Bradley Central Wrestling Banquet

Da Bears

Bradley Wrestling Banquet

The Bradley Central High School Wrestling Team recently held its annual Wrestling Banquet at the school to honor the undefeated State Championship team.

Head Coach Steve Logsdon opened the banquet by summarizing the team accomplishments during the 2007-2008 season. ???This team won the Huntsville. Alabama Tournament, the Lion Duals at Peachtree High School in Georgia, the Bradley Invitational, The Hoover Invitational in Hoover in Alabama, the Tennessee Region 3 Duals, the Tennessee Region 3 Traditional, the Tennessee State Dual Championship and the Tennessee State Traditional Championship. In addition to winning those tournaments and titles, this team went undefeated during the regular season,??? noted Coach Logsdon.

Logsdon continued, ???This was just one of those teams that came together and took the Bradley tradition to heart and went out every match and fought their hearts out.??? ???During the regular season, the most any team scored on us was 19 points,??? he added.

The 14 starters for the season were each honored with a trophy, a DVD of the season, and photo collage. Those honored were Ethan Hames, Kelby McAlister, Logan Biddy, Ed Stiles, Trevor Herron, David Graham, Chris Aguilar, Dean Pavlou, Josh Disney, Matt Watson, Jacob Howard, Tucker Bolton, Blake Higgins, and Cody Epperson.

In addition, four individuals who won individual state championships were given a personalized ???Wheatie Box??? with their picture on the box. Those given Wheatie Boxes were Ethan Hames (103 lb State) Champion, Logan Biddy (119 lb State Champion), David Graham (130 lb State Champion) and Dean Pavlou (145 lb State Champion).

Coach Chad Laxton also told the large crowd of the pride and efforts the Junior Varsity showed during the season. ???Unlike some other sports, in wrestling every member of the team workouts the same everyday; no one just sits around and watches,??? Chad explained. ???This year??™s freshman and junior varsity team won every tournament they were in except one and that was due to only having 19 team members entered against a team which had 32 entered???, Laxton added.

Lake Forest Coach Brent Belcher was honored this year as the ???Volunteer of the Year???. Coach Logsdon said, ???Brent does a lot for the sport of wrestling in this community. He is dedicated to the Lake Forest team and helps with the Bradley Kid??™s Club. It is his effort that continues to feed great young wrestlers to the Bradley program.???

Coach Logsdon thanked the teams other coaches; Chad Laxton, Ben Smith, Daniel Montgomery, and Hank Rains.

Coach Logsdon concluded, ???I will miss this very exciting and successful team. I challenge the returning wrestlers to work hard this summer and step up and fill the slots of those departing seniors and help the winning tradition of Bradley Wrestling to continue.???

The banquet was catered by the Bradley High School Culinary Arts Department.

For more information about Bradley Central High School Wrestling go to www.BradleyWrestling.com.

Bradley Wrestling Banquet

The Bradley Central High School Wrestling Team recently held its annual Wrestling Banquet at the school to honor the undefeated State Championship team.

Head Coach Steve Logsdon opened the banquet by summarizing the team accomplishments during the 2007-2008 season. ???This team won the Huntsville. Alabama Tournament, the Lion Duals at Peachtree High School in Georgia, the Bradley Invitational, The Hoover Invitational in Hoover in Alabama, the Tennessee Region 3 Duals, the Tennessee Region 3 Traditional, the Tennessee State Dual Championship and the Tennessee State Traditional Championship. In addition to winning those tournaments and titles, this team went undefeated during the regular season,??? noted Coach Logsdon.

Logsdon continued, ???This was just one of those teams that came together and took the Bradley tradition to heart and went out every match and fought their hearts out.??? ???During the regular season, the most any team scored on us was 19 points,??? he added.

The 14 starters for the season were each honored with a trophy, a DVD of the season, and photo collage. Those honored were Ethan Hames, Kelby McAlister, Logan Biddy, Ed Stiles, Trevor Herron, David Graham, Chris Aguilar, Dean Pavlou, Josh Disney, Matt Watson, Jacob Howard, Tucker Bolton, Blake Higgins, and Cody Epperson.

In addition, four individuals who won individual state championships were given a personalized ???Wheatie Box??? with their picture on the box. Those given Wheatie Boxes were Ethan Hames (103 lb State) Champion, Logan Biddy (119 lb State Champion), David Graham (130 lb State Champion) and Dean Pavlou (145 lb State Champion).

Coach Chad Laxton also told the large crowd of the pride and efforts the Junior Varsity showed during the season. ???Unlike some other sports, in wrestling every member of the team workouts the same everyday; no one just sits around and watches,??? Chad explained. ???This year??™s freshman and junior varsity team won every tournament they were in except one and that was due to only having 19 team members entered against a team which had 32 entered???, Laxton added.

Lake Forest Coach Brent Belcher was honored this year as the ???Volunteer of the Year???. Coach Logsdon said, ???Brent does a lot for the sport of wrestling in this community. He is dedicated to the Lake Forest team and helps with the Bradley Kid??™s Club. It is his effort that continues to feed great young wrestlers to the Bradley program.???

Coach Logsdon thanked the teams other coaches; Chad Laxton, Ben Smith, Daniel Montgomery, and Hank Rains.

Coach Logsdon concluded, ???I will miss this very exciting and successful team. I challenge the returning wrestlers to work hard this summer and step up and fill the slots of those departing seniors and help the winning tradition of Bradley Wrestling to continue.???

The banquet was catered by the Bradley High School Culinary Arts Department.

For more information about Bradley Central High School Wrestling go to www.BradleyWrestling.com.

Wasnt David Mang a state champ from here also?

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that he wasn't welcome at the banquet or in their practice room anymore. Of course it could just be an ugly rumor. But I heard that he and some other wrestlers got in trouble again and he was banned but the others were not. But I can understand that since they are coming back next year and Mang isn't. Anyone have the full story? Hope that's not true.