Region 3 AA

orangeman

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCS over Sweetwater, no-hitter. 6-AA was very strong at the top this year.

Very questionable call at 2nd base in the Meigs vs. Hixson game. Meigs led 1-0 in the sixth inning and had the leadoff batter on. Bunted and the throw to second pulled the fielder off the base. Runner was called out and after the Meigs coach asked to appeal and the other ump unheld the call. Meigs may not have scored but they would have had runners on first and second with no out and their 2, 3, and 4 hitters coming up. When you get to a region game there should be umps from another region and the umps were from the Sequatchie Valley, who is in the same district as Hixson. Hixson has a very good team and wish them the best of luck from here on out. District 6AA obviously is strong at the top but so is district 5AA.

The best I remember Indian, they went down in order, no harm no foul on the call.

As for the umpires AA, I only recognized one and you are correct that he was from the Valley. All due respect to our Seq. Valley friends, but there is no love loss between Umps from there and we "City" teams. I believe both teams got a well called game, if you disagree then I guess we will have to agree that we disagree.

Meigs County played a great game, you should be very proud of the girls AA. Thank you for your well wishes, we may well need them against CCS Wed. nite.

What did those batters do the next time they were up? And I really doubt there would be any bias from those umps-they also cover 6A games so it's not just the umps for Bledsoe, Sequatchie and Marion.

Just to answer your question and then I will let it go. The next batter up hit a line drive to the third baseman who turned it into an inning ending double play. Would have been a bunt situation without the call and we never know what might have happened. Might have scored zero but might have scored 2 or 3.

It was a well played game and we are very proud of our girls and I am sincere when I wish Hixson the best of luck. Really enjoyed playing them.

The good news is that Meigs returns eight starters and looking forward to advancing a little farther next year. The bad news is that most of them play basketball too and have to pretty much take the month of June off for basketball but thats another story.

Just to answer your question and then I will let it go. The next batter up hit a line drive to the third baseman who turned it into an inning ending double play. Would have been a bunt situation without the call and we never know what might have happened. Might have scored zero but might have scored 2 or 3.

It was a well played game and we are very proud of our girls and I am sincere when I wish Hixson the best of luck. Really enjoyed playing them.

The good news is that Meigs returns eight starters and looking forward to advancing a little farther next year. The bad news is that most of them play basketball too and have to pretty much take the month of June off for basketball but thats another story.

Sounds like BB rules in Meigs County! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Who's expected to pitch next year for Hixson? And are enrollments/zones going to be shifted in that area, with some from Red Bank going to Signal Mountain, from Hixson to Red Bank and from Soddy-Daisy to Hixson as was planned? There have been players over the years who could have certainly added to Hixson's success but ended up at Soddy-Daisy out of Loftis or Hixson Middle.