South Rebels--Starter Predictions-Anyone?

If you are going off of JV, you are making a mistake. DB plays younger players then all the other teams in the area, everyone knows that. Go off of that and be shocked when DB beats South in 2009. Say ha ha all you want, but the counter is open for bets if you would like to bet me on it.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CS is only 16. It will be interesting to see how much things have changed over the last 3 years or so. When CS was a 7th grader his Sevier team lost at Colonial Heights by about 40 and he was knocked out of the game in the first half. I'll be interested to see next year how things have progressed for both bunches of kids. Most of our core is still at it and about all Sevier had at that time was CS. I guess you do have to factor in RNR vs. Sullivan but both were pretty weak that year also. CS is a good kid though and I wish him nothing but the best!

If you are going off of JV, you are making a mistake. DB plays younger players then all the other teams in the area, everyone knows that. Go off of that and be shocked when DB beats South in 2009. Say ha ha all you want, but the counter is open for bets if you would like to bet me on it.

You are very confident Bud, and rightfully so. I mean you have beaten us 113 times in a row right? Since you beat us 44-0 last time, could you give me 40 and the Rebs? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Bud ,no I'm not going off of JV,just the overall talent....and yes I will be very shocked if DB beats South next year.And yes I would love to put some friendly wager on that game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well..Well I did'nt want to get nasty and you know I was trying to be civil but here goes...you know that same sorry jv team we kicked the dog shut out of last year is what we will be facing next year you see we could have scored 60 pts easy and some good advice remember Clint Phillips and Ty Garvin because that will be DB's worst nightmare next year besides Taylor and Cassell running over your poor pathetic defense!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

What a short memory you have. Here's some good advice for you. Remember Clark and Watson because that will be South's worst nightmare next year just like the past 13 times they have made you look like fools. You people are running your mouth just like you were before the 2006 game when you got STEEMROLLED.

DB - 44

SOUTH - ZERO

Wow impressive JV score. Too bad it matters not. It really matters even less given the fact that South was too "Chicken" to play the JV and fresh games after the 2006 blood bath. No South fan will ever convince me that in the 2007 JV game there was not some anger taken out on DB JV. THis would include South playing older players (teams other then DB do anyway when they play DB) and not letting up like it is some kind of super bowl. So wow, JV win, awesome. Sure makes up for the lack of sportsmanship South showed by walking out on the JV freshman games in 2006. Not to mention giving up on the series for 2007 because it was from South's end, not ours I know the admin that was involved. So, get warmed up for 2009 cause I can't wait to shut you all up once again and then hear all the never ending excuses and how we woulda, coulda, shoulda beat DB. I love that the TSSAA is forcing you all to play DB again. No gettin outta this one guys.

Bud ,no I'm not going off of JV,just the overall talent....and yes I will be very shocked if DB beats South next year.And yes I would love to put some friendly wager on that game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Overall talent is crap because you did not see near the amount of DB's overall talent. Take your JV super bowl. I am surprised you all did not play Curt in that game. All this "Colonial Heights Middle, JV, Freshman" stuff NEVER has worked out for you at the Varsity level. Keep dreaming. Can't wait. Tell your players to base their perception on those games to. Your talent meter is broken.

HA!HA!HA! you make me laugh is Chris going to beat South all by himself.....I don't think so.And if you want to talk about some freight train's Ty Garvin and Clint Phillips will be more than glad to meet Chris at the line of scrimmage!!!!So who else will DB have next year?lets see Chris, Chris,Chris,Chris,so I guess if CHRIS was to go down (GOD forbid)so will DB's season. And you know you DB people need to back off of Chris and let him enjoy himself because you create a whole lot of trouble between Chris and his teamates because you make out like he is the whole team.

I saw the Farragut-DB playoff game last year. Farragut had beast linebackers, and Chris ran over them. So uh, I think after another year or 2 in the weight room I don't think he is gonna have a prooblem beating some South people. Not to mention, there was a picture in tricitiessports last year of Curt being held up and the linemen like, bowing down to him. There was no problem there. Its not like this is a cheesy sports movie and linemen aren't going to block for their running back because he gets so much publicity.

Overall talent is crap because you did not see near the amount of DB's overall talent. Take your JV super bowl. I am surprised you all did not play Curt in that game. All this "Colonial Heights Middle, JV, Freshman" stuff NEVER has worked out for you at the Varsity level. Keep dreaming. Can't wait. Tell your players to base their perception on those games to. Your talent meter is broken.

