Alcoa 2008 starting lineup

Tom142

That surely is comforting for future reference /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Will Rankin ever become bored coaching at Alcoa without a true challenge on his path to the Blue Cross Bowl year in and year out??????????

I was watching alcoa practice today and freshman chaz vesser absolutely put on a display at wr. Ive heard that he was good but he pretty much wowed most of the team today. Vesser and Isom both had outstanding days today and im looking fowardto watching these guys along with sam thompson. From what i hear vesser, whos close to 6ft is moving fast up the depth chart.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vesser is an outstanding tallent with good hands and is not afraid to go for a ball in traffic, but he did have a few drops last year at AMS and toward the end of the year his receptions did dwindle. He has prodigious potential but is probably not ready to make an impact immeadiately.

it may not happen right away but he will surely get varsity time this year...he has the best hands i have seen out of the upcoming freshman and he runs crisp routes for his age...looking forward to seeing vesser making plays this year... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

it may not happen right away but he will surely get varsity time this year...he has the best hands i have seen out of the upcoming freshman and he runs crisp routes for his age...looking forward to seeing vesser making plays this year... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

are the freshman and jr. hi. teams in alcoa as dominate as the varsity?

are the freshman and jr. hi. teams in alcoa as dominate as the varsity?

Last year the freshman team was extremely strong...this year shouldn't be really different, with Vesser, Rankin, and Hambrick... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Of course he will get varsity time everyone on the roster will log significant minutes against every team in the region, due to the opponent always having a significant half time defficit. But I don't see him passing Isom, Walker, or even Jett on the depth chart. That is in no way a castigation of his abilty, this year simply will not be the year Alcoa will become familiar with his skill set. Keep this in mind though Kyrus Lanxter was the fifth reciever on the depth chart his freshman year and his career in no way suffered from it.