dyer county or dyersburg?

indianwarrior

"My son" plays for DC...and I have been to practices run by Darren Bowling, Adam Renshaw, and James Counce...NO COMPARISON.....NONE WHAT SO EVER....Bowling and Renshaw are FINE men....Good Christian men..But there style of coaching and James Counce style of coaching are TOTALLY POLOR OPPOSITE.....

Renshaw is NOT A DISCIPINARIAN.....I was at the scrimmage between Lexinton/DC and saw this kid throw his helmet and shoulder pads at the huddle and WALK OFF THE FIELD CUSSING AND SCREAMING....His girlfriend came down out of the stands...got him by the hand and led him back on the sidelines....Next thing I know he was SCRIMMAGING.....No running, no up-downs...NOTHING..."My Son" said he "Apologized to the team" THAT WAS IT....Go to a James Counce practice...and you have no doubt of WHO RUNS THE SHOW....DISCIPLINE, DISCIPLINE, DISCIPLINE....and NO DC hasn't worked as hard as Dyersburg this year...I have a "son" that plays for DC...So I know....NOBODY...and I mean NOBODY outworks and out coaches James Counce...this is the one year Dyer County on paper will have MORE TALENT/Experience than Dyersburg....but watch when October 24, gets here.....Can't wait... Peyton Lucas is a GOOD KID..KNOW HIM PERSONALLY....A FINE YOUNG MAN...A YES SIR AND NO SIR KID....I know most of the DC kids...and DC RETURNS ALL THE O-line...minus Justin Scott...and they have alot of talent returning...BUT THEY WON"T SNEAK UP ON ANYBODY THIS YEAR...Last year Andre Flowers had graduated and everybody took DC as a pushover...The spread offense was the best thing they ever could have done....But James Counce takes LEMONS AND MAKES LEMONADE.....Can't wait until October 24....

I am curious...why isn't your son playing for Dyersburg if Counce is that good. I am also curious as to what the people of MBA think about James Counce Sr.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious...why isn't your son playing for Dyersburg if Counce is that good. I am also curious as to what the people of MBA think about James Counce Sr.

"MY SON" lives with HIS MOTHER....HE CHOSE TO GO TO THREE OAKS...HE CHOSE TO GO TO DYER COUNTY.....HE WENT WITH HIS FRIENDS...I tried to get him to go to DYERSBURG...But he wanted to go to DYER COUNTY WITH HIS BUDDIES THAT HE HAS BEEN FRIENDS WITH SINCE 6th grade...He is the one that has to walk the halls...Not me..So he and his mother wanted to go to the COUNTY SCHOOL...SO BE IT...Doesn't mean that I didn't want him to play for Counce....But MY HANDS WERE TIED ON THAT ONE....

As far as what the people think about James Counce Sr...I remember reading an article when the new coach was hired at MBA ...He heard that BOTH the Counces' were available and he had coached with them at the Tenn/Kentucky all star game where Counce was head coach......AND HE SAID THEY WERE THE FIRST TWO HE CALLED....As freshman Ben Barthlomew said of coach Counce. who was rb's coach..." IF YOU LISTEN TO HIM...AND DO EVERYTHING HE SAYS....IT WILL BE A TOUCHDOWN"....This was a kid who was state champion Wrestler, shot putter and discus as well as a State Champ in football....

Dyersburg was a DOORMAT for years before the man got here...GO back and look at the records...He made Dyersburg respectable...After years of being a laughing stock...Oh, Bobby Newby had a couple of really good teams in the mid-70's...The 74 team got beat 21-0 in the state semi-finals by Father Ryan....Errol Hook had a couple of winning seasons...But other than that for 20 years Dyersburg was the team that everybody scheduled for Homecoming...No more.....

Let's be reasonable...Dyersburg loses ALOT from last year's team...Do I think they win the region?...NO...Do I think they will be competitive ..YES...Well the compete for one of the four playoffs spots...I wouldn't bet against it... The man does more with less than any coach I have ever seen....

"MY SON" lives with HIS MOTHER....HE CHOSE TO GO TO THREE OAKS...HE CHOSE TO GO TO DYER COUNTY.....HE WENT WITH HIS FRIENDS...I tried to get him to go to DYERSBURG...But he wanted to go to DYER COUNTY WITH HIS BUDDIES THAT HE HAS BEEN FRIENDS WITH SINCE 6th grade...He is the one that has to walk the halls...Not me..So he and his mother wanted to go to the COUNTY SCHOOL...SO BE IT...Doesn't mean that I didn't want him to play for Counce....But MY HANDS WERE TIED ON THAT ONE....

As far as what the people think about James Counce Sr...I remember reading an article when the new coach was hired at MBA ...He heard that BOTH the Counces' were available and he had coached with them at the Tenn/Kentucky all star game where Counce was head coach......AND HE SAID THEY WERE THE FIRST TWO HE CALLED....As freshman Ben Barthlomew said of coach Counce. who was rb's coach..." IF YOU LISTEN TO HIM...AND DO EVERYTHING HE SAYS....IT WILL BE A TOUCHDOWN"....This was a kid who was state champion Wrestler, shot putter and discus as well as a State Champ in football....

