Red Banks Alan Walden commits to vols

trojanman6

From the way I understand it's supposed to be more than just renting an apartment, it's utilities turned off at the previous residence and an actual "move." That being said, I can't see Red Bank not checking everything out to make sure it was all done properly, given that the move was to a district opponent and involved a high-profile talent.

Everything had to be legal for Red Bank and the TSSAA to grant the kid eligibility. I have heard that his family was under a microscope! But that is water under the bridge and its not what the topic is about ! Good luck ALAN and Iwish you the best at Tenn. .

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is nothing new for Red Bank. It's been going on for years. A well-known position player from a couple of years ago, never "slept" within the RBHS zone. His family was zoned for a neighboring school, and sent various children through Red Bank, mostly athletes. They rented some cheap apartment to make it "legal" but never, ever lived there. The coach and principal just looked the other way, and everyone knew about it. And that's just one example. Red Bank certainly isn't alone in doing this, but they're among the most experienced, and they always get away with it.

Having said that, good luck to Walden. Hope he does well with UT.

First of all his family did move into an apartment so he would be eligable at redbank and he did everything by the book. Why dont you get off of his back you have been bad mouthing him on more than this sight !!! How would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot ? Thats what i dont understand i have been around him all summer and he has never said one thing bad about Ooltewah!!! He is a great guy and from what i have heard from other people is ther was about 11 kids that left so get off of his back G.M. !!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry man. But just like I said, he was a good kid for the most part. Just hate quitters. GL to alan. And I am glad the shoe wasnt on the other foot. I love doing what I'm doing thanks. I actually did have an offer to play ball but I would have never been as good as alan is going to be. He is a tremendous athlete. Just hated to see him walk out of Oolt. Sorry for my bitterness.