how will indy look this year

overseascoach

I could be wrong, and likely am, but your new coach will give a great effort to make this team respectable and how does anyone know since they haven't even had an official tryout. If HM was still there, she would have had the same situation except with H and L, she would have made some post players(and that still can be done) and they would have been respectable. Give this coach a chance, support her, and she knows nothing much unless there are films but to lace them up get into the gym and make her a team. What else could you ask from anyone else?

By the way 20, where did your VB Coach go to or is the one there that has always been and the asst left.

I think the comments about them being down is the fact that since Maxwell left. And if she had stayed, those two players likely would have as well, the system would be the same, and the players would have been able to develop all summer. Lossing players, changing systems, and no off season development is a trifecta for tough going next season. One of the reason that I believe the TSSAA rule of no work after the summer dead period except weight and conditioning is bad.

I think the volleyball coach just got married, and they hired a new asst coach. PH I may be wrong, but think that is what I heard from an IHS person.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20, get busy looking in to that fall league.

Trouble with the fall league is rules limiting how many players can play with the high school coach. Indy will be counting on some freshmen players stepping up. Because of the timing of the coaching change, Coach Reed has only been able to work with the team on conditioning. She will not get to see them touch a ball until September. I think TSSAA rules allow open gyms beginning sometime in Sept. Could use some help on clarification of the open gym rule.

Trouble with the fall league is rules limiting how many players can play with the high school coach. Indy will be counting on some freshmen players stepping up. Because of the timing of the coaching change, Coach Reed has only been able to work with the team on conditioning. She will not get to see them touch a ball until September. I think TSSAA rules allow open gyms beginning sometime in Sept. Could use some help on clarification of the open gym rule.

Without going too far, ask new Coach, new AD or new Principal. Wouldn't touch that one with a 10 foot pole

but would start with Coach. Communication lines, it would appear to me would have to be wide open and i bet they are. Surely there are some films of team play made during last year. This is not the first time something like this has happened. Has not the TSSAA granted some waivers on things like this? Maybe not but worth asking the coach to look in to.

Alyssa Kildgore, she played well last year.

i am hoping for the best for IHS but the outlook this year is not very bright. with only one player with some experience(seems like maxwell did not go very deep with her bench or she lost a ton of players) it could be a rocky year. good luck ladies!

i am hoping for the best for IHS but the outlook this year is not very bright. with only one player with some experience(seems like maxwell did not go very deep with her bench or she lost a ton of players) it could be a rocky year. good luck ladies!

4 starters graduated, and the other transferred. First two girls off the bench from last year are gone too. Uphill battle is in store, but youth can surprise you.

4 starters graduated, and the other transferred. First two girls off the bench from last year are gone too. Uphill battle is in store, but youth can surprise you.

ouch! i will be pulling for them! how do you think the district will play out. we have hillsboro for sure at the top...then brentwood....then a toss up. i hear the tall girl may not play basketball for ravenwood. hope its not ture but they will struggle too without her!

Everyone makes this sound as if this is hopeless and it is anything but. Indy had a good team last year. they lost the seniors and two transfers but a number of players had to practice with and play against each other in practice and don't you believe they were not extended under the previous coach. If they weren't they would not have been on the team. So, yes they may be young but they have prospects and the way things have wound up, which is an embarassment, they just need to have a tryout BUT this coach understands it and she understood it before she applied and she has no surprises here and she has a plan and at this point so do the players and that is to prove everyone wrong.

Everyone makes this sound as if this is hopeless and it is anything but. Indy had a good team last year. they lost the seniors and two transfers but a number of players had to practice with and play against each other in practice and don't you believe they were not extended under the previous coach. If they weren't they would not have been on the team. So, yes they may be young but they have prospects and the way things have wound up, which is an embarassment, they just need to have a tryout BUT this coach understands it and she understood it before she applied and she has no surprises here and she has a plan and at this point so do the players and that is to prove everyone wrong.

still with JH and Lott those two could take over a game especially JH - not sure about the other "feeder midddle schools" going into Indy but as mentioned the girls at HMS really the last two years have not one player that was worthy of bulding a team around

Amen to that! Indy will play hard, and by mid-season, teams will not want to play them.