Dyersburg was a DOORMAT for years before the man got here...GO back and look at the records...He made Dyersburg respectable...After years of being a laughing stock...Oh, Bobby Newby had a couple of really good teams in the mid-70's...The 74 team got beat 21-0 in the state semi-finals by Father Ryan....Errol Hook had a couple of winning seasons...But other than that for 20 years Dyersburg was the team that everybody scheduled for Homecoming...No more.....

Let's be reasonable...Dyersburg loses ALOT from last year's team...Do I think they win the region?...NO...Do I think they will be competitive ..YES...Well the compete for one of the four playoffs spots...I wouldn't bet against it... The man does more with less than any coach I have ever seen....

Good answer. So on October 24 who will you be pulling for your Son or Counce?

Good answer. So on October 24 who will you be pulling for your Son or Counce?

Hey I pull for "My son" every game EXCEPT ONE....When DC and Dyersburg hook up....I put the BLACK AND GOLD on... Don't care WHO WAS COACHING DYERSBURG...Whether it be Counce or whomever...When Dyersburg and DC hook up....IT IS BLACK AND GOLD FOR ME.....IT IS MY ALMA MATER... Just like when ALL THESE KIDS FROM DYERSBURG when to Newbern to play basketball....Like I asked some of these DC fans?....Where were you all at when you were playing with the kids that came from Three Oaks and Northview?....Get all these Dyerburg kids... and all of sudden DYER COUNTY BASKETBALL IS THE TALK OF THE TOWN!....AND NO...I DIDN"T GO BUY AN ORANGE SHIRT AND START ATTENDING BASKETBALL GAMES....They aren't my ALMA MATER....My diploma came from Dyersburg High School....So I tried to get him to go to Dyersburg...He wanted to be a Choctaw..Hey, like I said..HE IS THE ONE WHO HAS TO WALK THE HALLS....

Like I said..I know several of these kids wish them well...and will cheer them on...They are good kids...But come October 24....The Black and Gold goes on and I AM A TROJAN for life!.....Just the way it is....

Hey I pull for "My son" every game EXCEPT ONE....When DC and Dyersburg hook up....I put the BLACK AND GOLD on... Don't care WHO WAS COACHING DYERSBURG...Whether it be Counce or whomever...When Dyersburg and DC hook up....IT IS BLACK AND GOLD FOR ME.....IT IS MY ALMA MATER... Just like when ALL THESE KIDS FROM DYERSBURG when to Newbern to play basketball....Like I asked some of these DC fans?....Where were you all at when you were playing with the kids that came from Three Oaks and Northview?....Get all these Dyerburg kids... and all of sudden DYER COUNTY BASKETBALL IS THE TALK OF THE TOWN!....AND NO...I DIDN"T GO BUY AN ORANGE SHIRT AND START ATTENDING BASKETBALL GAMES....They aren't my ALMA MATER....My diploma came from Dyersburg High School....So I tried to get him to go to Dyersburg...He wanted to be a Choctaw..Hey, like I said..HE IS THE ONE WHO HAS TO WALK THE HALLS....

Like I said..I know several of these kids wish them well...and will cheer them on...They are good kids...But come October 24....The Black and Gold goes on and I AM A TROJAN for life!.....Just the way it is....

So you would put your Alma Mater before your son? What a guy. I have a DHS deploma and a son, daughter, and wife who went ot DCHS. I will be on the Choctaw side October 24. I won't have on orange and white or black and gold.

So you would put your Alma Mater before your son? What a guy. I have a DHS deploma and a son, daughter, and wife who went ot DCHS. I will be on the Choctaw side October 24. I won't have on orange and white or black and gold.

I "don't put anything before my son"...He likes to BAD MOUTH and TRASH TALK Dyersburg High School and so when they play we have this little contest..."Dyerburg wins ....He has to do a few chores...If Dyer County wins..."I had a BUNCH OF CHORES to do last year"... I got it RUBBED in about Football, Basketball, Baseball..The whole deal....It's all in fun... He even bought me one of those "JUST LIKE FOOTBALL" shirts for my birthday ...KNOWING I WOULDN"T WEAR IT.......He KNOWS where I stand with him... Lighten up dude..It's a lot of fun we have the week of the game...

I "don't put anything before my son"...He likes to BAD MOUTH and TRASH TALK Dyersburg High School and so when they play we have this little contest..."Dyerburg wins ....He has to do a few chores...If Dyer County wins..."I had a BUNCH OF CHORES to do last year"... I got it RUBBED in about Football, Basketball, Baseball..The whole deal....It's all in fun... He even bought me one of those "JUST LIKE FOOTBALL" shirts for my birthday ...KNOWING I WOULDN"T WEAR IT.......He KNOWS where I stand with him... Lighten up dude..It's a lot of fun we have the week of the game...

