What happened at Knox Central?

bdcoach1

The 1a forum has them apparently in a rout.

I had heard from a DB faithful that you guys were pretty good.

Just wondering

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

There was no rout if anyone is implieing that they are wrong. Grace did show very well against Central it was a awesome scrimmage to watch and Grace did find the endzone one time more than Central did and being a young program like we are that was very exciting for us. I think that Central simply underestimated a very good 1A team. All the hype over on the other boards is comeing from people at other 1A schools. Central will win their share this year and I am sure they will find themselves in the hunt come October.

There was no rout if anyone is implieing that they are wrong. Grace did show very well against Central it was a awesome scrimmage to watch and Grace did find the endzone one time more than Central did and being a young program like we are that was very exciting for us. I think that Central simply underestimated a very good 1A team. All the hype over on the other boards is comeing from people at other 1A schools. Central will win their share this year and I am sure they will find themselves in the hunt come October.

I agree...Best of luck to Central this season!!...very strong team that will win a lot of games...

Just wondering

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

OK, where do I start? Obviosuly I am biased,......but the Cats did fine on Monday night. No reason to hit panic button. Yes we got smacked in the mouth and were told "God loves us" all at the same time. In all honesty, it was an impressive program, no smoke and mirrors just hard nosed football on both sides. Coach Helton was calm and collective,...when it was over he ran the kids right there in front of everybody (not sure if it was punishment or needed conditioning but that shows me he knows there is more in the tank,....he's just gotta get it out of them.) As far as the cats getting beat by a fast growing 2A program,....I must admit it was 27 - 21 in favor of Grace. When the refs left our boys were mad,...they wanted another shot at trying to get into the endzone. It was one of those games where the team with the ball last was going to win. I am not so sure we could have stopped their # 24 or # 5,...man those guys are the real deal. Good news is, we came out healthy got a wake up call and got to see some really nice facilities. GCA, when your new stadium is completed it will be an awesome venue for Friday night football, we look forward to returing the favor next fall! (more than you know)

Just wondering

I would have to say 3 td's better than DB. They are struggling....seem young at the skill position.

Jeff Co however seemed to be more physical and had tons of depth.

OK, where do I start? Obviosuly I am biased,......but the Cats did fine on Monday night. No reason to hit panic button. Yes we got smacked in the mouth and were told "God loves us" all at the same time. In all honesty, it was an impressive program, no smoke and mirrors just hard nosed football on both sides. Coach Helton was calm and collective,...when it was over he ran the kids right there in front of everybody (not sure if it was punishment or needed conditioning but that shows me he knows there is more in the tank,....he's just gotta get it out of them.) As far as the cats getting beat by a fast growing 2A program,....I must admit it was 27 - 21 in favor of Grace. When the refs left our boys were mad,...they wanted another shot at trying to get into the endzone. It was one of those games where the team with the ball last was going to win. I am not so sure we could have stopped their # 24 or # 5,...man those guys are the real deal. Good news is, we came out healthy got a wake up call and got to see some really nice facilities. GCA, when your new stadium is completed it will be an awesome venue for Friday night football, we look forward to returing the favor next fall! (more than you know)

Thanks, catdad2012. Class act... Yes, glad all the boys on both teams came out healthy. It was a great scrimmage to watch and both teams played hard. I think all of the boys would have played until midnight!

Thanks, catdad2012. Class act... Yes, glad all the boys on both teams came out healthy. It was a great scrimmage to watch and both teams played hard. I think all of the boys would have played until midnight!

Grace's coach is absolutely top-notch. He'll get everything out of his players that they have to give. Although I know he's a loyal guy, better pay him well....

I don't think it could have really got any better for the folks in the stands Monday night it was a great game to watch. As i said earlier Central has and will be a force to be reckoned with this season. Good luck to your team Catdad!

I don't think it could have really got any better for the folks in the stands Monday night it was a great game to watch. As i said earlier Central has and will be a force to be reckoned with this season. Good luck to your team Catdad!

sorry diddler, I found out that you are not 2A but 1 A. That hurts my feelings worse!

In your opinion, will you all fair well in your region? If you tell me that your team is down, then I guess I should be concerned cause the more I think about it, we just got out played and we got guys that can flat GO! I read in another thread that your two play-makers graduated.

sorry diddler, I found out that you are not 2A but 1 A. That hurts my feelings worse!

In your opinion, will you all fair well in your region? If you tell me that your team is down, then I guess I should be concerned cause the more I think about it, we just got out played and we got guys that can flat GO! I read in another thread that your two play-makers graduated.

it appears we will be in contention for the region title this year. #24 you speak of is one our returning starters from last season our qb and one of our lineman were ineligble last year and stepped up to play this year with the addition of two new players that's about all the changes I can think of. Wanamaker and Self graduated that's probably the two play makers you were referring to. As far as your team goes I meant what I said earlier Central will be fine. Our team just really came together monday night and played like they have been shown to play (with a lot of heart) and i think your guys just honestly did not expect the resistance they got. If we met agin today I still think it would be a great game but if Central were better prepared the outcome may be different. I think this experience was good for both teams Grace needed to reach down and find their true potential, and like you said this was probably a good wake up call for Central to let them know to never go into a game with preconcieved notions about other teams.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks catdad as a player it feels good not to have someone tryin to say we cheated or recruted just a good honest smashem up game good uck to central