Good luck Coach Emily

maj

Tennessee lost a great wrestling supporter and fierce competitor to neighboring South Carolina this week. I'm really going to miss this man at Tennessee events. A lot of schools besides Redbank are reaping the benefits of Coach Emily's efforts, he's had a hand developing young wrestlers all over the Chattanooga area. If all the kids who went through his kids clubs were ever assembled into a single high school team it would be pretty darned tough to beat. Coach Emily has been an almost permanent fixture coaching Team Tennessees at Challange cup and Dixie dual events. Thanks for your passion and enthusiasm Coach.

Red Bank: Emily hired to coach out of state

By: Ward Gossett

(Contact)

Former Red Bank wrestling coach Kevin Emily has landed another coaching job and will be relocating in the next two weeks to Lexington, S.C.

Emily resigned as Red Bank??™s following the 2007-08 season without a specific job in hand. He has accepted a position as head wrestling coach at White Knoll High School.

???I signed a contract last week,??? said Emily, who worked for five years at Red Bank. ???It??™s an awesome school and an awesome opportunity. Ironically, the community right next to the school is named Red Bank, and the principal told me there had been some thought about naming the school Red Bank.???

White Knoll is a seven-year-old school with a current enrollment close to 1,700 students. The athletic staff includes a strength coach and two full-time trainers.

???They just built a $4.1 million football stadium. The wrestling program gets money from the county and from the school. They have their own buses, and there??™s an incentive program,??? Emily said. ???It??™s the deal of a lifetime for me. The school is like a college campus, and I??™ll be just a couple of hours away from my parents.???

South Carolina students still have two more weeks of school, and Emily said he planned to meet with the wrestlers and their parents.

???I want to get a feel for who wants to practice and how often. I??™ll probably move in a couple of weeks,??? he said. ???I??™m excited. Once I get there I already have the go-ahead to buy a new mat. We have a wrestling room, and there are only a couple of things I need to do ??” padding the walls and installing some chin-up bars.???

Emily, who produced six Tennessee state tournament medalists including champion Danny Tolbert, has his work cut out for him but hopes to bring a team to Chattanooga for the McCallie Invitational in a couple of years.

???This isn??™t a particularly strong program, but in their second year they had some state place-winners,??? he said. ???I want to see what we have talent-wise before I commit to a tournament like McCallie, but the parents want to go where the kids will have the toughest competition available, and I plan to accommodate them.???

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad Maj started this topic. I have been meaning to do so myself. I just wanted to take a minute to thank Kevin for the passion and tireless effort he has put into youth wrestling in Chattanooga. Anyone who has ever had the joy of wrestling for Kevins Mighty Warriors knows that he gave his heart and soul to his wrestlers. Not only did he go the extra mile for his kids but he also had an open door policy for any kids simply wanting to get better. He has a true knack for making the kids have fun even when he is pushing them to the limits. Not only drilling the fundamentals and basics but also adding some funk and specialty type moves to keep things interesting and not so monotonous.Blake still uses the bear trap series,ventriliqist, Kelley and other moves that most youth coaches dont teach.Thank you Kevin for always making my own feel welcome in your room even when we were on opposing teams. As Maj already stated if all of kevins wrestlers were on one team it would be lights out for the opponents. I am going to list some kids who have came through Kevins doors at some point and benefited from his open door policy. You will be hearing a lot of these kids in the upcoming years. I dont think their parents would mind as Im sure they feel as grateful as I do. Blaike Henry, Jonathon Taylor, Brock Pressley, Micah Pressley, James Westbrooks, Tim Westbrooks, Tee & Jack Boone, Campbell Lewis, Zach Watson, Jamal Lackey, Addison Cornell, Madison Martin, P.j Harris, and many more. I can assure you there will be many state championships won from this group of kids and you played and important role in that Kevin. Thank you

Coach EM: While I can't over state ur importance--u are good!! All things aside""""""""""""Tolberts attitude @ the Ooltewah tour. was crap>>>>>>>>>> sore loser. punk, and vandal--he smashed a window..rippped his singlet and more>>>BY ALL MEANS REDNECK SHOULD MEET REDNECK>>>>> all on video then @ Regions fat daddy forces and Emily made an as* of them selves>coming into the stands>Emily[on video again]---God Coach---SEE Ya!!!anger managment???? Tolbert--you will lose ............Monkey or monkey...uh..uh...uhhhh

