Who is Rhea County's best players ever?

getusum

What about the running back for the '81 team? Jamie Pankey! I have seen all the old game films from that year and he looked like a force. He was a very hard-nosed runner! It's hard to believe that noone mentioned him considering that he was the leading rusher on 1 of only 2 teams that made it to the state title game. I also believe he came within 100 or 150 yards of Alonzo Banks rushing record. Pankey also holds the records for most yards in a game and most rushing attempts in a game.

As for Cory Wilson, he was a great football player but he prefered to get into trouble and have discipline and attitude problems so he was no where near as sucessful as he could have been.

Casey McKinnon was to small to play anywhere. He was a great player that had a lot of heart but heart doesn't make up for being 5' 9" and 160 lbs.

Has everyone forgotten Brandon McLeroy? I don't know how you could forget a guy that is 6' 5" and 325 lbs. Brandon is the starting right guard at MTSU.

Caleb Wilson was a good quarterback. He had some problems with recievers dropping passes but alot of his interceptions were his fault for making bad reads and trying to force the ball. Caleb is playing at University of the Cumberlands and he is not starting. I am told by his Grandfather that he is really frustrated about it though.

this brandon dude is trippin bein a coach is more than wins and loses its abt bein a rolemodel and makin players better people and men and sendin them off to college and they didnt do that and dang sure didnt pit people in the right spots but anyways

casey was the best safety at rhea co ever we arent talkin bout size and who went where we talkin bout who was the best and he was one

jamie pankey yes he was great who could forget him and so was greg pankey

and noone has forgotten abt my man big mac i kno i havent cuz i go to the same school and couldve played here he is a freak of nature love dat kid

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

corey wilson had the heart look at how big he was?? he juss didnt have the brain and the diciplin off the field to go anywhere and name a safety that was been better than mckinnon?? u cant cuz he was the best all state he couldve played somewhere but he chose not to and to whoever u r brandon how would u kno anything?? rhea co always flys under the radar because its a small town and most of the black athletes that have played there have been screwed over thats y u dont hear much abt em

BoJo Watson

joe oggs was a great running back and very exciting to watched...if he had a little more breakaway speed he could have been a big time prospect. anyone else remember that 360 spin move he put on one game? i can't remember for the life of me who it was against but it was beautifullll.

Corey W was a great player....no one could stop that bubble screen play. if he would have had some heart to go with his ability he could have been amazing....Brown is an amazing athlete but he's been underutilized through his whole career, he should have had the ball more last year. i dont know that McKinnon was the greatest safety in history but he could lay a lick.

spin move was against ooltewah

Well I have never heard of David Roller because he never played for Rhea County because the first year at Rhea was 1974, three years after Roller was drafted. I'm going to guess and say that he played for Rhea Central High School back when it was around. He had to be a pretty amazing player to play 10 years in the NFL.

And to Coldboy07 I personally know Casey and played with him for a few years and I know he was a great safety. I also know that D-1 coaches frown on 5' 9" 160 lbs. safeties. No doubt that Casey was great on offense and defense but I was making the observation that his size is what kept him from playing at the college level.

Also Coldboy07, yes coaching is about making boys into men and setting a good example for the young men you coach but not to many schools will keep a coach that has more loses than wins around to long. So, in the end the wins and loses are really important to that coaches career. Not the most important but pretty important.

Well I have never heard of David Roller because he never played for Rhea County because the first year at Rhea was 1974, three years after Roller was drafted. I'm going to guess and say that he played for Rhea Central High School back when it was around. He had to be a pretty amazing player to play 10 years in the NFL.

And to Coldboy07 I personally know Casey and played with him for a few years and I know he was a great safety. I also know that D-1 coaches frown on 5' 9" 160 lbs. safeties. No doubt that Casey was great on offense and defense but I was making the observation that his size is what kept him from playing at the college level.

Also Coldboy07, yes coaching is about making boys into men and setting a good example for the young men you coach but not to many schools will keep a coach that has more loses than wins around to long. So, in the end the wins and loses are really important to that coaches career. Not the most important but pretty important.

Sorry, I was being literal. Rhea Central High School was located in Rhea County and the title of the string is Rhea County's best .... If Dave had attended Rhea County, he would have been the best player ever /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> .

Sorry, I was being literal. Rhea Central High School was located in Rhea County and the title of the string is Rhea County's best .... If Dave had attended Rhea County, he would have been the best player ever /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> .

Yeah I knew that you meant he was the best from the county, but I was just clarifying. Roller was WAY WAY WAY BACK WHEN! he was drafted 18 years before I was even born. It's fun to learn about people from your alma mater (sorta)

yea i hear wat u sayin about that its true o both sides so i agree

yea he wasnt the d-1 size but we talkin in rhea county who was the best and he has to be one i mean to be that little the guy played like a linebacker thats ridiculous and had the grades too o and its crazy how d-1 schools are like that when in the nfl there are guys shorter than that and can play some ball

Yep, Roller graduated from Rhea Central High School - was a Yellowjacket and was an awesome player.

But more recently, obviously Andy Kelly is one of the best known. Not sure what "and we all know how that turned out" comment was supposed to mean. But Kelly did his county well and is still in the game - coaching now. It's obvious his heart was in the game way back in the day and it remains there now.

Jamie Pankey (or Mamie Lou as we refer to him) was a dynamic player but didn't have the drive to push for more beyond his four years at RCHS. Too bad - he was a heck of a player to watch. Powerhouse to the max.

Douglas boys - ditto on talent, although I believe Steve was the more talented of the two.

Charles Benton - also a talented player. I believe he was one of two freshmen who dressed out with varsity if I'm not mistaken.

Oggs - oh yeah, forgot about the Oggler. He was a joy to watch, too.

Perhaps the Revis boy will shine at UT and we can add his name to this distinguished list! Good luck to all!

yeah they really got screwed over last year didnt they?? hahaha....dumb dumb post man. Rhea has had plenty of "notable" players Brandon..

as far as corey goes, from what i heard from his teammates he never worked out or really gave his all on the field...i actually was told by one of his teammates that he said he would drop a pass over the middle on purpose because he didnt think it was worth getting hit

yea they did how do u have a guy almost break a single season rushing record and get one offer from the cumberlains?? and how can u take a kid out when he is about to break the record??? i dont understand that i really dont

and about corey that should tell you how great he was when he didnt even try and still has the single season record for recieving yeards

yea they did how do u have a guy almost break a single season rushing record and get one offer from the cumberlains?? and how can u take a kid out when he is about to break the record??? i dont understand that i really dont

and about corey that should tell you how great he was when he didnt even try and still has the single season record for recieving yeards

lets don't forget about craig the pup patteterson