AAU Decline?

I think the biggest sports drain has been volleyball, not softball. Have any of you looked at how many volleyball teams there are now and how big Club Ball has become? I was staggered at how many girls tried out for club ball in Chattoonaga. I know I spelled that wrong. Girls have to make a choice between the two-Club Ball is on at the same time as school BB and the beginning of AAU season. The average VB team is now taller than the AV BB team in high school. I think that is where the sports drain is coming from. I have talked to many parent's of X basketball players who are now devoted VB players and they say that the girls feel more feminine with VB. They have sexier uniforms, etc, and they don't get beat up every time they step on the floor. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

We are in a cycle, like everything else. It will come back around again.

I agree. I was just using softball as an example. Basketball coaches are their own worst enemies by making BB year-around. Football is doing the same to boy's sports. Very few players sign scholarships in relation to the number that are "forced" to concentrate on one sport.

Please don't get me started on those volleyball shorts. Sexy is not exactly the word I would use. Decadent, maybe?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I was just using softball as an example. Basketball coaches are their own worst enemies by making BB year-around. Football is doing the same to boy's sports. Very few players sign scholarships in relation to the number that are "forced" to concentrate on one sport.

Please don't get me started on those volleyball shorts. Sexy is not exactly the word I would use. Decadent, maybe?

Funny you should mention that!! From what I understand, our VB girls are in for a real shock this year on their uniforms. Rumor is that they are cotten and mid thigh!!! That should start a riot!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Funny you should mention that!! From what I understand, our VB girls are in for a real shock this year on their uniforms. Rumor is that they are cotten and mid thigh!!! That should start a riot!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This post cracks me up !!!!!My daughter plays basketball for her high school and on a top 10 nationally ranked AAU team. She decided to play volleyball this year. Her only complanint is having to wear those "shorts".....I can remember when girls basketball teams (and boys) wore what would now be considered short shorts..... :roflol

This post cracks me up !!!!!My daughter plays basketball for her high school and on a top 10 nationally ranked AAU team. She decided to play volleyball this year. Her only complanint is having to wear those "shorts".....I can remember when girls basketball teams (and boys) wore what would now be considered short shorts..... :roflol

Tennessee Xtreme 9u won the National Championship...... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Tennessee Xtreme 9u won the National Championship...... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Let's give credit to the Team Pride girls.....

from ptguard12

Tennessee Team Pride defeat Arkansas Mavericks by a score of 32 - 29 to win the 9U AAU National Championship. Congrats to Team Pride!