Powerful Line Will Lead Maplewood In '08

Maplewood has that taste of the state championship game against Maryville, gets beat, and wants revenge.

Gee, I have heard and seen that somewhere before. Ask Maryville about playing Hillsboro multiple times in the State Championship game. 2001 was a nailbiter. Then in 02, Hillsboro was 10 times better on paper than Maryville and lead 21-3 at halftime. Then, George Quarles opened up his entire playbook and made Ron Aydelott look like a novice and Maryville proves yet again that they don't have to have more talent when they have kids who are coachable and a coach who can coach as good as anybody I've seen.

Maplewood, congrats on being 4A state runner-up last year and giving a better show against Maryville than I expected. Moving on to this year, Hillsboro will be a big obstacle for Maplewood yet again. Also, as an aside, I wouldn't expect Hillsboro to have 8 turnovers again. I think they learned their lesson pretty well last year.

It will be bitter sweet that Hillsboro won't being playing Maplewood every year after this coming season (at least for the next five years). I have enjoyed the rivalry. Good luck this season, but not too much. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't..............Maryville THUMPED them and will again next year if Maplewood were lucky enough to enjoy the friendly confines of Maryville West stadium. . Enjoy a potential district title and be thrilled if you are lucky enough to line up again versus the machine.

You would fit right in as a William Blount fan considering your "excuse" making ability. Did you know IF a bull frog had wings he would bust his arse everytime he jumped?

you hate to admit the truth ..you guys just barely contained Cantrell there is no excuse, Maplewood lost but they played a heck of a game ..it just would have been a different ball game with simpson at 100% so you should be lucky that he was not at full strength ... remember every thing that goes up comes down ...some harder than others ...lol you guys are almost funny ..which is sad .. your run is over! you just dont know it yet .. it may not have to be maplewood that beats you .. enough about you ..Marysville ..you boys are soft .. and when that time comes ..you going to find out just how soft you are ..best start working on your tricks now.

Maryville is in another class till someone beats them. It wont be Maplewood.

you said the same thing about Hillsboro bro,

the kick is up ..its going, going gone ahhh wide right!!!!!

they fell and fell hard!! ...

same will happen this season ..maplewood beats you at home and agian in the playoffs

only class they(marysville) have is a recruited one.. and they shall fall to!!

Maplewood has that taste of the state championship game against Maryville, gets beat, and wants revenge.

Gee, I have heard and seen that somewhere before. Ask Maryville about playing Hillsboro multiple times in the State Championship game. 2001 was a nailbiter. Then in 02, Hillsboro was 10 times better on paper than Maryville and lead 21-3 at halftime. Then, George Quarles opened up his entire playbook and made Ron Aydelott look like a novice and Maryville proves yet again that they don't have to have more talent when they have kids who are coachable and a coach who can coach as good as anybody I've seen.

Maplewood, congrats on being 4A state runner-up last year and giving a better show against Maryville than I expected. Moving on to this year, Hillsboro will be a big obstacle for Maplewood yet again. Also, as an aside, I wouldn't expect Hillsboro to have 8 turnovers again. I think they learned their lesson pretty well last year.

It will be bitter sweet that Hillsboro won't being playing Maplewood every year after this coming season (at least for the next five years). I have enjoyed the rivalry. Good luck this season, but not too much. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

turnovers . smurnovers from what these guys where telling me ..this is a no excuse thread ..its all the same ..they lost or got beat however you want to say it .. well look for repeat this time with a more convincing and organized beatdown ...

you hate to admit the truth ..you guys just barely contained Cantrell there is no excuse, Maplewood lost but they played a heck of a game ..it just would have been a different ball game with simpson at 100% so you should be lucky that he was not at full strength ... remember every thing that goes up comes down ...some harder than others ...lol you guys are almost funny ..which is sad .. your run is over! you just dont know it yet .. it may not have to be maplewood that beats you .. enough about you ..Marysville ..you boys are soft .. and when that time comes ..you going to find out just how soft you are ..best start working on your tricks now.

boski I for one was impressed with maplewoods athletes last year but lets not forget that the Rebels were banged up also. Douglas TE needed shoulder surgery after the season Shiver WR/DB had a high ankle sprain. I dont know what was wrong with Simpson but he was not the only one on the field not at 100%. However with all the D1 kids you have this year according to the article it should be a rematch come December. that is if MHS is fortunate enough to even get there again.

boski I for one was impressed with maplewoods athletes last year but lets not forget that the Rebels were banged up also. Douglas TE needed shoulder surgery after the season Shiver WR/DB had a high ankle sprain. I dont know what was wrong with Simpson but he was not the only one on the field not at 100%. However with all the D1 kids you have this year according to the article it should be a rematch come December. that is if MHS is fortunate enough to even get there again.

yeah the 7 foot tightend you had did look a bit on the hurt side.. i mean he only had to do like a 2 inch vertical on 3rd and long to snag that ball for a first down ..dont get me wrong you guys looked good out there ..i myself did noticed a few things that could have been taken advantage of by maplewood.. im not coach by any means .. but i do understand the game ..let me just say you were spared the simpson show. he played .. but he didnt get to play like he wanted to .. playaction, qb keeper were limited and all you guys had to do was focus on cantrell .. instead of both of them ... you got lucky that day ..so be thankful!! very thankful!!

rematch if MHS is fortunate enough to even get there again.

on more thing when you say "MHS" you are referring to Marysville High School right?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You must be a kid.

Maryville will lose some day but it will not be against Maplewood.

yeah the 7 foot tightend you had did look a bit on the hurt side.. i mean he only had to do like a 2 inch vertical on 3rd and long to snag that ball for a first down ..dont get me wrong you guys looked good out there ..i myself did noticed a few things that could have been taken advantage of by maplewood.. im not coach by any means .. but i do understand the game ..let me just say you were spared the simpson show. he played .. but he didnt get to play like he wanted to .. playaction, qb keeper were limited and all you guys had to do was focus on cantrell .. instead of both of them ... you got lucky that day ..so be thankful!! very thankful!!

on more thing when you say "MHS" you are referring to Marysville High School right?

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Why don't you find a team and take on GQ and Maryville. You could join the ranks of the umptenth other coaches that had Maryville and GQ figured out only to be THUMPED again and again.

Better yet find another thread because you are embarrassing yourself with the sophomoric delusional posts. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

oh absolutely I think its a given that maplewood will be there again

turnovers . smurnovers from what these guys where telling me ..this is a no excuse thread ..its all the same ..they lost or got beat however you want to say it .. well look for repeat this time with a more convincing and organized beatdown ...

Good grief! I was trying to give Maplewood their just due and I get told I am making excuses.

The HHS boys came in to the quarterfinals last year against Maplewood with a horrible attitude. They had already beaten Maplewood at Maplewood earlier in the season. Therefore, they came in thinking that basically all they had to do was just show up in order to win merely "because they were Hillsboro". Maplewood came in hungry and took advantage. It was as simple as that.

I am not making excuses. I am just explaining that Maplewood shouldn't come in to this season against Hillsboro with the same attitude Hillsboro had last year in the quarterfinals against Maplewood. I promise that the Burros learned from that mistake last year and won't be expecting Maplewood to lie down for them simply "because they are Hillsboro".