Done

fishunt

Jeff, Hailey, you two will be missed. I did not get to watch Hailey much this year, The paper told me all I needed to know. Good luck Hailey, If you get tired of the big UT give me a call and I will have you playing again in the snap of the finger. Hailey there is no other PITCHER that I would rather watch pitch then you. There is another level in this game waiting for you if you change your mind.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff,

I know how you feel when our hopes for our daughters turns out not the way we had planned. I have watched my daughter play and work through many injuries during her softball career. She loved the game and played through a broken tail bone, shoulder injury, and even orthroscopic knee surgery over the years. This year was her senior year and the injuries and other issues cancelled her season and she did not get to complete the tour of duty. I was heart-broken for her as well, but you know, it could be worse. I still love her very much an appreciate the years she gave me of enjoyment watching her compete. I am sure Hailey has also provided you with many joyful years. We as parents, coaches, and administrators have to keep on going and let our life be filled with others that love the game as well. Congrats on all the success in the past, and keep a positive outlook in life.

My first memory of Hailey goes back years. I coached her in 8u and she was amazing back then. I remember the first few practices we had and I was trying to find positions for all of the girls and Hailey was all over the infield. I finally decided to put her in the "pitching" position because she covered so much ground so quickly. She did an awesome job for an 8 year old. I am not sure if this was her first year at softball or not, but I knew that she would go far. When draft time came around the next season and Hailey was moving up to play as a 9 year old I had a coach call me and ask about the 8 year olds moving up, I let him know right then he needed to pick up Hailey. He mentioned other names to me, but I kept going back to Hailey. He said, "You really think a lot of that girl don't you!" I believe he did pick her up and never regretted it.

Hailey's parents are great too! Karen was one of the best "dug-out" Mom's a coach could ask for. She kept those girls lined up with their helmets in hand, ready to bat. That is a big accomplishment considering she was working with 5-8 year olds. I will never forget the time I got over-heated at a tournament and Karen volunteered to go out and pitch for me. I knew I could always count on Jeff's support too. Great parents!!!!

I know this goes back several years, maybe these memories are not as important as her high school years, but they are very special to me.

Hailey, good luck in your future. You are a great girl and I have followed your career from a distance over the years. Continue with your hard work ethic and sweet disposition!

Jeff, you can come and watch Anna play, and maybe give her some pitching tips!!!