brentwood basketball

DLHigh33

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll have a decent team, of course being a year older helps.I would say by the time tournament time comes around they'll be ready to compete for a title..They have a perimeter full of good shooters and smart guards..Their post play is suspect but even the post can shoot the ball.They have one guard last name is Campbelle that is a really nice player..Everyone knows they play AAU ball together so for them they play year round and I dont know if that helps them or not but I think this year they'll be a team to watch out for.

I know of their AAU team....and they were a complete joke, which does not bode well for the high school season. I saw them in Substate give up 74 points with 4 minutes to go in the THIRD quarter in the 3rd place game, before a string of Techs and flagarant fouls led the officials to stop the game. They played very dirty in that game, and very unorganized.....

Thanks Gomab for bringing those points up abou the dirty play..They may be the most diritiest team in the state..They hate losing and when the pressure is turned up on them they fold and start taking cheap shots at you...We played them at their own lil classic this year with about three other teams, we ended up playing them twice and both time drilled them by about 25. But I had players on fastbreaks getting pushed, I had players that went strong to the whole and they were getting undercut..you cant tell players not to go strong to the hole..But in any case they dont fair at all.

Hillsboro should be the team to beat in 11-AAA this year but we all know in that district Brentwood is going to have some impact. They will be alright the next few years but the opening of Ravenwood High will ultimately hurt their program in the years to come.

They may not look very good during the summer but it is just that -the summer- remember who is their coach, I really feel that he is one of the best around he will have them ready to go come November.

i have a hard time believing what was just said about brentwood being dirty. they are actullay more scared than dirty. and the whole brentwood team is not on that aau squad because alot of them are on the football field as we speak. they will contend because coach king always has his troops ready no matter what talent he has.

Hey these accusations about Brentwood isnt something thats just said and brought up off top of the head..I think everbody thats seen them play will tell you they take cheap shots, they do play hard but I mean cheaping shot and playing hard can sometimes get confused..Because Brentwood scraps so much they are always in the middle. They've had a AAU team for at least 3 years..We've played them each year.

Coach King is a hard worker and his players are always prepare to play, Like I said in the earlier post they should be there in the end because of guard play. They have one guard by the name of campbelle that can absolutely fill it up and in a hurry. Nice all around player. Post needs to bulk up but they play the perimeter anyway

I've seen Brentwood play many times over the past few years, and can tell you they are not a dirty team. In previous years (and most likely this year) what their post players have lacked in skill they have made up for by playing physical, especially on the glass. Often times people who aren't used to a physical game cofuse this to be dirty. Coach King always has his team well prepared, they run a play in the half court nearly every possesion and constantly switch between man to man defensse and several different zones.

Watch out especially this year for their PG Danny Krow. He is a very smart player, who always looks pass before shooot. If Krow can have anyone to step up as a scorer for him to work with I'm sure BHS will again be very competative.

Also, the AAU team only has a few of the younger players in the Brentwood program. Their performance in no way reflects the type of team BHS will have this season.

[Edited by Irish40 on 8/1/02 10:12A]

The comments were made about the Brentwood AAU team, which IS comprised of all BHS players, and many of the key younger players. This team IS very dirty, and is very much the opposite from Coach King's well disciplined, intense High School bunch. I will state it again, about the AAU team ONLY......

"I know of their AAU team....and they were a complete joke, which does not bode well for the high school season. I saw them in Substate give up 74 points with 4 minutes to go in the THIRD quarter in the 3rd place game, before a string of Techs and flagarant fouls led the officials to stop the game. They played very dirty in that game, and very unorganized....."

I believe I mentioned in the other post that the Brentwood High team plays really hard, well coached, and discipline..I think the Thread was about the Brentwood AAU team...I knew that they didnt have everybody on the AAU team because of travel baseball and football for the most part they have their team..Their AAU team is very dirty and take cheap shots.

The AAU team is no indication of the high school team, the execution is decent but nothing like during the high school season.