South Rebels--Starter Predictions-Anyone?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..Well I did'nt want to get nasty and you know I was trying to be civil but here goes...you know that same sorry jv team we kicked the dog shut out of last year is what we will be facing next year you see we could have scored 60 pts easy and some good advice remember Clint Phillips and Ty Garvin because that will be DB's worst nightmare next year besides Taylor and Cassell running over your poor pathetic defense!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Are you serious. Jv? We don't judge our team by the jv team. Jv ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I thought you had a little more football know how than that. This has ruined my whole image of you.

Are you serious. Jv? We don't judge our team by the jv team. Jv ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I thought you had a little more football know how than that. This has ruined my whole image of you.

LETS SEE !!!your jv team from last year....so what did they all do quit,I thought for sure that the jv team from last year would be playing VARSITY ........THIS YEAR, lets see good players Chris Sensabaugh,Jordan Lawson,Will Bateman,Ryan Church,Justin Sylvester oh and one more Jamie Crawford.Lets see these 6 + the jv team that ......well that = average football for 2008.And you can like it or not but thats the way it is !!! but its good that you have hope.Oh one more thing I can't seem to think of but one player off of that jv team thats really any good,and thats David Roop.SO where is the rest of the varsity players coming from....And don't even mention last years freshman team because without Chris they stunk it up...lets see Corey Hall,Rusty Clark,and thats about it from the freshman team and I would include Derrick Steele but he needs some major time in the weight room for he's way to small.Any how GOOD LUCK with the season. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LETS SEE !!!your jv team from last year....so what did they all do quit,I thought for sure that the jv team from last year would be playing VARSITY ........THIS YEAR, lets see good players Chris Sensabaugh,Jordan Lawson,Will Bateman,Ryan Church,Justin Sylvester oh and one more Jamie Crawford.Lets see these 6 + the jv team that ......well that = average football for 2008.And you can like it or not but thats the way it is !!! but its good that you have hope.Oh one more thing I can't seem to think of but one player off of that jv team thats really any good,and thats David Roop.SO where is the rest of the varsity players coming from....And don't even mention last years freshman team because without Chris they stunk it up...lets see Corey Hall,Rusty Clark,and thats about it from the freshman team and I would include Derrick Steele but he needs some major time in the weight room for he's way to small.Any how GOOD LUCK with the season. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Come on man. You're really looking silly here. Players get better as they get older, coaches develop players. Thats just sensible. If going on jv really makes you think that thats gonna win you games than more power to you. If I was a rebel fan, I would not be worried about DB in 2009, I would be worried about this season. Because this conference is very balanced this year. I am looking forward to the Jeff Country scrimmage, I think that will be a much better measuring stick than you think. If you put the whipping on them, than I would be very excited about this year's squad.

Come on man. You're really looking silly here. Players get better as they get older, coaches develop players. Thats just sensible. If going on jv really makes you think that thats gonna win you games than more power to you. If I was a rebel fan, I would not be worried about DB in 2009, I would be worried about this season. Because this conference is very balanced this year. I am looking forward to the Jeff Country scrimmage, I think that will be a much better measuring stick than you think. If you put the whipping on them, than I would be very excited about this year's squad.

Lets see, I do believe you can watch your jv and your freshman play each year and you can tell the players that can play the game.As far as developing players,that starts in pee-wee football...some develop late but most are ready to play the game by the time they get to high school all they need is a little direction and catch on to the speed of the game.As far as being worried about DB in 2009 I'm not a bit worried.As far as looking silly to think you can base your season on a scrimmage....that statement is very,very silly.And you know I'm very excited about South's team this year.The one statement I will agree with you on is this conference race,its going to be tough.

The players that you name didn't play jv last year they played varsity.South chicken out and would not play them when they were freshmen or a jv team for your info.Roop jv yea.U are blowing alot of smoke pal.

I wouldn't worry too much about how good we'll be because we always have enough talent to beat you. Think about it. The last time you beat us Moby Dick was still a minnow!

Well the law of averages are sure to catch up with the DB - South series some day. It might be next year, the year after, or it may be another 15 years. What you Southers need to figure out is when to quit. It took Greenville about 35 years to turn the trick, and then they got the heck off DB's schedule. But you gotta' give them credit, they quit after a win and not after getting a beat down of 44-O. So now that the TSSAA is forcing South to play DB again my advice to you would be if you ever win a game against DB, be it next year or when ever, get yourselves off the schedule someway, somehow. Because it only happens every 15 years or so (or 35yrs. if your Greenville).

Here is the South record against DB (past 10 games)

1997) DB - 43 South - 13

1998) DB - 35 South - 0

1999) DB - 52 South - 8

2000) DB - 61 South - 0

2001) DB - 27 South - 3

2002) DB - 27 South - 13

2003) DB - 49 South - 21

2004) DB - 42 South - 14

2005) DB - 7 South -6

2006) DB - 44 South - 0

Thats DB -387 South - 78 in the past 10 games. and most of those points in the South column were "mercy" points late in the forth qtr. against reserves. If I were a South fan I would pick someone besides DB to pick a argument with about who is better. I just proved that DB is the better football program. And don't give me that "we're gonna' do this and we're gonna' do that crap. You people remind me of the Black Night from the Monty Python movie where he gets both arms and legs cut off in a sword fight and is still standing there on his stumps running his mouth. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Lets see, I do believe you can watch your jv and your freshman play each year and you can tell the players that can play the game.As far as developing players,that starts in pee-wee football...some develop late but most are ready to play the game by the time they get to high school all they need is a little direction and catch on to the speed of the game.As far as being worried about DB in 2009 I'm not a bit worried.As far as looking silly to think you can base your season on a scrimmage....that statement is very,very silly.And you know I'm very excited about South's team this year.The one statement I will agree with you on is this conference race,its going to be tough.

No way, its unbelievable how much a year in the weight room can help and getting first team reps on the varisty. I didn't say base your season on the scrimmage, but I think Jeff County will make the playoffs, if you guys look good or play them well I just think that is a nice confidence booster for both players and fans. Sometimes teams seasons really take a turn based on a scrimmage or the first game. That may sound stupid but confidence is very important. I hope you all stay injury free. And yes, I expect a few classics from teams fighting for playoff spots this year.