Division I Championship

oknative

Gman, the easy answer is a simple, "Amen".

"A whole lot of our kids at Catholic have gone on to play in college, to successful careers--some are now introducing me to their wives and children---and in all these years, I've never had a single one of them tell me they were slowed down in life one bit because, for whatever reason, they didn't win a State title. And as you also well know, not a single one of your Warriors who I had on club teams---kids who did raise the trophy---ever cared near as much about the title as they did about playing with and for you and their teammates.

If you are cheesy and old fashioned, I am ancient, moldy, old fashioned cheese. At Catholic and at CAK (and in truth, at most schools), we coach and play for our teammates, not for gold balls. If gold balls were the measure of our success, we needed to quit a long time ago. It's the effort to win, not the winning, that really counts".

Spoken with the eloquence you would expect that comes from such a long long long period of athletic adversity.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoken with the eloquence you would expect that comes from such a long long long period of athletic adversity.

Indeed, my friend, indeed. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

But what explains your discontent, soccerpro1? Your posts about Catholic are so melancholy it makes me wonder if you haven't had a long history of defeat at the hands of the unworthy, unathletic and uncrowned Irish. No state championships in your soccer background either? So sad. By the way, is Webb still playing? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Indeed, my friend, indeed. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

But what explains your discontent, soccerpro1? Your posts about Catholic are so melancholy it makes me wonder if you haven't had a long history of defeat at the hands of the unworthy, unathletic and uncrowned Irish. No state championships in your soccer background either? So sad. By the way, is Webb still playing? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wrong school and I have three rings in two sports and one is soccer. As to why I bother needling KC fans a long time after my playing days; they're like Mets fans for a lot of reasons but most of all they're easy to get a rise out of.

Wrong school and I have three rings in two sports and one is soccer. As to why I bother needling KC fans a long time after my playing days; they're like Mets fans for a lot of reasons but most of all they're easy to get a rise out of.

I assume tennis is the other. Great work. As for the Mets fans analogy, remember the Mets actually won one. We are still in search. I have always thought of us more along the lines of the Buffalo Bills---a city with attitude and plenty of chances, but no ring. Who knows, maybe tomorrow.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So now that your high school sports hay days are over, you spend your time trying to tick off KC fans? Wow I'm glad you spend your time well......

As for the thread- Go Warriors, bring home 6 in a row!

And this post started off so well. I really liked it in the beginning. That last section, after the "Go Warriors" part, well...not so much. Stop being so greedy. You sound like the Gman. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Should be a good game overall I believe from both teams. Both teams have looked very strong in the tournament which should lead to a great matchup. Hopefully it's not going to be too hot. CAK is sick and tired of losing to Catholic this year so they are going to bring everything they've got. GO WARRIORS!

I assume tennis is the other. Great work. As for the Mets fans analogy, remember the Mets actually won one. We are still in search. I have always thought of us more along the lines of the Buffalo Bills---a city with attitude and plenty of chances, but no ring. Who knows, maybe tomorrow.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm betting (actually the odds are so great in your favor a $1 would return a dime) on it. In honor of my KC friends whom I played travel ball against and a few times with, I'll be pulling for auld lang syne sake. However I will feel compelled to remind them that they crapped outta DII to do it!

I'm betting (actually the odds are so great in your favor a $1 would return a dime) on it. In honor of my KC friends whom I played travel ball against and a few times with, I'll be pulling for auld lang syne sake. However I will feel compelled to remind them that they crapped outta DII to do it!

DII, year in and out, maybe not the best, but most competitive when get to the final 8.