father Ryan will play MBA for a third time in 3 weeks, and MBA are going to want to knock off probably the best playing team in D2 at this moment. Tell me if you agree or disagree. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

This is soccer and at this level I don't think there are any locks. Too many flukey plays, bounces of the ball, etc. I've seen too many 20 to 2 shots on the goal games where the "20" loses by 1. It's just the nature of soccer. Most of the time the demonstrably better team wins but not always.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but no. Baylor and MUS play on Saturday at 11am....playing early I think so that MUS can get back for graduation on Sunday. Baylor's graduation is not until May 31st. McCallie has changed their game to Friday night @ 6:30 with St. Benedict in Memphis. Also graduation issue I think. Your game should be on one of the school websites by now.

Does anyone know the time and location of the Saturday May 17th MBA v Fr. Ryan match?

Thx

are you sure JP2 had a player with a red card that had to sit out against McCallie? It was my understanding that no one set out against McCallie. Unless I am wrong Will Maddox played.

A player does not have to sit out an additional game for a soft red.

If I understood someone's post on here earlier it was a straight red not a soft. They said that person had to sit out the Father Ryan game and the McCallie game....would be back for their substate game against CBHS. That is what another poster said anyway.

A soft red was not mentioned. Someone posted that a large chunk of JPII's offense was missing the Father Ryan and McCallie game due to a red card. I assume he is a fan and knows something....if not one of the JPII people could clear it up.

Then a 15 minute lapse with the player really should not be a big deal then. At this time of the season alot are sitting out more than they want with bumps and bruises, etc. Thanks for clearing the red card up.

will maddox recieved a soft red.. he only sat out the first 15 minutes or so against father ryan and played the whole game against mccallie.. he is their best player

If I understood someone's post on here earlier it was a straight red not a soft. They said that person had to sit out the Father Ryan game and the McCallie game....would be back for their substate game against CBHS. That is what another poster said anyway.

The following was taken from a previous post:

They were lacking a large chunk of their scoring punch. In the previous game while the were up by 3 goals, near the end of the game Will Maddox dissented over a throw-in near half line in front of all spectators. He addressed his dissent LOUDLY, focused not on the call, but directed at the referee. He had been cautioned earlier in the game, so it was his second caution. He will also have to set out this next game per TSSAA's rules regarding an ejected player.

Sounds like a soft red to me just a lack of understanding re: the rules surrounding a soft red. So, yes...a soft red was previously mentioned.

are you sure JP2 had a player with a red card that had to sit out against McCallie? It was my understanding that no one set out against McCallie. Unless I am wrong Will Maddox played.

You are right. Maddox played in both the Father Ryan match and the McCallie match. When they played FR he did not start but came on later in the game, but he played the whole time against McCallie.

You are right. Maddox played in both the Father Ryan match and the McCallie match. When they played FR he did not start but came on later in the game, but he played the whole time against McCallie.

The Father Ryan vs. MBA game was origially slated for Saturday...not sure what time... but as of today they are looking at a reschedule to Friday night due to pre-graduation activities. That should be decided early this week. I believe that Charles Rodriguez may be back for that game. It has been interesting that while Charles is a phenominal player and the team must miss him that they have done so well and other kids have stepped up to do the job. They have two sophomores at mid-field that have effectively shut down big players in the last few games. If Charles is back for the finals I see Father Ryan as the team to beat at State!