Dobyns Bennett Football08

The DB fans on here have been speculating as to why Tom Taylor is ending his tenure as the Voice of the Indians. Well now I have first-hand information from Tom that it was not his decision to leave and that he was essentially forced out by his circumstances. He said he didn't even know at first where he would go. But after giving it some thought, SS was the most probable choice. I for one, think it's a shame that we should allow the best high school sports broadcaster in the state to get away without a fight. It sounds like nothing more than politics from what I can gather. I intend to contact the AD, the Principal, and the Superintendent to voice my opinion and I would encourage the rest of the Indian nation to do the same.

Thats not right. Where is the loyality these days.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the Indian defense shaping up?

The defense will have 4 returning starters, Will Bateman DE, Justin Slyvester CB, Jason Michaels LB now Dog LB, and Zack Fleming who was DE now LB. The other starters look to be James Templeton and Jordan Lawson at OLBs,Craig Carter at DE, Sammy Collins and Desmond Conley at DT, Wesley Anderson at CB, Chris Sensabaugh and David Roop have been looked at at dog not sure, and not sure for safety. Bateman, Fleming, and Slyvester were all 1st team Big East Defensive players last year. Defense may not have many starters back from last year, but looked good in there scrimmages. Also look for Rusty Clark to rotate in at LB along with Zach Carland. Brandn Brewster could end up at Safety. Hunter Neeley will also see playing time at the Mike Linebacker position.

The defense will have 4 returning starters, Will Bateman DE, Justin Slyvester CB, Jason Michaels LB now Dog LB, and Zack Fleming who was DE now LB. The other starters look to be James Templeton and Jordan Lawson at OLBs,Craig Carter at DE, Sammy Collins and Desmond Conley at DT, Wesley Anderson at CB, Chris Sensabaugh and David Roop have been looked at at dog not sure, and not sure for safety. Bateman, Fleming, and Slyvester were all 1st team Big East Defensive players last year. Defense may not have many starters back from last year, but looked good in there scrimmages. Also look for Rusty Clark to rotate in at LB along with Zach Carland. Brandn Brewster could end up at Safety. Hunter Neeley will also see playing time at the Mike Linebacker position.

Desmond looked to have an edge at nose{when in a 3-5} and Zack Carland is moving to DE,the last I heared. Don't forget Mark at safety or CB.

I was just wondering how Chris Sensabaugh's defensive skills compared with his offensive potential. I can visualize him being a hard hitter in the mold of a Robert Hogg. If anyone has seen him play defense in practice, I would like to hear your thoughts.

I was just wondering how Chris Sensabaugh's defensive skills compared with his offensive potential. I can visualize him being a hard hitter in the mold of a Robert Hogg. If anyone has seen him play defense in practice, I would like to hear your thoughts.

He will be the best dog back on our team.Slyvester will be in the mix {Devon},he may be the second best since Brown packed up a couple weeks ago.I'd say Chris may be better on that side of the ball than at running back.Yes I said it !,he is a head hunter on defense.Now, will the best players play both ways or not ?

He will be the best dog back on our team.Slyvester will be in the mix {Devon},he may be the second best since Brown packed up a couple weeks ago.I'd say Chris may be better on that side of the ball than at running back.Yes I said it !,he is a head hunter on defense.Now, will the best players play both ways or not ?

That's great news. That's where conditioning comes in--when you play both sides of the line. The only downside I see is that it doubles a player's chance for injury. But it's still worth the risk to have a game changer on the field all the time.

Chris has a good nose for the ball on defense but he is by far better on offense. sorry. and for playing both ways... I think he will but in limited little bits. something like always on Offense and go in on Defense for a few plays then back to the sideline to get rested up.

Chris has a good nose for the ball on defense but he is by far better on offense. sorry. and for playing both ways... I think he will but in limited little bits. something like always on Offense and go in on Defense for a few plays then back to the sideline to get rested up.

I seen him play linebacker against a couple of teams before he moved up last year.He was very dominating,and I don't think even Taylor could have covered the field any better from the linebacker spot against 9th graders. Either way,we agree he is just good, I'm just saying that he doesn't need blockers on defense,and a lot of our guys will be playing both ways.I know we better have some depth at a lot of places.

I don't think DB and Crockett have ever played against each other in Football. Dobyns-Bennett holds the series 8-2 against Daniel Boone. Boone won 2 of the first 3 meetings ('81 & '85) both at J. Fred Johnson Stadium. The Indians put together a sting of 7 straight ('86-92) the Ted Wilson Years. Since re-classification and that was the year that Graham Clark took over as Head Coach, they have not played.

64 days to kickoff

Roll Tribe Roll

One thing is allways a sure bet.Whoever is playing Dobyns-Bennett,will be as ready for that game as anyone they play all year long.Every team in the state has players that will knock your head off.Some of the toughest boys come from some of the smaller schools . When you give them a chance to bring down the states "Winningest football team", it's never a game we can just show up for.Roll Tribe

One thing is allways a sure bet.Whoever is playing Dobyns-Bennett,will be as ready for that game as anyone they play all year long.Every team in the state has players that will knock your head off.Some of the toughest boys come from some of the smaller schools . When you give them a chance to bring down the states "Winningest football team", it's never a game we can just show up for.Roll Tribe

You make a good point. For most of the teams on our schedule for '09, a win over DB would make their year regardless of what kind of record they finish with. I wonder if it will be up to the TSSAA to determine which games will be at home in '09? Does anyone know how that will work?

I seen him play linebacker against a couple of teams before he moved up last year.He was very dominating,and I don't think even Taylor could have covered the field any better from the linebacker spot against 9th graders. Either way,we agree he is just good, I'm just saying that he doesn't need blockers on defense,and a lot of our guys will be playing both ways.I know we better have some depth at a lot of places.

#32 is an awesome LB, but no way he is going to play that position and be the feature Tailback. Expect Sensabaugh to play SOME Defense (Safety). That will get the best athlete on the field (either side) on the field most of the time, but not allow the punishment of playing LB to stop him from ringing up the yards and TD's at Tailback.

With Justin Sylvester and Derick Steele at WR, DB may have the fastest wideouts in the state, any level. Ya'll just wait until you see Derick Steele play football (he is a Soph)....maybe the fastest instincts since Adonis Johnson.

Roll Tribe Roll