Dobyns Bennett Football08

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This senior class is our best chance over the next few years to break the string of bad playoff runs. The young guys have to step up,but replacing many more upperclassmen is not something the Tribe needs.

Is that your thnking because your boy may be the QB next year? The team this year will suprise alot of non believers.This years team has been playing together for a while and has the potential to go deep in the playoffs.IMO

UTfb001, could you comment on my previous question? I'm familiar with the family, but like I said, I didn't realize he would make an impact. Glad to hear it, just was not aware.

Waco-JOCKO insults the legitimate DB poster with his rudeness and crudeness---seldom offers any real knowledge, as far as I'm concerned. If he is not a DB'er, then my apologies. If he is a DB'er, then "truely, my apologies".

I will try to refrain from having discussion with him, until he offers reasonability.

Im sure everyone was siting on the edge of their seat waiting to see if you were going to make this anouncement. Now everyone can relax.

PS: Does anyone know where can I get some "reasonability" to hand out ?

Dont look for Rusty to start unless something happens to the other LBs but Clark is around 180. 6'0" 4.9. He doesnt have the best size or speed but he does have the coaches mind in him. has very good vision on the field.

Lots of kids have quit recently but I am very pleased to see the new players steppin up and filling in those positions. Db looks to have a bit of a young team this year, but from the looks of it they have learned very quickly and continue to get better

Roll Tribe

There hasn't been "Lots" of kids quit recently. DB almost always has close to 100 players out for football every year and every year there are a few that can't cut it. Some can't take the hard practice in the heat of July, some can't take a coach being in charge, some have Daddy's that pull their kid off the team because he's not getting to start, and some get into trouble and don't think they have to accept any disapline. The way I look at it if you have any of these types of players that stay on the "team" it will just drag the "team" down. A certin WR from a few years back comes to mind. So if you have any bad apples now is the perfect time to clean them out of the basket, so to speek. I wouldn't want a "quiter" on my team.

There hasn't been "Lots" of kids quit recently. DB almost always has close to 100 players out for football every year and every year there are a few that can't cut it. Some can't take the hard practice in the heat of July, some can't take a coach being in charge, some have Daddy's that pull their kid off the team because he's not getting to start, and some get into trouble and don't think they have to accept any disapline. The way I look at it if you have any of these types of players that stay on the "team" it will just drag the "team" down. A certin WR from a few years back comes to mind. So if you have any bad apples now is the perfect time to clean them out of the basket, so to speek. I wouldn't want a "quiter" on my team.

Good post. I think you hit the nail on the head. One of my neighbor's kids is a good athlete and wanted to play quarterback last year. When he wasn't getting enough playing time he suddenly announced he was transferring to Central. Well to make a long story short, he didn't transfer anywhere. He just quit the team. But I think that's the norm for this generation. There is no work ethic anymore. They have the McDonalds Drive-Thru mentality. Nothing is worth working for or waiting for. Everybody wants instant gratification and if they don't get it, they'll take their ball and go home. Fathers have to shoulder some of the responsibility for not teaching their sons what the real world is like. But fortunately for DB there are so many kids that go out for football, it doesn't impact us quite as hard as the smaller schools.

Can you elaborate on who's quit?? and postion??

Throp and Brown would have been a big factor on defense this year.There has never been a Throp that wasn't a good athlete at DB .Brown was a very smooth dog back and Throp would have been a playmaker on both sides of the ball.

Is that your thnking because your boy may be the QB next year? The team this year will suprise alot of non believers.This years team has been playing together for a while and has the potential to go deep in the playoffs.IMO

This is my thinking because this is the best class for the next few years,the point I was making, and we can't watch good playmakers leave from the team and it not start to cost the overall talent .

Good post, but the kids that quit had very legitamte chances of starting and playing alot for the tribe this year.some could have been "impact" players. but db will get over there losses and ready the next wave of players