Gordonsville Tigers

Who does Gordonsville scrimmage this fall??????

4 weeks from this moment the lights will be on in Ashland City and Gordonsville will be playing against Cheatham Co. for the second straight season in the opener /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Gordonsville scrimmaged Macon County last night. I heard that they scrimmage Upperman, Livingston, and Macon Co. again at their place next week. I don't know that for a fact.

I am looking forward to the season kicking off. We had a great game against Cheatham Co. last year and look forward to another this year. We will be a different team than the one y'all saw last year. We are VERY young.

I have never been to Cheatham Co. High School. Is your football field there at the school or on another site? Is your school easy or hard to find? I am coming win, lose, or draw. Look forward to meeting some of y'all. See ya week zero.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the new players fitting in on the South side of the river? LW and CS should help the Tigers. Two very good atheletes. Best of Luck to the both of them.

Not even sure about eligibility yet. None of them have dressed out or practced with the team. Henry Whigham returned to the team at the scrimmage on Thursday and did some hitting but hasn't gotten into the offense yet.

Glad to hear Whigham is deciding to play football. He is a good player who can catch it and make plays.

Hey rkw our football field is at the school. It is unusual in the sense that we only have the bleachers behind the home sideline. There are no visitors bleachers behind the visitors bench. It is the thing that makes our little 'ole stadium special. The Gordonsville fans do get the far end of the bleachers to themselves on the scoreboard side. It is a great view to watch a game. At the game there will be a Go-Jump slide for the children who want to come and enjoy themselves during the game. Concessions will be open and the food is very good. Mrs. J does a great job of running things down there for sure. If you are a fan of pregame meals then Ashland City has a ton of places to offer. Riverview Marina is a great seafood restaurant and Friday's Buffet is awesome. Stratton's is the special 1950's diner that many of our visitors love. We have Pizza Hut, Domino's, Subway, Whitt's BBQ, McDonald's, Sonic Drive-In, Hardee's, etc. Heck we even have two Mexican Restaurants (Don Pancho & El Rey). Be sure to bring your radios to the game as well because the broadcast that night will be LIVE on the air on WQSV AM790. Pre-Game show will start around 7PM and kickoff will follow at 7:30PM.

Look forward to seeing you Gordonsville fans in a few weeks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

our football team is very young. Chase Malone will be the starting QB. also the new Hb is Cody Woodmore a 6'1" 200lb. sophomore. i don't kno anthing else except that this yrs tm is very young and will be alot bigger nxt yr as we add our 30-40 8th graders from jr.hgih in the 2009- season.

Howdy folks, I finally got this ragged computer up and running. Its going to be a tad different this year for me, with no kid on the field. I still know a few players thats still playing. I have been watching a few practices and the scrimmage. My opinion is limited at this time. I think the new coach is on the right track. I am sure there will be some surprises as far as plays, and schemes for other teams use to the same ole GV. GV will suffer again from small numbers. But they still bleed blue and will come out fighting until the last play. I dont think that will change. I am as anxious as everyone else to see them open this year.

our football team is very young. Chase Malone will be the starting QB. also the new Hb is Cody Woodmore a 6'1" 200lb. sophomore. i don't kno anthing else except that this yrs tm is very young and will be alot bigger nxt yr as we add our 30-40 8th graders from jr.hgih in the 2009- season.

There will be more standing on the sidelines next year, but I think next years freshman class will be closer to half of your 30-40. More like 15-20.

Glad to hear Whigham is deciding to play football. He is a good player who can catch it and make plays.

Hey rkw our football field is at the school. It is unusual in the sense that we only have the bleachers behind the home sideline. There are no visitors bleachers behind the visitors bench. It is the thing that makes our little 'ole stadium special. The Gordonsville fans do get the far end of the bleachers to themselves on the scoreboard side. It is a great view to watch a game. At the game there will be a Go-Jump slide for the children who want to come and enjoy themselves during the game. Concessions will be open and the food is very good. Mrs. J does a great job of running things down there for sure. If you are a fan of pregame meals then Ashland City has a ton of places to offer. Riverview Marina is a great seafood restaurant and Friday's Buffet is awesome. Stratton's is the special 1950's diner that many of our visitors love. We have Pizza Hut, Domino's, Subway, Whitt's BBQ, McDonald's, Sonic Drive-In, Hardee's, etc. Heck we even have two Mexican Restaurants (Don Pancho & El Rey). Be sure to bring your radios to the game as well because the broadcast that night will be LIVE on the air on WQSV AM790. Pre-Game show will start around 7PM and kickoff will follow at 7:30PM.

Look forward to seeing you Gordonsville fans in a few weeks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sounds good DaCatfish. I look forward to getting out there and meeting y'all.

Willoughby, Want that 13 in week 1? LOL Hope Gville gets is it going pretty quickly and suprise some folks. Just not week 1.

Hate to say it but I don't think Carthage has much to worry about this year. Hope I'm wrong

A couple years down the road might be a different story.

4 years ago we started hearing the "couple years down the road" story. We all know how that turned out. I'll have to see it before I believe it. I know both programs have pretty dang good young talent coming up.

On another note, this season could very well be one of those closer than the experts think years. Seems that when the game is supposed to be close, it's not and when it's not supposed to be too competitive, it's a good un. I cant wait for the season to begin.

GO BIG OWLS and Tigers in almost all of them. ; p

Willoughby, Want that 13 in week 1? LOL Hope Gville gets is it going pretty quickly and suprise some folks. Just not week 1.

I'm going to have to think about it a little longer this year. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> I think they'll get it going pretty quickly. The biggest thing they need right now is experience and they should get plenty of that the first two games against Cheatham and Smith Counties. I'm liking a lot of things that Moose is doing and I know the boys are responding well to his way of doing things. If they don't do anything else, he's going to have them playing hard for four quarters.

On a side note: The Bennett kid is no longer on the team. I don't think anyone had posted that info. That puts us at four seniors and about six juniors.