Well said StevieRay! I know ole Shooter and he is just having a little fun with you.

What in the heck where you thinking posting worthless crap like that on this post? I went to dhs as well. why so hostile against him was it because you stunk at playing football and didnt know anything about how to play? why dont you just leave the man alone. you cant force your kid to go somewhere that he or she wouldnt feel comfortable. so why dont you back off and go root for your choctaws while they are scrimmaging against 1a and 2a schools because those are the only wins they can have to look forward to.

What in the heck where you thinking posting worthless crap like that on this post? I went to dhs as well. why so hostile against him was it because you stunk at playing football and didnt know anything about how to play? why dont you just leave the man alone. you cant force your kid to go somewhere that he or she wouldnt feel comfortable. so why dont you back off and go root for your choctaws while they are scrimmaging against 1a and 2a schools because those are the only wins they can have to look forward to.

Excuse me. Isn't Milan 2A? Just like basketball,football,baseball, last year.

This thread should be interesting to say the least. First off...I for one won't be losing ANY sleep regardless who wins or loses. Secondly, DC won last year cause they out played them....bottom line. Recovered fumbles win football games all the time. NEXT years freshman coming to DC will be the ones to watch for future. My focus as of right now is Northview football. As for me....if D'burg wins they win. If DC wins they win. Until then..banter on.

...Because I guarantee you this much....James Counce didn't leave a nice school like MBA to come back and lose to DC...I bet my last nickle that ONE GAME has been on his mind every minute of everyday since last year....And I bet in some small way he is REMINDING his players too....

That is just ridiculous......I REALLY wish they would just stop playing each other. The rivalry got WAY out of hand last year and just escalates every year. I went to games some last year because I had good friends whose kids played. Next year I will go alot because of my nephew playing. There are schools all over the US that could beat the snot out of either team...and coaches who could outcoach either Renshaw or Counce. As for Dye being the "second Coming" well I personally don't really think so. I played bball in highschool at DC...we always got beat by D'burg....I sure didn't spend an entire year AND every practice thinking about it. I can and HAVE gotten caught up in the rivalry before........but this escalated last year to a point of it being basically being hateful, bigoted, and basically just crazy. Wanted to add.....by saying Dye isn't the second coming......I meant that literally not a diss against the kid, he's a good player...just don't hold anyone that high on a pedestal.

That is just ridiculous......I REALLY wish they would just stop playing each other. The rivalry got WAY out of hand last year and just escalates every year. I went to games some last year because I had good friends whose kids played. Next year I will go alot because of my nephew playing. There are schools all over the US that could beat the snot out of either team...and coaches who could outcoach either Renshaw or Counce. As for Dye being the "second Coming" well I personally don't really think so. I played bball in highschool at DC...we always got beat by D'burg....I sure didn't spend an entire year AND every practice thinking about it. I can and HAVE gotten caught up in the rivalry before........but this escalated last year to a point of it being basically being hateful, bigoted, and basically just crazy. Wanted to add.....by saying Dye isn't the second coming......I meant that literally not a diss against the kid, he's a good player...just don't hold anyone that high on a pedestal.

IN years past you never had Dyersburg and Dyer County in the same region either...And I don't EVER REMEMBER KIDS LEAVING THE MIDDLE SCHOOL and going to Dyer County to play sports...NEVER...Not saying you wouldn't have one or two here or there...But most of the kids who go to Dyer County these days...THEY CAN THROW A ROCK AND HIT DYERSBURG HIGH SCHOOL....And used to ..The majority of the THREE OAKS KIDS....Cody Tettleon, Kenny Akin, Austin Lyons..Those kids went to Dyersburg from Three Oaks...Dyersburg isn't getting a single player from Three Oaks...This year is the first year Three Oaks EVER BEAT DMS in basketball...Don't think it wasn't because a few of the the DYERSBURG kids transferred do you?....And the reason Dion Real left?...All his talent is going to DYER COUNTY....Your best Middle School basketball players were either at Three Oaks or Northview....And most lived here in Dyersburg...So if a coaching job came up at Covington or Haywood?...Where THEY DON"T HAVE TO COMPETE WITH A RIVAL SCHOOL?...Then I think that is a NO-BRAINER...Dyersburg's enrollment is down....Dyer County's is up...They move to 4A next year don't they....So, yeah you have people is one system hacked and people in another smiling...Think that helps lead to a little of the rivalry... As far as Dylan Dye being "the second coming"....

THE KID IS GOOD...People can say what they want...Had some TSSAA officials tell me they thought he could have started for some A teams last year.....Had one OPPOSING COACH who saw him in a 7-7 tournament say that..THAT KID IS REALLY GOOD...Has really GOOD MECHANICS...AND A GREAT ARM.....Now if he GROWS anymore physically or in knowledge of the game is another matter....Hey, Personally I LOVE THIS RIVALRY...This trash talking has been going on since the 70's when Dyersburg and DC had those really good teams....AND IT IS A MONEY MAKER....I say don't ever cut it out...