I have him on video----------JUDO PUSS-does not work on judo ######

vasdeferens, is this directed at Coach Emily or Danny Tolbert or Tony Tolbert or Danny Jr. I thought the original post was about us as a wrestling community losing one of our best Coaches. If you would expand your thoughts a little bit it might help the rest of us know what your talking about, Monkey? JUDO PUSS? Please help, I would like to know what you mean by all this jibberish.

vasdeferens, is this directed at Coach Emily or Danny Tolbert or Tony Tolbert or Danny Jr. I thought the original post was about us as a wrestling community losing one of our best Coaches. If you would expand your thoughts a little bit it might help the rest of us know what your talking about, Monkey? JUDO PUSS? Please help, I would like to know what you mean by all this jibberish.

That was the intent, ( wishing Coach Emily well ) but I guess Richard Cranium had other ideas. Too much trouble to start his own thread or better yet have personal chat with the Tolberts if he has an issue with them.

I am glad Maj started this topic. I have been meaning to do so myself. I just wanted to take a minute to thank Kevin for the passion and tireless effort he has put into youth wrestling in Chattanooga. Anyone who has ever had the joy of wrestling for Kevins Mighty Warriors knows that he gave his heart and soul to his wrestlers. Not only did he go the extra mile for his kids but he also had an open door policy for any kids simply wanting to get better. He has a true knack for making the kids have fun even when he is pushing them to the limits. Not only drilling the fundamentals and basics but also adding some funk and specialty type moves to keep things interesting and not so monotonous.Blake still uses the bear trap series,ventriliqist, Kelley and other moves that most youth coaches dont teach.Thank you Kevin for always making my own feel welcome in your room even when we were on opposing teams. As Maj already stated if all of kevins wrestlers were on one team it would be lights out for the opponents. I am going to list some kids who have came through Kevins doors at some point and benefited from his open door policy. You will be hearing a lot of these kids in the upcoming years. I dont think their parents would mind as Im sure they feel as grateful as I do. Blaike Henry, Jonathon Taylor, Brock Pressley, Micah Pressley, James Westbrooks, Tim Westbrooks, Tee & Jack Boone, Campbell Lewis, Zach Watson, Jamal Lackey, Addison Cornell, Madison Martin, P.j Harris, and many more. I can assure you there will be many state championships won from this group of kids and you played and important role in that Kevin. Thank you

Our family hurts today, and wrestling for us as a family may never be the same. It meant something to us for Kevin to be in our corner. We have lost a confidant, a coach, and a friend. My wife called me in tears when she read this post today. Kevin gave everything he had to my kids, your kids, all kids. I know Kevin Emily, I love Kevin Emily. My youngest son told my father the other day during a discussion about where he wanted to go to highschool, that he would just go to Red Bank to be with Coach. Kevin just tried to laugh it off but I knew it affected him, just as it had affected me. There will be no more Coach, not in this house. Kevin was our Coach. Thank all of you for the kind words and discussion about Kevin. I've asked Kevin to accept his legacy, his legacy lies with the kids. We had three mats going at the HCAC wrestling tournament. I called Kevin and told him during that evening that we had 6 kids wrestling on the mat at that time. I can't recall a mat during the tournament that didn't have a MIGHTY WARRIOR wrestling on it. These kids do wrestle for competing schools but they will always be a MIGHTY WARRIOR, and you will see Kevin Emily's influence on a mat near you for years to come. So, don't get all pumped over Kevin leaving because his MIGHTY WARRIORS aint left town just their COACH.

The Henry Family

Coach EM: While I can't over state ur importance--u are good!! All things aside""""""""""""Tolberts attitude @ the Ooltewah tour. was crap>>>>>>>>>> sore loser. punk, and vandal--he smashed a window..rippped his singlet and more>>>BY ALL MEANS REDNECK SHOULD MEET REDNECK>>>>> all on video then @ Regions fat daddy forces and Emily made an as* of them selves>coming into the stands>Emily[on video again]---God Coach---SEE Ya!!!anger managment???? Tolbert--you will lose ............Monkey or monkey...uh..uh...uhhhh

I have him on video----------JUDO PUSS-does not work on judo ######

POOR FORM,,,Mr Sp-cord! This is a time to recognize a good man,,, that has given all of himself to our wonderful sport. There's a time for everything,,,,and I would like to take this time to Thank Coach Emily for his selfless service.

