District 3 AAA

xsoccer1x

Okay, ET Ref, for the record, I believe it was also you that said in another thread, the one On the West Jamboree that the Powell Team didn't appear ready to play. I wonder who's responsibility it is to have the Team ready to play?

I am not saying that you are wrong or right. You obviously know more about the Powell program than I do.

I am just trying to tell you it is preseason, and give the man a chance!

By the way what is the new coaches name anyway? Where is he from or experience?

You have learned well, my young padawan!!!

Well said, AGAIN.

I am learning Master G.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying that you are wrong or right. You obviously know more about the Powell program than I do.

I am just trying to tell you it is preseason, and give the man a chance!

By the way what is the new coaches name anyway? Where is he from or experience?

He actually coached at Powell before Harvey, and my understanding is he Coaches the boys team at Fulton. You know he has coaching experience from what I have heard and he has said. I think it will be interesting the rest of the Pre-season.

He actually coached at Powell before Harvey, and my understanding is he Coaches the boys team at Fulton. You know he has coaching experience from what I have heard and he has said. I think it will be interesting the rest of the Pre-season.

I know who you are talking about, and transam I will say this to you in the nicest way I can think of putting it without bashing.

Good Luck! 3 coaching jobs in 3 years is never a good sign, and he seems to be a bit of a roamer. I have never heard much good about him, but that does not mean he is not good. And I know for sure I was right about the old school comment I made. I just heard alot of issues about him and relating to his players which obviously will be a barrier for him to cross.

I should have asked this up front and we woudl still be on page one.

• 2 weeks later...

Things looked rough today loosing 2-1 to Henry County

Still not clicking?

Its hard to lose, BUT sometimes you have to lose to win. I see that Powell is a weak team this season, so lets put all the energy to making it better instead of complaining. Give the coach a chance, and I guess my other question is. If you or your child is only in it to win it, what lesson are you getting from it? what lesson is your child getting from it? Is it worth it?

I know some of the players from Powell are on travel teams,BUT it takes 11 players not just 1 or 2, to win or lose.

and it does not help if the parents are bad mouthing about the coach, that only gives the players an excuse for their personal performances, or lack of.

I think we have missed the basic element RESPECT, for each other, and for the coach.

Good luck ladies, concentrate, practice hard, play hard and dont lose your love for the game.

Its hard to lose, BUT sometimes you have to lose to win. I see that Powell is a weak team this season, so lets put all the energy to making it better instead of complaining. Give the coach a chance, and I guess my other question is. If you or your child is only in it to win it, what lesson are you getting from it? what lesson is your child getting from it? Is it worth it?

I know some of the players from Powell are on travel teams,BUT it takes 11 players not just 1 or 2, to win or lose.

and it does not help if the parents are bad mouthing about the coach, that only gives the players an excuse for their personal performances, or lack of.

I think we have missed the basic element RESPECT, for each other, and for the coach.

Good luck ladies, concentrate, practice hard, play hard and dont lose your love for the game.

Respect is earned not given, that goes for coaches ,players and parents. I would like to ask mano a question. Lets make this hypothetical, if your daughter played for any coach who showed characteristics that are against your opinion of good ethics, and judgement as a parent. Do you as a parent support this coach no matter what? It looks like by reading this site that a lot of posters make the Powell parents out to be some kind of problem. I know for a fact that they are a good bunch of parents that work hard to support there team. I just don't think you can automatically have the opinion of support your coach ,no matter what.

First of all Coach, if it is you and I think it is or a friend of yours; You have more than 1 or 2 Travel Team, as you put it, Players. Secondly, the line-up can have 8-9 quality Competitive Team Players and then you put 2 Players on the Team in Critical Positions that are not on the same level either to prove a point to the girls or parents and the weakness affects the entire team.

When you ask the girls for their Input and then tell them their Idea is Stupid, when you tell them you have Coached some of the Best Players, and they are not that good. When you tell their Freshmen Teammates they have an advatange because in a couple years they will have a chance to compete in State Tournament when they have been under your system, unlike the upper classman.....You have defeated the girls before they even started, and you have not earned their Respect.

As many on this board says we need to be positive, let's hope and pray the Coach learns that also. These girls deserve our best both as parents and coaches!

We have been trying to keep these boards free from player bashing, coach bashing, and (gulp) ref bashing for the past several years. While "bashing" can be a relative term, I tend to err towards the side of being more protective or conservative than most. While they all might not get deleted or blocked, I am of the mind that if there is a personal problem with the coach (as it seems that there is and really does seem to need to be addressed) then I don't think the public forum is the place to do it. Some of the concerns posted on this thread, if true, could be valid, but again, need to be respectfully brought up with the coach.

ws6transam30, I hope the coach is an approachable one. Sometimes in these situations that isn't the case. Good luck to you in working this out. Let's please move on to a more positive note...