HA!Ha!HA! If ya can't take the heat don't get near the fire...thats SOUTH FOOTBALL getting ready to explode baby,heck we might just kick the crap out of DB next year for the fun of it....ha!ha!ha! I love it. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Compusatman (friend),

Maybe we are both not hearing each other. I understand your last post. What I was trying to get at is that regardless of age, I think Chris could have done what he did last year in 8th grade (though he would really be freshman age). You will see him play soon I know. Even though he could really have been in the 10th grade last year, to come out and dominate and be the best on the field (both teams) and make Seniors look silly is amazing especially in 5A where most school have tons of depth. Not many 10th graders ever start and even more rearely dominate. I know his age makes an impact, I get that. All I needed to hear. But he is still so good that he is just on another level anyway. That is all I am trying to get across. And yes, I agree.

I reply to you because you are the only DB poster on our thread that has any knowledge. Many of your cronies are reading but are staying clear because you are saying what needs be said.

A player such as CS and CP does many wonderful things to a team. First and foremost they bring everyone else up to their speed and dedication. CP gave SS an injection of professionalism that just would not have come from anywhere else. As well, DB is in a slump that required saving grace. CS is that saving grace. It's that simple. The South Frosh and JV dominated everyone including DB...means nothing. An influence like CS will take a mediocre' DB squad and take them down the interstate in '08...much less in '09. Smart people understand this. Some allude to South's loss to Maryville resulting from depth...incredible. GQ schooled Stacy and we all know it. Just as GC schooled him in '06. School is to learn and I'm here to say that Stacy will get his degree in '08. That may not result in a win at J Fred in '09 but I can guarantee you it will be a game to remember. And again Bud I'm not preaching at you, but to the naysayers when I say that you definately will know who Ty Garvin and Clint Phillips are before '08 is done. SS will lose a major portion of their starters in '08 and will be rebounding with some heavy duty talent but nevertheless will be reloading. There will be some major skill position questions. Meanwhile, DB will at that point be coasting. That is when we will see Stacy's worth. Many say SC is overrated. Many say with the talent from '06 forward we should have a couple of gold balls. It just goes to show that this game requires many facets and the most important being quality coaching. Stacy is at the level he is at for the long term and it took some time to get there. Maybe he made some mistakes with CP maybe not but you will see the lessons learned from '07 in '08.

No one in the South camp doubts CS's impact and future abilities and successes and as well most are not up in the air the way I am about his age. It will be a game to be seen in '09 for SS will have an answer to that roll-on offense.

My beef is that never what we do is enough to garner DB'ers respect. Whatever we achieve in '08 will be incidental at best in Indian eyes.

Therefore the grounds are laid for the rivalry to continue and for CS to lead his team to whatever fate awaits them in '09...just wish I could be a part of it.

HA!HA!HA! you make me laugh is Chris going to beat South all by himself.....I don't think so.And if you want to talk about some freight train's Ty Garvin and Clint Phillips will be more than glad to meet Chris at the line of scrimmage!!!!So who else will DB have next year?lets see Chris, Chris,Chris,Chris,so I guess if CHRIS was to go down (GOD forbid)so will DB's season. And you know you DB people need to back off of Chris and let him enjoy himself because you create a whole lot of trouble between Chris and his teamates because you make out like he is the whole team.

I saw the Farragut-DB playoff game last year. Farragut had beast linebackers, and Chris ran over them. So uh, I think after another year or 2 in the weight room I don't think he is gonna have a prooblem beating some South people. Not to mention, there was a picture in tricitiessports last year of Curt being held up and the linemen like, bowing down to him. There was no problem there. Its not like this is a cheesy sports movie and linemen aren't going to block for their running back because he gets so much publicity.

[/quo EXCUSE...me,what was his stats for that game,thats what I thought....they lost!!And if you notice I said THEY...DB the TEAM!!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

EXCUSE...me,what was his stats for that game,thats what I thought....they lost!!And if you notice I said THEY...DB the TEAM!!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Excuse me, what were your d1's players stats for the game the last time South played DB.

And I said nothing about them winning the game, like I mentioned. I was there. They lost, all I am saying is that Those linebackers were beasts, Sensabaugh handled them, so I don't see your boys freight training him or anything. Please inspire me with some more team oriented messages and quotes though, those are the best.