CC

While I dont know you on a personal level I will have to say it was fun watching you coach. I would have to say you are the most animated and passionate coach around. The little guys really seemed to want to please you and they basked in your love and affection you showed them. Best wishes

I just wanted everyone to know this: When the Mighty Warriors went out of town to wrestle, we treated it like an event. It was fun that we all supported one another and the friendships made during those great years cannot be replaced. Chattwrestling, glc, Bearcat, Greg Presselly, Chiq, Jim McClure, all of you guys, and Gals: my wife included. Kevin took us all over the place and we followed, it was when he was the happiest. He told me the last time we were all together at Blackmon last fall" I'm coaching all my kids and for this day we aren't worring about who's going to school where, we are just a family today. He loved watching his kids compete just as he had instructed them and wearing them new Mighty Warrior singlets. The last few weeks of the season last year doesn't represent the man I know as Coach Emily. He couldn't stand to be without his kids and he finally came to the relization that all that time an effort was not going to support his program at Red Bank high school and I don't think he could bear the thought of having to coach against those young men nor did he have the heart to carry on with out them in chattanooga. I know some may not understand or care about the pressure/ dispare Kevin felt as a human being but everything he had dreamed about with this group of kids was falling apart. We had our share of words some not so nice, but life is not nice somtimes and this was not how it was all supposed to end. I was pleased to see the grappler had some nice words to say: I was worried! But you got it Grappler, the passion. Mike Sutherland is another one that has that passion, for those parents with kids that have been coached by Mike, you know what I mean. My sons still love and respect Mike to this day. It was awesome to be a part of the Mighty Warriors, you gotta believe for a man to act that crazy, u gotta luv it.(that was for you COACH)

Dang big guy you almost me cry. My good buddy CC swears I am going through menopause or something. You hit the nail on the head about coach E. People that werent part of what he had going on would never understand. Remind me each of the next 5-6 years and we will take a picture after each state tournament of the mighty warriors who win the state and send it to coach E. Im making a prediction now that when your Blaike is a junior there will be 4-6 state champions that were Mighty Warriors. Before Soddy built its kids program back into the powerhouse it is today almost every city champ was a mighty warrior except for a few of mine who snuck in there somehow. I cant count the # of conversations I have had with wrestling parents who said their kids wanted to wrestle for Kevin in high school but they were afraid they couldnt get the education that they wanted. That was the perception at least. I'll never forget one of my first years coaching Coach E asked me to help coach the state team at Camp Jordan. I said, "are you sure? I have a tendencey to get carried away and yell and scream" He said that was perfect because when he lost his voice from sreaming I could fill right in and the kids wouldnt miss a beat. The wins are great but I think a true measure would be to look at the relationship coach E has with those kids that grew up wrestling for him. I dont know how many times I have seen kid jump into his arms or hug him after a big win. I know I have seen a few tears of joy in his eyes from time to time when one of his kids accomplishes something not thought possble. I would be willing to bet that those same kids in a few years will hug coach E if he is present after they win the high school state champinship and I bet if you look closey there will still be tears of joy in his eyes. That is the measure of a true coach and mentor. It doesnt matter about anymore about the isues with the refs or any other problems the last year or so. All that matters is what you did for the kids and they will never forget that or you.

Ok so since we all feel the same way about Kevin and we are saying all these good things about him ...think Kevin will let that bunch that was listed above come stay with him next summer for his camp in SC ...LOL

We will all miss you here in Chattanooga Kevin

Thanks for all the years of the intensity and passion that you brought to coaching the Mighty Warriors

My sons have been proud to wear the Mighty Warrior Singlet when they wrestled

Bye Coach and good luck

Madman Kenzor and Sexynasinglet

ps: Coach I have a pic of me in my freestyle singlet for you to take with you if you want !!

Ok so since we all feel the same way about Kevin and we are saying all these good things about him ...think Kevin will let that bunch that was listed above come stay with him next summer for his camp in SC ...LOL

We will all miss you here in Chattanooga Kevin

Thanks for all the years of the intensity and passion that you brought to coaching the Mighty Warriors

My sons have been proud to wear the Mighty Warrior Singlet when they wrestled

Bye Coach and good luck

Madman Kenzor and Sexynasinglet

ps: Coach I have a pic of me in my freestyle singlet for you to take with you if you want !!

send me one of those pics as well hahahha