Crockett County vs. Humbolt

The defense has quite a few players returning. This group is a quick group. But the secondary is where i believe the weakness is. Not a lot of experience there. But they are quick. Haven't watched them play yet, so i don't know how well they gel and play together.

Yep, secondary is young! Still they are good athletes but will need some minutes to get better. They seemed lost on coverage several times against Giles.

What I saw against Giles County is the d-line at times got pressure but overall didn't work over the Giles County o-line. Linebackers are pretty solid group.

O-line didn't blow many holes open. No "stud" running back like years past. Backs are quick but didn't see many lower their shoulder & run over people. Barker & Davis will try to run over folks. Dunbar could be dangerous! Harrison had several nice catches. I believe, right now, that Humboldt's strength is the passing game.

It was the first game & alot of times you make you most improvement between game 1 & game 2 so maybe they will buy into the new system & get better.

Crockett vs Humboldt............I predict the team with the most points will win. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with all that being said it should be a good game . . i would say crockett strength on defense is the secondary . . it will also be interesting to see how the vikings d-line does against crockett o-line!! crockett has a very very young o-line only one player has experience so that should be interesting!!

the backs of crockett are good the loss of speedy al lewis is gonna hurt but mosier runs the ball really hard and will lower his shoulder on anyone so im also looking for that matchup with him and the humboldt linebackers

from whats being said it should be a good game

Crockett wins 21 14 . . if Al Lewis was playing it would be by more points but with crockett being at home and crockett having better coaching they win this one!!!

I wouldn't say that Crockett County has better coaching than Humboldt. I mean, Coach Bland boasts a pretty dang good record on his resume'. Plus he has a state championship with Milan. So I think that if i had to choose which coaching staff is better, just because of Bland's presence, I would have to pick Humboldt's. But, players will win this one, not coaches.

Al broke his ankle at Crockett's SOS jamboree. Was scheduled for surgery last Thursday.

thanks for responding..my best to Al ..should he play later this year will be a boost to the Cavs..Crockett is/will always be tough to beat regardless of injuries,graduation losses...P.A. gets the most from his players..

Bland is also a very good coach..played against him back in the day...he brings it all to the table and will get Humboldt over hump this year after losing many to graduation..i pick Crockett in a tough well played game by both teams hopefully w/out any injuries

I wouldn't say that Crockett County has better coaching than Humboldt. I mean, Coach Bland boasts a pretty dang good record on his resume'. Plus he has a state championship with Milan. So I think that if i had to choose which coaching staff is better, just because of Bland's presence, I would have to pick Humboldt's. But, players will win this one, not coaches.

bland didnt have a state championship with milan he was one game away but i do think hes a good coach better than pratt maybe maybe not i do think that u all will be better off with bland than that other guy he just didnt seem like he had it all together the last few yrs yall would have been way better than 5 n 5 last yr if bland had coached that team as for this game sry but cc wins this game but humbolt will give them a run for their money i think

bland didnt have a state championship with milan he was one game away but i do think hes a good coach better than pratt maybe maybe not i do think that u all will be better off with bland than that other guy he just didnt seem like he had it all together the last few yrs yall would have been way better than 5 n 5 last yr if bland had coached that team as for this game sry but cc wins this game but humbolt will give them a run for their money i think

I don't want to sound smart because im not by any means. But i played under him last year and he brought his ring that he said he had won when at Milan and showed it to us. It had milan' bulldog on it and i forgot the year, but I don't think he would lie about that. But, i could be wrong. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't want to sound smart because im not by any means. But i played under him last year and he brought his ring that he said he had won when at Milan and showed it to us. It had milan' bulldog on it and i forgot the year, but I don't think he would lie about that. But, i could be wrong. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

morris won the 98 and 99 and tucker won the other 2 unless he was still there doing assistant work and i just dont remember it i left after the 97 season so i dont know for sure but i know he did make it to the semis and in my mind is alot better than what u had last yr looked it up it was 95 we beat giles county in the quater final round and lost to portland the next week then had 2 bad yrs at 7 n 4 in 96 and 6 n 5 in 97 then won state n 98 and 99 and im postitive morris was the coach then