Bill#49

Not trying to get everyone all riled up again but my good name was question by RedChief in a earlier thread and I wanted to send the facts on to all the coacht readers in the land of the internet. He stated that I was absolutely 99% false in my assertion that the Director of Schools had the power to hire, fire, transfer and assign any teacher, principal or other system personnel when he deemed necessary in a previous post. Below you will find that I was 100% correct.

Tennessee Code Annotated - in other words Tennessee State Law

DUTIES OF THE DIRECTOR OF SCHOOLS

Click on Title 49 Education

Click on Chapter 2 Local Administration

Click on Part 3 - County Administration

Click on 49-2-301. Director of schools.

(L) Assign teachers and educational assistants to the several schools;

(GG) (i) The director may dismiss any employee under the director's jurisdiction for incompetence, inefficiency, insubordination, improper conduct or neglect of duty, after giving the employee, in writing, due notice of the charge or charges and providing a hearing; provided, that no nontenured, licensed employee under the director's jurisdiction shall be dismissed without first having been given, in writing:

(a) Notice of the charge or charges;

(/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> An opportunity for a full and complete hearing before an impartial hearing officer selected by the board;

?© An opportunity to be represented by counsel;

(d) An opportunity to call and subpoena witnesses;

(e) An opportunity to examine all witnesses; and

(f) The right to require that all testimony be given under oath.

DUTIES OF THE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL

Click on 49-2-303. School principals

(/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> It is the duty of the principal to:

(3) Submit recommendations to the director of schools regarding the appointment and dismissal of all personnel assigned to the school or schools under the principal's care, and make decisions regarding the specific duties of all personnel assigned to the school or schools under the principal's care; provided, that such duties of teachers shall be within their area of licensure and consistent with the policies, rules or contracts of the board of education;

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to get everyone all riled up again but my good name was question by RedChief in a earlier thread and I wanted to send the facts on to all the coacht readers in the land of the internet. He stated that I was absolutely 99% false in my assertion that the Director of Schools had the power to hire, fire, transfer and assign any teacher, principal or other system personnel when he deemed necessary in a previous post. Below you will find that I was 100% correct.

(GG) (i) The director may dismiss any employee under the director's jurisdiction for incompetence, inefficiency, insubordination, improper conduct or neglect of duty, after giving the employee, in writing, due notice of the charge or charges and providing a hearing; provided, that no nontenured, licensed employee under the director's jurisdiction shall be dismissed without first having been given, in writing:

(/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> An opportunity for a full and complete hearing before an impartial hearing officer selected by the board;

(/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> It is the duty of the principal to:

(3) Submit recommendations to the director of schools regarding the appointment and dismissal of all personnel assigned to the school or schools under the principal's care, and make decisions regarding the specific duties of all personnel assigned to the school or schools under the principal's care; provided, that such duties of teachers shall be within their area of licensure and consistent with the policies, rules or contracts of the board of education;

Your welcome /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not trying to get everyone all riled up again but my good name was question by a good doctor in a earlier thread and I wanted to send the facts on to all the coacht readers in the land of the internet. He stated that I was absolutely 100% false in my assertion that the Director of Schools had the power to hire, fire, transfer and assign any teacher, principal or other system personnel when he deemed necessary in a previous post. Below you will find that I was 100% correct.

If you are pointing that at me , I think you are badly mistaken, I don't remember EVER making that statement. It would be wise in the future not to worry "so much about your good name" while you slander someone else. I will expect as fervent an apology to all the coacht internet land as was your attempt to degrade my good name.. Your a real class act.

Not trying to get everyone all riled up again but my good name was question by a good doctor in a earlier thread and I wanted to send the facts on to all the coacht readers in the land of the internet. He stated that I was absolutely 100% false in my assertion that the Director of Schools had the power to hire, fire, transfer and assign any teacher, principal or other system personnel when he deemed necessary in a previous post. Below you will find that I was 100% correct.

After reading this earlier 2 day.I went back and done some back checking on what u were saying about doc.And i found the post u were referring 2.Its on the SEQ.thread part 3 that was closed,but you can still go read it.It was REDCHEIFS post not docs.And by reading it ,it does not say that the dir.of schools can't hire it says that 99 percent of the time that the ad and pric.make the choice and summit it to the dir.for approval.By the way its on page 61.And so far since the DIR.as been there thats how its been done until this one.And everyone here knows why.Thats 2 long of a story 2 get into on here.

See i think you are listening to people that tell what they want heard.Just like the parent vol.issue.Let me ask you this,have you asked coach Summey if we made the decisions on who played and who didn't.I don't think he would lie about that.He knows it wasn't are choice.And if you ask him i think he would tell you that.See people like SLOBER and FORREAL have personals issues .They have a bad taste in their mouths even after their kids have done moved on.And i'm not getting on here and telling their names ,i'm a bigger man than that.But because things didn't go just right for their kids,they had to blame someone and we were the easiest target.By telling people we had are thumbs on their kids.Its not hard to figure them out when you talk to enough people.So be careful of what you say about people when you don't know the whole truth.

Thank You Bill#49!

GO CHIEFS!

All I meant by this was thanks for answering the question about hiring policies. I was unsure of the rules on this issue and it was good to see exactly what the book says about it.

GO CHIEFS!

If you are pointing that at me , I think you are badly mistaken, I don't remember EVER making that statement. It would be wise in the future not to worry "so much about your good name" while you slander someone else. I will expect as fervent an apology to all the coacht internet land as was your attempt to degrade my good name.. Your a real class act.

I wonder how many good doctors are on coacht? Was I slandering a person by name? When you slander someone, I believe it has to be a name attached. Never mind, I was incorrect in saying "good doctor", whoever that may be. The thread that I was mentioning is listed below and it was RedChief that stated that I was wrong instead of a "good doctor". /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...amp;p=826791608 Post #730

In my original post I changed the wording from"good doctor" to "RedChief" /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Everybody get a life and stop taking everything so personal, including myself!!

We get on CoachT and mouth off and tell half-truths all the time. Why get your

"panties in a wad" over it? Most of the stuff on here you have to take with a grain

of salt anyway. Foreal, DrDave .... sorry for the miswording if I have mad your

blood pressure got up. RedChief I know I am right and I wanted to point that out.

The Director of Schools has an enormous amount of power. If he chooses to use

it, that is his right. He has had no need to use it before this fiasco at Sequoyah.

You folks can say what you want about the firing but I believe everyone that was

involved would say that the stink that was sturred up went beyond your imagination!!

Doesn't matter for the time being but in the future a coach will think twice before

putting in for that job based on what has happened these last few weeks!

All I meant by this was thanks for answering the question about hiring policies. I was unsure of the rules on this issue and it was good to see exactly what the book says about it.

GO CHIEFS!

I went and read the post RedNation mentioned. I am sure anyone with knowledge of the school system ( and you do) Knows that the superintendent has the final say in hiring and firing. The fact is I would say 100% of the time the Super does not do this without input and recomendations. Except in Monroe County where Lowry and Dean Willimas can make that call no matter what the cost.

Announcements