Greenbrier welcomes Pope John Paul II - Week 0

GreenbrierCat2

I believe this will be only PJPII's second time to come to the Brier. This should be an exciting game with new skilled players for the Bobcats and many returning players. We welcome the Knights to Greenbrier with your first chance to check out our renovations. Remember the sides are now swapped, and the Knights will be on the side with the white pressbox.

Have a safe trip up....and let's talk football!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this will be only PJPII's second time to come to the Brier. This should be an exciting game with new skilled players for the Bobcats and many returning players. We welcome the Knights to Greenbrier with your first chance to check out our renovations. Remember the sides are now swapped, and the Knights will be on the side with the white pressbox.

Have a safe trip up....and let's talk football!

Hey cat2 good luck this year all i can say is you should not have any problem with station camp this year they loss 90%of there D and as you know the O side has a hard time moving the ball . i think it will be a long season for sc with the great teams in region 4

JPII had a very.........VERY.........memorable performance by a young man named Golden Tate during their last trip to Greenbrier.

Last year Greenbrier ended a two game slide against PJPII when Ryan Dickerson crossed the goal line in the late stages of the contest to put the Bobcats ahead for good.

I look for this year's matchup to be another very exciting battle in what's quickly become a very good early season rivalry /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey cat2 good luck this year all i can say is you should not have any problem with station camp this year they loss 90%of there D and as you know the O side has a hard time moving the ball . i think it will be a long season for sc with the great teams in region 4

You bash SC on every post. Why so glum, chum? Good luck to the cats and may both teams be safe.

Did the DB for PJPII try to pick off the pass that Ziegler caught on the deflection or did he try to knock it to the ground and Ziegler caught it anyway????? I just read the article in the Tennessean and was really confused.

That sounds like it was the wildest game of the night in Week 0 for the second year in a row and Greenbrier again won it in the final moments of the contest. Congrats to the Bobcats!

PJPII has to be heartbroken after losing that one. From the article that I read it seemed as if they controlled the game and had it taken from them by a gritty Greenbrier squad in the end /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congradulations to Greenbrier. After watching the scrimmage at Westmoreland I felt ya'll would win some games this season. Ziegler is an exciting player to watch. Next year we will be battling during the season. Hope Ziegler is a senior this year.

Both he and Cody Elder are. Treavor Thaxton and Connor Jones will be two of the names ringing in your ears next year.