U 17 State Cup

This weekend we will have the state championship for the U 17 girls in Hendersonville. We have 6 teams who (have qualified and) are hoping for a state title. Winner from each bracket's round robin meets in the finals on Sunday. Who do you think will come out of each bracket and who do you think will win in the finals?

ERSA Express (A Bracket)

Lobos (A Bracket)

Impact ( A Bracket)

SRFC Strikers (B Bracket)

TN FC (B Bracket)

Fury ( B Bracket)

OK I'll say up front I'm bias to tnfc. So here's my prediction for what it's worth.

TNFC 2 Strikers 1

Express 2 lobos 0

Express and TNFC should win their second games against diadora and fury.

State final

Tnfc 3 Express 1

These teams (tnfc, strikers, express)have all beaten or tied each other over the last two years. TNFC is a stronger team than last year and with the title on the line there will be fewer subs during the games.

Who can bring the intensity and make the fewest mistakes. ????

Go Blue!

I too will admit a bias to ERSA Express. This should be some great soccer. Here are my predictions:

TNFC 2 Strikers 1 (The winner of this will go to the finals) The Strikers are thin on the bench and not in synch as they have been in year's past but you can never count out a team who has won six straight state titles.

I think the Lobos will give the Express all they want. I remember the Lobos beating the Express in state league last year.

Express1- Lobos 0 (winner of this game should make finals)

In a hotly contested match I'll go with

Express 2 TNFC 1

I hope everyone stays injury free.

All I can say about the state championships is that all the teams who qualified deserved it and no one can predict the outcomes there is always that one upset. I know that I am nervous as anything and ready for the action tomorrow. I think the best game will be the Lobos v Express game...

This weekend we will have the state championship for the U 17 girls in Hendersonville. We have 6 teams who (have qualified and) are hoping for a state title. Winner from each bracket's round robin meets in the finals on Sunday. Who do you think will come out of each bracket and who do you think will win in the finals?

ERSA Express (A Bracket)

Lobos (A Bracket)

Impact ( A Bracket)

SRFC Strikers (B Bracket)

TN FC (B Bracket)

Fury ( B Bracket)

I think the competition is as even as it has ever been. It's a coin flip between TNFC, Strikers, and ERSA, with the Lobos not far off. If I had to pick a winner I would go with the Strikers. They seem to be able to elevate their game with the State on the line.....