John Overton@Smyrna

Bulldog86

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the previous perspectives were from Smyrna fans. I talked to several Overton fans and from what they were saying it was a very even match up. The varsity teams were tied and Overton's JV beat Smyrna's. So Smyrna is saying they basically dominated but did they really? I dont know because I wasnt there until the last ten minutes. Is there anyone that saw what went on this is unbiased????

"The varsity teams were tied" Who ever told you that, you should have some concern for. They don't have a clue and may need some help. It was 14 to 0 after 3 possessions. Overtons 1s did not get a first down on Smyrna's 1s. That dose not add up to an even match up.

Im sure you did not read any of my early threads about the first 3 Smyrna scrimages after a comment like this. I have been very critical of the play of Smyrna up to this point. I say somthing good and my comments are biased? WOW!!! You will see that my comments and views of the scrimmages seem to be very similar to My2cents and im pretty sure he's unbiased. I call'em how I see'em, if its good or bad for Smyrna.

Listen I think Smyrna is going to have a tough time geting back to were they were the last two years. It will be a up hill battle but they have some great players that play very hard and that adds up to a lot of wins. A 3rd title? We will see.

I am a Smyrna Fan, Yes but I am a objective Smyrna Fan. I have no kids in the program, no ties to the coaches. Just an ex football player that moved to a Smyrna from Ohio 3 years ago and likes going to games. I know its hard to understand that being as there are not a lot of us objective fans out there.

Guest workinprogress

"The varsity teams were tied" Who ever told you that, you should have some concern for. They don't have a clue and may need some help. It was 14 to 0 after 3 possessions. Overtons 1s did not get a first down on Smyrna's 1s. That dose not add up to an even match up.

Im sure you did not read any of my early threads about the first 3 Smyrna scrimages after a comment like this. I have been very critical of the play of Smyrna up to this point. I say somthing good and my comments are biased? WOW!!! You will see that my comments and views of the scrimmages seem to be very similar to My2cents and im pretty sure he's unbiased. I call'em how I see'em, if its good or bad for Smyrna.

Listen I think Smyrna is going to have a tough time geting back to were they were the last two years. It will be a up hill battle but they have some great players that play very hard and that adds up to a lot of wins. A 3rd title? We will see.

I am a Smyrna Fan, Yes but I am a objective Smyrna Fan. I have no kids in the program, no ties to the coaches. Just an ex football player that moved to a Smyrna from Ohio 3 years ago and likes going to games. I know its hard to understand that being as there are not a lot of us objective fans out there.

Look man I read your name and read your comments on this thread. I also heard comments from very reliable Overton "fans" if thats what you want to call them. I wanted to get an opinion from someone who was just there to see some football. I read what 2cents said and it cleared things up for me. I think that from what I have heard from you and other folks including 2cents that it was fairly close. I definately dont think that it was dominated by either team. Did all of the starters for Smyrna get pulled after three possessions? Or did Smyrna start to rotate some guys in and out? What was the final score for both teams?

Whatever the case may be it really doesnt matter. I am sure Smyrna saw some things that they did well and I am sure they saw some things that still need work. Overton can probably say the same things. Like I said I wasnt there until the last ten minutes and all I saw was the freshmen. Which by the way Smyrna looked to have some good sized freshmen. I was impressed with them.

Smyrna is the team to beat in region 4. Will they be as good as last year? Will they get a third gold ball? Its way too early to tell but I think if they get past Riverdale and Blackman, yes I said Blackman, then they should have a good run. I see them losing to one of the two mentioned teams but redeem themselves to make it to the semis.

As for Overton, the future is very bright as they have a lot of young talent. They of course are going to need that talent when they face the likes of Ravenwood, Brentwood, and Franklin for two playoff spots. Out of all the metro schools with the new regions next year Overton got the rough end of the stick and Hillsboro ended up getting the best deal out there along with Hillwood. To my knowledge Overtons region will be 6A - Overton, Brentwood, Franklin, Centennial, and Indy. 5A will be Hillsboro and Hillwood. That means both 5A schools go to the playoffs year in and year out. That could realistically mean that Hillwood can go 0-10 and still make the playoffs and someone from the 6A portion like Overton can go 6-4 or even 8-2 if the right things fall into play and not go. Sounds like a great new system doesnt it.

Good luck to both teams.