Who is Rhea County's best players ever?

getusum

Forgot about Caleb Wilson QB what a arm does anyone know if he is starting this year.

I remember reading that when Caleb graduated he was one of only five players to throw for over 5 thousands yards in their career. Pretty impressive, even tho he had a knack for throwing interceptions. He would have had a higher completion percentage if it weren't for all the dropped passes. His athleticism was underrated. Not saying he was one of the best players ever but the kid could play some football.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joe oggs was a pretty good running back. i beleive he had a 2000 yard season in 1990 as a junior and 1800 in 1991. that smith kid that played wih him was really fast but was limited to injuries his junior and senior years .derrick howerton was a talent as quarterback that year in 90. chris reeves 1990

Obviously, I think Andy Kelly is probably the best known. If I'm not mistaking he was All-American, and might possibly have been named HS player of the year? Don't quote me on that. Everyone knows how he ended up.

Matt Riggs was a great receiver. I wish he would have went D1 with one sport instead of going to Tusculum in route of dual sports. His speed was amazing. Even ran one track meet his senior year, and holds a handful of school records from that one meet.

Garmony was all over the field. Nobody could say enough about the things he did for RC football.

To answer a previous question about Caleb, I don't believe he is starting at University of the Cumberlands.

ok wen u mention great players at rhea co how can yall forget corey wilson?? he was the greatest WR that played at rhea co and rising star aj brown we take his crown but corey made caleb wilson lets not forget all caleb did was throw 3 yards and he would do the rest he was a freak of nature and casey mckinnon?? the best safety rhea co has ever seen in its history come on guys yall gonna have to pick it up

joe oggs was a pretty good running back. i beleive he had a 2000 yard season in 1990 as a junior and 1800 in 1991. that smith kid that played wih him was really fast but was limited to injuries his junior and senior years .derrick howerton was a talent as quarterback that year in 90. chris reeves 1990

joe oggs was a great running back and very exciting to watched...if he had a little more breakaway speed he could have been a big time prospect. anyone else remember that 360 spin move he put on one game? i can't remember for the life of me who it was against but it was beautifullll.

ok wen u mention great players at rhea co how can yall forget corey wilson?? he was the greatest WR that played at rhea co and rising star aj brown we take his crown but corey made caleb wilson lets not forget all caleb did was throw 3 yards and he would do the rest he was a freak of nature and casey mckinnon?? the best safety rhea co has ever seen in its history come on guys yall gonna have to pick it up

Corey W was a great player....no one could stop that bubble screen play. if he would have had some heart to go with his ability he could have been amazing....Brown is an amazing athlete but he's been underutilized through his whole career, he should have had the ball more last year. i dont know that McKinnon was the greatest safety in history but he could lay a lick.

I know Andy Kelly is going to be the 1st name out of everyone's mouth but who are the other most notable players, when did they play, and what position did they play.

I didn't know there were any "notable" players other than Andy Kelly at Rhea Co.......... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I didn't know there was any "notable" players other than Andy Kelly at Rhea Co.......... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

corey wilson had the heart look at how big he was?? he juss didnt have the brain and the diciplin off the field to go anywhere and name a safety that was been better than mckinnon?? u cant cuz he was the best all state he couldve played somewhere but he chose not to and to whoever u r brandon how would u kno anything?? rhea co always flys under the radar because its a small town and most of the black athletes that have played there have been screwed over thats y u dont hear much abt em

corey wilson had the heart look at how big he was?? he juss didnt have the brain and the diciplin off the field to go anywhere and name a safety that was been better than mckinnon?? u cant cuz he was the best all state he couldve played somewhere but he chose not to and to whoever u r brandon how would u kno anything?? rhea co always flys under the radar because its a small town and most of the black athletes that have played there have been screwed over thats y u dont hear much abt em

I am attempting to understand what you say, but your sentence structure is horrific. By the way.....your last sentence is ludacris........

most of the black athletes that have played there have been screwed over thats y u dont hear much abt em

yeah they really got screwed over last year didnt they?? hahaha....dumb dumb post man. Rhea has had plenty of "notable" players Brandon..

as far as corey goes, from what i heard from his teammates he never worked out or really gave his all on the field...i actually was told by one of his teammates that he said he would drop a pass over the middle on purpose because he didnt think it was worth getting hit

yes it is ludacris that they have been screwed over if u was there and knew the players u would kno

The race card and politics.......sounds like an election year.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

As a coach, wouldn't it be the right thing to play the best players with the best attitude that gives the team a chance to win? Aren't coaching jobs determined by the W-L column?

Let's stick to the topic.......who are "notable" players in Rhea Co's long history? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

What about the running back for the '81 team? Jamie Pankey! I have seen all the old game films from that year and he looked like a force. He was a very hard-nosed runner! It's hard to believe that noone mentioned him considering that he was the leading rusher on 1 of only 2 teams that made it to the state title game. I also believe he came within 100 or 150 yards of Alonzo Banks rushing record. Pankey also holds the records for most yards in a game and most rushing attempts in a game.

As for Cory Wilson, he was a great football player but he prefered to get into trouble and have discipline and attitude problems so he was no where near as sucessful as he could have been.

Casey McKinnon was to small to play anywhere. He was a great player that had a lot of heart but heart doesn't make up for being 5' 9" and 160 lbs.

Has everyone forgotten Brandon McLeroy? I don't know how you could forget a guy that is 6' 5" and 325 lbs. Brandon is the starting right guard at MTSU.

Caleb Wilson was a good quarterback. He had some problems with recievers dropping passes but alot of his interceptions were his fault for making bad reads and trying to force the ball. Caleb is playing at University of the Cumberlands and he is not starting. I am told by his Grandfather that he is really frustrated about it though.