14U State - Saturday Night Memphis -

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who played whom on Sunday? I can't find anything on that.

Good luck on finding any updates on the TN girls AAU site. I've been trying to find out what went on at the 16u states for weeks now.

As to Sunday's games-

Semifinals

TN Glory over Team Pride

Lady Shox over Elite (81-78 in double OT)

Finals

Glory over Shox (Glory went undefeated for the weekend)

Pride over Elite for third

Ok,

I've got to ask how did The Glory pull that off?? They lost twice to the Trotters in substate pretty handily. 30 points one game. You aren't supposed to pick anybody up between substate and state, so is it improvement, somebody not on the roster, or coaching???

As for the Glory, could be any number of things- plus they just played well. Maybe the Trotters are a bad matchup for them- they didn't have to play them at state as the Trotters didn't make Sunday play. Maybe they had players out at sub-state that then played at state. I know 2 teams at the state were missing significant portions of their rosters which made a huge difference and neither team won a game at state.

Memphis Elite (1-1) +11 v Flight (Trotters) (2-0) +18 Saturday night. If the Flight win the Elite do not advance. If the Elite win by 8 or less the Flight advances, if they win by 9 or more Team Pride (2-1) +10 advance. Just about everybody watching knows that the Elite are going to win the game but by 8 or less so that the Flight will advance.

(They are part of the same organization) With approx 3 minutes to go the the Elite are up by 14 or 15. Insell starts calling timeouts, yelling at girls for missing free throws, etc., and he keeps looking over at the clock keeper talking about something with him (think his name is Gordon, not sure but someone referred to him as such). Fast forward... 28 seconds left and the Elite are winning by the magic number 8. During the timeout Insell tells the team, they are not going to shoot and we (Flight) advance and play tomorrow. For about 20 seconds the Elite dribble out the clock, the Flight are just standing there thinking they are going to advance, with about 8 seconds left, #32 for the Flight (great player by the way) takes off to the basket and gets fouled with 3 seconds left in the game. I believe there were 2 timeouts taken. This is where things get even crazier- the Elite player misses her first free throw. Remember, there are 3 seconds left in the game and 1 free throw left to shoot. The referees call 'ballgame' and said the coaches didn't want to shoot the free throws, (not sure which coaches). The referees walk off the floor and the Flight walks off the floor and out of that portion of the gym. Out comes Peanut C. to see what is going on. He rules the game is not over and that it has to be completed. The Flight have to come back on the floor. The Elite player lines up to shoot and makes the free throw. Flight throw it in and heave a shot and it misses. Apparently, one of the Flight staff, my guess is Insell, (the actual head coach doesn't impress me as someone that would do it) mouthed off to the Memphis staff and one of the Elite coaches had to be restrained. Final score 62-53, I think, 9 point Memphis win, Flight does not advance. There were many meetings going on between Peanut and different coaches following the game. I'm not saying that the outcome (8 point win) was pre-determined, but for 35 minutes and 57 seconds, it sure appeared that way.

Memphis Elite (1-1) +11 v Flight (Trotters) (2-0) +18 Saturday night. If the Flight win the Elite do not advance. If the Elite win by 8 or less the Flight advances, if they win by 9 or more Team Pride (2-1) +10 advance. Just about everybody watching knows that the Elite are going to win the game but by 8 or less so that the Flight will advance.(They are part of the same organization) With approx 3 minutes to go the the Elite are up by 14 or 15. Insell starts calling timeouts, yelling at girls for missing free throws, etc., and he keeps looking over at the clock keeper talking about something with him (think his name is Gordon, not sure but someone referred to him as such). Fast forward... 28 seconds left and the Elite are winning by the magic number 8. During the timeout Insell tells the team, they are not going to shoot and we (Flight) advance and play tomorrow. For about 20 seconds the Elite dribble out the clock, the Flight are just standing there thinking they are going to advance, with about 8 seconds left, #32 for the Flight (great player by the way) takes off to the basket and gets fouled with 3 seconds left in the game. I believe there were 2 timeouts taken. This is where things get even crazier- the Elite player misses her first free throw. Remember, there are 3 seconds left in the game and 1 free throw left to shoot. The referees call 'ballgame' and said the coaches didn't want to shoot the free throws, (not sure which coaches). The referees walk off the floor and the Flight walks off the floor and out of that portion of the gym. Out comes Peanut C. to see what is going on. He rules the game is not over and that it has to be completed. The Flight have to come back on the floor. The Elite player lines up to shoot and makes the free throw. Flight throw it in and heave a shot and it misses. Apparently, one of the Flight staff, my guess is Insell, (the actual head coach doesn't impress me as someone that would do it) mouthed off to the Memphis staff and one of the Elite coaches had to be restrained. Final score 62-53, I think, 9 point Memphis win, Flight does not advance. There were many meetings going on between Peanut and different coaches following the game. I'm not saying that the outcome (8 point win) was pre-determined, but for 35 minutes and 57 seconds, it sure appeared that way.

You should become a writer for Desperate Housewives