Official 11AA Thread

deerhunter88

Don graduated. You guys are speaking of Dantario.

Has Cheatham's loss of Dantario been confirmed? Haven't had my ear to the ground in awhile, hadn't heard anything about it.

Dang it! I knew that Slube. I edited my name to match Catfish's.....

I haven't heard that there's anything confirmed about a transfer.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Dansby wasn't playing with them at the Mont. Central Camp. After watching Cheatham their is not one guy I remember for them. They looked comepletly new. SC did a very poor job in their first two games against Houston Co. and Clarksville Academy but in the last game againt MC they played very well and Boone Smith lit it up, having 15 points in one half. The 2nd half the JV played and SC looked good with 6 sophomores and 1 freshmen.

The reason I put SC in front is I have seen how SC has gotten better and I had no clue what Creekwood had. I knew they had Walton and Palmore, both who can shoot. I have no clue how everything will go but if SC keeps improving at their pace they could do very well. Caleb Rozet has came around as our big guy. He is #80 in football and plays WR. SC has some good atheletes this year. A couple of them have experience too. It all depends on how they execute the offense. You better watch out though a sleeper candidate for MVP is Dylan Smith. Write it down.

The reason you put SC in front is your obviously from SC. SC looks like they are on a backwards pace. They looked better last year and if you think Smith could get MVP, you must not get out of SC very much or you just don't know anything about basketball. And we all know about how the new coach got hired to make sure Craig gets enough playing time regardless of his ability and terrible attitude.

I know that there is still some time until the season starts but I was just wondering how all the teams are doing so far. I know Stewart Co. and Sycamore have new coaches and I think Cheatham needs a new coach if they havn't got one yet. What does everybody have returning? The only team I am real unsure of is Creekwood. I know they had a lot of seniors. Here are my projections.

1. Harpeth-Trey Caruthers will lead them. I can also see their young guards stepping up also.

2. Sycamore-Having a new coach could hurt them early even though it hasnt hurt them that much before. Who do they have returnng?

3. Waverly- Vogel and company could be the team to watch for. They are still somewhat young and have very good guard play.

4.Stewart Co.- The reason I put SC here is because I do not know how Creekwood will be. SC has the Smith twins returning along with 4 other who have had experience on varsity. I believe that teams will need to watch out for Taylor Craig as he could possibly be a big contributor for SC in the paint.

5. Creekwood-I did not give them the benefit of doubt but they could be anywhere on here I just do not know what they have coming back.

6-8 I do not know much about any of the other three except I am sure MC lost Greene. Did Fairview lose Bledsoe? I know Cheatham has Dontario Dansby but do they have anyone else?

If anyone knows anything let the rest of us here know. Let's play ball. I cant wait. Once football starts it will fly by.

1. Harpeth

2. Creekwood

3. Waverly

4.sycamore

5. Mont. Central

6. Cheatham

7. Fairview

8. Stewart Co.

1. Harpeth

2. Creekwood

3. Waverly

4.sycamore

5. Mont. Central

6. Cheatham

7. Fairview

8. Stewart Co.

I think MC, SC, Cheatham, or Fairview could be last. I think all four teams could easily split during the season. I think the second game at camp was a three point game with MC. I dont think they played Cheatham a second time. If SC is going to get it done they better do it this year because they will have a rough rebuilding process after this year. I really don't think anyone is giving Creekwood enough credit. They will be one of the teams to beat the next three years. They are young, big, and athletic.

I think MC, SC, Cheatham, or Fairview could be last. I think all four teams could easily split during the season. I think the second game at camp was a three point game with MC. I dont think they played Cheatham a second time. If SC is going to get it done they better do it this year because they will have a rough rebuilding process after this year. I really don't think anyone is giving Creekwood enough credit. They will be one of the teams to beat the next three years. They are young, big, and athletic.

True i will agree wit you creekwood is going to be good. But i think SC isnt gettin enuff credit either. Yes the second game was a 3 point game but they were up double digits throughout most of the game then MC made a good comeback at the beginning of the fourth. The day b4 SC pretty much man handled them. But we will see i think SC is better than MC and Cheatham no doubt and i have no idea about fairview. But creekwood waverly sycamore and harpeth will all be tough

True i will agree wit you creekwood is going to be good. But i think SC isnt gettin enuff credit either. Yes the second game was a 3 point game but they were up double digits throughout most of the game then MC made a good comeback at the beginning of the fourth. The day b4 SC pretty much man handled them. But we will see i think SC is better than MC and Cheatham no doubt and i have no idea about fairview. But creekwood waverly sycamore and harpeth will all be tough

I'm not against SC. Thats just my opinion and I hope all the teams we are talking about can upset some of the others. It would make for an exciting year. I just don't know how the new coach will work out. SC changes coaches so often and thats hard to build a program with. They need some stability and if I am hearing everyone right, the hiring of this new coach is kind of shady.

1. Harpeth

2. Creekwood

3. Waverly

4.sycamore

5. Mont. Central

6. Cheatham

7. Fairview

8. Stewart Co.

Did anybody see the Tennessean last week where they had Sycamore being moved out of our district? If they get moved out that should really open up the race for the district. Also, don't you think Fairview should be tough this year? They had it going on last year til some of their best guys got hurt.

The districts wouldn't change this coming year. It would be the following year. Losing Sycamore would open up a region birth for somebody, but it's not going to be this year. When the enrollment figures come out for 08-09 then the districts would be finalized. It does look like 11AA is going to stay pretty much the same.

I've never been able to figure Fairview out, but their schedule was front loaded with the weaker teams last year as I recall.

Cheatham Co. will be a "new look" bunch this year. Dawson coaches football as well and there will be a bunch of those guys on the hardwood this winter. Both Zack & Levi Wilson, Tanner Owen, Garrett Potts, Tyler Adkisson, Joe Rhinehart, and maybe even a few more before all is said and done. Those guys will join Chad Martin, Drew Smart, Mike Calhoun and the rest of the "new look Cubs" as Cheatham Co. attempts to climb back up the District 11-AA ranks and compete with Harpeth & Sycamore the way that they were a few years ago.

Coach Stigall is a great coach and will enjoy a lot of success at Kenwood. He was placed in a very difficult situation last year with losing a couple of guys like Joey Beach and Don Dansby to graduation. It also did not help that Tyler Guye (the one time starting PG) transferred to Sycamore. Jeff Hoeh and Brian Briggs also graduated from the team from two years ago. With this in mind Cheatham Co. lost it's entire starting lineup heading into last season.

They beat Montgomery Central twice. They beat Fairview. They were very competitive in both games against Waverly & Stewart Co. They were also competitive in the first games against both Harpeth & Creek Wood. With the mentality of the Cheatham football players hitting the hardwood this winter I see improvement taking place in a hurry. There are teams that can be had in a district that is not exactly "loaded" beyond Harpeth & Sycamore. Creek Wood lost a ton to graduation.

I can't wait to see the Cheatham Co. Cubs hit the floor this winter. Coach Dawson & Coach Stuart will have the guys ready to succeed /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The districts wouldn't change this coming year. It would be the following year. Losing Sycamore would open up a region birth for somebody, but it's not going to be this year. When the enrollment figures come out for 08-09 then the districts would be finalized. It does look like 11AA is going to stay pretty much the same.

I've never been able to figure Fairview out, but their schedule was front loaded with the weaker teams last year as I recall.

I knew it would be next year cause coach said we are gonna be close to AAA. Just don't make sense to move them out with their 2 county rivals in the district.