Who has the toughest schedule?

chasanooga

How was the ALL-STAR game ?

Is was ok. 30 minutes of 2 girl's teams playing (with many players playing 1/2 of the time), and 30 minutes with the girls vs. the coaches. The girl's game ended 1-1, with Danielle C. scoring the tying goal on a corner kick that was headed into the goal.

On the girl's vs. Coaches (and some UTC players), the coaches won 3-0.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

List the teams that have scheduled the toughest non district schedule.

I'll make the case that Notre Dame has one of (if not) the toughest non district schedule in the state.

Note: # indicates how each team was ranked (by eurosportscoreboard.com) Redmond 11 final rankings 2007

(overall best teams in the state).

9-12 Oak Ridge #6

9-12 BGA #2

9-23 Baylor #5

9-28 Germantown Houston #10

10-2 Bearden #1

on top of that ND will play;

Note # indicates ranking within their division only.

8-30 Ensworth, # 9 Div ll

8-30 Hutchison, #8 Div II

8-30 Pope John Paul ll, # 10 Div ll

9-04 Soddy Daisy, 13-7-2,

9-30 GPS, # 4, Div ll

Coach Schermerhorn always trys to play the best teams available. He realizes that you only get better by playing the better teams and this gets the team ready for district, regional and state play.

Hey Green Fighting Leprecaun guys /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> , I noticed ND doesn't play Cleveland or Ooltawah this year. Is there some history there that I'm not aware of. After all it seems like you play everybody else from around the state.

Hey Green Fighting Leprecaun guys /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> , I noticed ND doesn't play Cleveland or Ooltawah this year. Is there some history there that I'm not aware of. After all it seems like you play everybody else from around the state.

The last few years, we've played Cleveland at the CCS tournament. We not in there this year. Ooltewah, we've played them each year lately. Don't know if adding Signal Mountain squeezed them out or not.

I was going to invite you to our scrimmage with Hixson Thursday, but I was informed this afternoon that it's been cancelled. No reason that I know of. Getting information from a teenager is not easy. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• 2 weeks later...

The last few years, we've played Cleveland at the CCS tournament. We not in there this year. Ooltewah, we've played them each year lately. Don't know if adding Signal Mountain squeezed them out or not.

I don'y know if it is the "toughest" schedule, but I looked at Ensworth's scedule, and they play 9 of the top 10 teams according to The Tennessean's mid-state poll. And 16 of the top 25 from all categories in the CoachT poll, including Baylor, Franklin, Brentwood, Franklin Road Academy (scrimmage), Siegel, BGA, Notre dame, Father Ryan, Ravenwood, Centennial.

I can't imaging a schedule much more demanding.

I don'y know if it is the "toughest" schedule, but I looked at Ensworth's scedule, and they play 9 of the top 10 teams according to The Tennessean's mid-state poll. And 16 of the top 25 from all categories in the CoachT poll, including Baylor, Franklin, Brentwood, Franklin Road Academy (scrimmage), Siegel, BGA, Notre dame, Father Ryan, Ravenwood, Centennial.

I can't imaging a schedule much more demanding.

I agree. You play a tough conference schedule, plus a very tough non-conference schedule. That is what it takes, IMO, to make a team better. In can be tough on players, especially younger ones. in 2005, ND went into the post season with a rec ord of 6-8-4, and made it to the semi-finals at state, with a final record of 11-10-4. I remember at the time hearing some flack about why was there a team with such a "bad" record ranked as high as we were, especially versus some other teams that had only 2 or 3 losses. Of course, when you compared schedules, you saw that that team had played a bunch of cream puff's while we had played a very tough schedule.

Try to remember this when ND beats Ensworth this weekend (that it's for your own good).... Other than the ND game, good luck this weekend....

I agree. You play a tough conference schedule, plus a very tough non-conference schedule. That is what it takes, IMO, to make a team better. In can be tough on players, especially younger ones. in 2005, ND went into the post season with a rec ord of 6-8-4, and made it to the semi-finals at state, with a final record of 11-10-4. I remember at the time hearing some flack about why was there a team with such a "bad" record ranked as high as we were, especially versus some other teams that had only 2 or 3 losses. Of course, when you compared schedules, you saw that that team had played a bunch of cream puff's while we had played a very tough schedule.

Try to remember this when ND beats Ensworth this weekend (that it's for your own good).... Other than the ND game, good luck this weekend....

It will be tough playing Baylor and Notre Dame Saturday, but it is agreed that tough competition will help the team grow up quickly. Ensworth is missing their all-state soccer and basketball player, Emily Perkins, out with a foot injury . . . but others have picked up the slack the last few scrimmages (victories over Dickson, CPA, and Franklin Road Academy).