D-II AA State

KnightTime05

Well Mr. Ump, have you umped at all four of these school's games? If you look at their record, St. Benedict has beaten several of the schools that will be at state this week including the great and wonderful AAA schools. Two of their three seniors are attending Auburn and Boston College on softball scholarships which is a tad bit more impressive than ETSU, Memphis, and Howard

Pretty confident for a team that has lost to the Bruisers 13-7, 7-1, and 10-1 in the last three years. In softball, I'll take volume of athletes over fewer every day unless your one or two is a pitcher who throws in the mid 60's. You can dominate basketball with one (see Knox Webb and Glory J), but in softball it takes nine to win in the 'Boro.

Should be a good game. Hope to see ya there.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure seems easy to live in the past because someone has a pretty bleak looking future come tomorrow morning. The days of total domination are over as everyone saw last night when we (Briarcrest) held you to one run in four and a half innings. St. Benedict is going to give you a darn good run for your money.

1slapper: I don't think you are a part of the Briarcrest team or parents, so please don't pin the smack talk on them. It's not their style. Briarcrest lost to an outstanding GPS team last night...End of story. GPS & St. Benedict should be a fun game to watch.

Well Mr. Ump, have you umped at all four of these school's games? If you look at their record, St. Benedict has beaten several of the schools that will be at state this week including the great and wonderful AAA schools. Two of their three seniors are attending Auburn and Boston College on softball scholarships which is a tad bit more impressive than ETSU, Memphis, and Howard

GPS 7 St. Benedict 4

Not sure who signed with BC from St B, but I'm guessing it was #1 the Centerfielder, Logue. Very good player, had four good at bats and went 2 for 4 with a run. The other Sr. going to Auburn is not dressing out with the team, so I guess GPS got a break.

The "less impressive" GPS seniors:

Memphis (#3 and #2) - 6 for 8, 2 runs, 5 RBI's, 2B, HR

ETSU (#9) - 2 for 4, 1 run, 2 2B's

Howard (#16) - 1 for 3

Both teams hit the ball well, so the potential rematch will have some energy. Of course, the Knights may have something to say about that.

Good luck tonight Eagles. Pope John Paul brought a good game against Briarcrest, so it should be a good game.