Lewis County

well to my suprise, Lewis County has alot more speed than I first thought. They will have a plan that will suit their speed and will end up being a big shock to most people this year because they have lost so many great football players.

I think next year that there will be a better plan to suit the higher level of play, I think that there will a little drop off in talent that next year, but, there will be a similar QB with alot of speed and a good arm.

Don't be suprised if it is the same story different level next year.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well fellers,LEEEEEET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUMBLE!!!!I'm STOKED!!!!!!! for this coming season.I am a bit curious on how everyone thinks the "D" will be this year?What about the MLB's?theyve got some big shoes to fill. Hinson's still a junior,and mathis will be going both ways,how will they do?Have there been any position changes?Someone fix me up with a reply,it would be much appreciated! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> LETS ROCK N ROLL FOLKS!!!

Stat_pack is curious also, anyone have any info. on the linebackers...inside and out, also who do they have at the corners? What do they have for running backs, backups etc. course Sharp doesn't rotate running backs that much. This could be an interesting year for LCHS. If what I read on here...next years schedule sure looks alot tougher than this years. This might be the best shot at going deep in the playoffs. How did the look in spring games? Stat_pack crew still thinks Hickman might be the team to beat this year.

The pack remembers Graham, I believe he started as 6 grader in Middle school, was qutie a hitter. I think he'll do just great in HS, he has the grit for Linebacker position. This year is a hard one to call as far as how the panthers will do. I think Hickman has a slight edge on them, I would have to give the nod to them as far as winning their divison. LCHS isn't quite as strong as they have the past 3 years. Speed wise they are down some, but I believe the physical aspect will be there , they have quite a few with the right attitude. I'm not sure what they have for linebacking across the board, from inside to outside backers. Only real speed they have is #36. They don't have the size in the backfield like they have had in the past, Hatton, Greve, Dobson.Coco. They also had the speed. It would be interesting to see. Next years schedule looks brutal if thats true what I see, Page Marshall, Springhill etc. Sure won't be like it has been the past years. The jr. class this year is small so I would say next year alot of younger players will have to fill in. Only time will tell!

On the speed topic lewis co is faster than you think. #36 Andrew Lawson isn't the only fast kid on the team. #5 Kane Crowell and #4 Jake Tenison is very quick and fast on the game field. They both run in the 4.6 sixes. In spring the line looked very big and explosive off the line even though they had #51 Mason Sharp out with an injury. I say they go 10-0 and deep in the playoffs.

On the speed topic lewis co is faster than you think. #36 Andrew Lawson isn't the only fast kid on the team. #5 Kane Crowell and #4 Jake Tenison is very quick and fast on the game field. They both run in the 4.6 sixes. In spring the line looked very big and explosive off the line even though they had #51 Mason Sharp out with an injury. I say they go 10-0 and deep in the playoffs.

Never said they were slow.....but not as fast as last years bunch..and they lack size compared to last few years. The Lawson boy is the fastest with a host of others right behide him, 4, 22 and can't remember the other name. That wasn't meant to be a put down...just a comparision to the last few years..Speed and size!

Fuel costs spur TSSAA realignment

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

[because of] rising fuels costs, the TSSAA adopted a new realignment plan at its Board of Control meeting last Wednesday.

http://www.marshalltribune.com/story/1437704.html

The Z-Plan, which won by a slim 5-4 margin, will take effect affect in the 2009-2010 season.

Football was the only sport definitively discussed and approved at the meeting, but softball, baseball, basketball and volleyball are expected to be approved under the same plan in August to ensure common district opponents in the five sports.

Class AA

District 11: 3A -- Cheatham County, Fairview, Harpeth, Stewart County, Waverly; 4A -- Creek Wood, Montgomery Central

District 12: 3A -- East Hickman, Hickman County, Lewis County, Loretto; 4A -- Giles County, Marshall County, Page, Spring Hill

Teams would qualify for the playoffs in the following manner:

One half of the teams in each group (6A, 5A) in each district are automatic qualifiers (Example: four teams, two automatic qualifiers; six teams, three automatic qualifiers; three teams, one automatic qualifier; one team, no automatic qualifiers)

Teams finishing 1st or 2nd in the district are automatic qualifiers. Wild cards are based on TSSAA tiebreakers.

The 32 teams are then placed geographically in four quadrants with eight teams in each quadrant in 6A, 5A, 4A and 3A. In 2A and 1A there are six in each quadrant with the top two seeds drawing a bye in the first round.

The eight teams (6 in 2A and 1A) are placed in the bracket so that no teams from the same district play each other in the first round except when there are five or more teams from the same district.

Placements are then done with priorities given to automatic qualifiers based on their district finish followed by Wild Cards. There may be times where teams have to be placed other than their order of district finish to avoid teams from the same district meeting in the first round.

The team with the higher seed will host throughout the first three rounds. In the semifinals, the top team in the bracket will host in odd years and the team in the bottom bracket will host in even years. (Exceptions: If the two teams are from the same district, the higher-finishing team in district standings shall host.) (TSSAA June Board of Control minutes)

Fuel costs spur TSSAA realignment

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

[because of] rising fuels costs, the TSSAA adopted a new realignment plan at its Board of Control meeting last Wednesday.

http://www.marshalltribune.com/story/1437704.html

The Z-Plan, which won by a slim 5-4 margin, will take effect affect in the 2009-2010 season.

Football was the only sport definitively discussed and approved at the meeting, but softball, baseball, basketball and volleyball are expected to be approved under the same plan in August to ensure common district opponents in the five sports.

Class AA

District 11: 3A -- Cheatham County, Fairview, Harpeth, Stewart County, Waverly; 4A -- Creek Wood, Montgomery Central

District 12: 3A -- East Hickman, Hickman County, Lewis County, Loretto; 4A -- Giles County, Marshall County, Page, Spring Hill

Teams would qualify for the playoffs in the following manner:

One half of the teams in each group (6A, 5A) in each district are automatic qualifiers (Example: four teams, two automatic qualifiers; six teams, three automatic qualifiers; three teams, one automatic qualifier; one team, no automatic qualifiers)

Teams finishing 1st or 2nd in the district are automatic qualifiers. Wild cards are based on TSSAA tiebreakers.

The 32 teams are then placed geographically in four quadrants with eight teams in each quadrant in 6A, 5A, 4A and 3A. In 2A and 1A there are six in each quadrant with the top two seeds drawing a bye in the first round.

The eight teams (6 in 2A and 1A) are placed in the bracket so that no teams from the same district play each other in the first round except when there are five or more teams from the same district.

Placements are then done with priorities given to automatic qualifiers based on their district finish followed by Wild Cards. There may be times where teams have to be placed other than their order of district finish to avoid teams from the same district meeting in the first round.

The team with the higher seed will host throughout the first three rounds. In the semifinals, the top team in the bracket will host in odd years and the team in the bottom bracket will host in even years. (Exceptions: If the two teams are from the same district, the higher-finishing team in district standings shall host.) (TSSAA June Board of Control minutes)

Really appreciate the information.....but now us at the pack are more confused..which is real easy with us. In 12 3A and 4A they do play each other? Any help understanding this would be appreciate by the entire pack. We have some disagreements on this. Once again......in advance Thanks!