Ripley

greenergrass

I can't help but notice the win loss record of Ripley. I am sure they are good or they would not be in the state, but what is the scoop on them? Did they upset a few along the way or just play a really tough non-district schedule? What are their strengths and weaknesses?

Well, they are there, but one might say they are a Cinderella team. The regular season does not figure into making the post season. As long as you win the right games during the district, region, and sectional, which they did, then you make the big show. Those wins might be the upsets.

As far as a tough non-district schedule, I would classify it the other direction for the most part.

Strengths: Luck, and a couple of good pictchers.

Weaknesses: Team split due to coaching change, young kids, lots of controversey on the team.

Yes they def got lucky in the postseason......lost 1st round district game to covington, a team that had already beat them twice, won and advanced to play covington again in the district semifinal.. covingtons bats fell asleep and they couldnt buy a hit and ripley managed to win that game....they then went to dyer county and upset them...i dnt really no how but they did......lost to usj in the region final after losing to them in the district final....once they got to substate it was a joke..they beat up on some memphis team that wasnt very good.......so all in all they were won by skill or luck when they had to.....and thats all that matters