4 St Agnes

5 Hutchison

6 USJ

7 Madison

8 JCS

9 St George's

10 White Station

11 Briarcrest

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It is good to see you jump into the "Rankings.". I was wondering what is the scouting report on Hutchison? We (Notre Dame) will play them in the Baylor tourney next weekend? As I remember they always field a very good team.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good to see you jump into the "Rankings.". I was wondering what is the scouting report on Hutchison? We (Notre Dame) will play them in the Baylor tourney next weekend? As I remember they always field a very good team.

Hutchison lost several players this year, but they still have some of their scoring leaders in place. However, they have only one team this year with a total of 15 to 16 players as compared to last year when they had both a JV and a Varsity team. They have some skilled players with good speed, but I don't know how much depth they have for the season.

Guest TheMagician

Hutchison lost several players this year, but they still have some of their scoring leaders in place. However, they have only one team this year with a total of 15 to 16 players as compared to last year when they had both a JV and a Varsity team. They have some skilled players with good speed, but I don't know how much depth they have for the season.

Wow, that is such great scouting report. You should charge for such inaccuracy and misinformation. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

-They lost two kids from last year (a team that went to the D2 Sub-State).

-They have over 20 kids on their team ( I watched them last week in the Collierville Preseason Games and counted at least that many playing). No seniors. Strong Junior class. Have some 8th graders as well.

- Showed a lot of speed last weekend.

- Have one of the best goal scorers in the Memphis area (maybe the state). She is fast, fast, fast.

- Most impressive thing I saw when watching was the tall midfielder connecting for a goal from about 40+ yards out, without really looking like she got her full effort into the ball.

I think they looked improved from last year. Had a little more depth than I remember from last season.

Wow, that is such great scouting report. You should charge for such inaccuracy and misinformation. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

-They have over 20 kids on their team ( I watched them last week in the Collierville Preseason Games and counted at least that many playing). No seniors. Strong Junior class. Have some 8th graders as well.

- Have one of the best goal scorers in the Memphis area (maybe the state). She is fast, fast, fast.

- Most impressive thing I saw when watching was the tall midfielder connecting for a goal from about 40+ yards out, without really looking like she got her full effort into the ball.

I think they looked improved from last year. Had a little more depth than I remember from last season.

What were the scores last weekend. No one has posted, Collierville, Houston or Hutch?

Everyone is entitiled to their own opinion....and no, I didn't charge a dime for my opinion....which I believe is what this forum is all about We did agree on several things.....they did keep their scoring leaders in place and their skill and speed...all things that I indicated in a shortened format compared to your post.

The only thing that I may have missed was the 16 players versus your 20 players....may have picked up some additional ones since early June when I last saw them. Several seniors decided to not play and they lost their starting center defensive mid-fielder. As with any team, only time will tell through the season regarding how well they progress.

Guest TheMagician

Everyone is entitiled to their own opinion....and no, I didn't charge a dime for my opinion....which I believe is what this forum is all about We did agree on several things.....they did keep their scoring leaders in place and their skill and speed...all things that I indicated in a shortened format compared to your post.

The only thing that I may have missed was the 16 players versus your 20 players....may have picked up some additional ones since early June when I last saw them. Several seniors decided to not play and they lost their starting center defensive mid-fielder. As with any team, only time will tell through the season regarding how well they progress.

Relax, I was just messing with you. But seriousy, how on earth did you see them in June?

I don't remember those Seniors that quit as ones that played. Maybe that is why they quit. I dont know. The seniors they lost were a forward and a defender. I think it looks like they lost more bc several kids changed positions.

Not sure on the scores. The two games I saw like 4-0 or 4-1 I think. You will have to consider the competition though.

Relax, I was just messing with you. But seriousy, how on earth did you see them in June?

I don't remember those Seniors that quit as ones that played. Maybe that is why they quit. I dont know. The seniors they lost were a forward and a defender. I think it looks like they lost more bc several kids changed positions.

Not sure on the scores. The two games I saw like 4-0 or 4-1 I think. You will have to consider the competition though.

You know what is a hoot!!!!!? You guys are on the same team and don't see the same thing. So those of us with a bias will never understand your perspective. Mr. Magician is close to telling the story as I see it. This will be the 5th high school season for me to see Hutchison play and hope you have a great season. Caroline will have every team trying to shut her down and getting beat up every game is tough and any player, even one with her skills. Someone needs to get the fire back under Hutchinson soccer, cause the players aren't coming. We've tied to play the JV for the past two years and there's no JV team. The seniors would have stayed if it were a team of previous possibilities, IMHO. I think most of you know who I follow and we had 21 freshmen come out this year, the most ever. "If you build it, them will come." GOOG LUCK and HEALTH to ALL, we're almost there. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

No problem!

I did mis-speak though.....it was July and not June...I knew that it was one of those "J" months! You know how confused you can get in your old age...and heaven knows...the months do tend to fly by with age! Their center defensive mid lived in MS and is going to school there now. I don't think that the seniors that decided to not play were some of the strongest players, but they may have been starters. What sort of 8th grade talent do they have? Are they foresaking club season to play varsity?

I would love to hear more of the scores from the Collierville pre-season event. I know that some of the schools that participated were not heavy competition....but they would be great games to see what sort of talent a coach has in order to prepare for the real season. Have you heard of any scores? Houston has their scores posted on the website, and I heard that Hutchison lost one of their games 3 to 1.

One Dandy addition WatterDog...

Top 10 West Tennessee

1 Collierville

2 Houston

3 ECS

4 St Mary's

5 St Agnes

6 Hutchison

7 USJ

8 Madison

9 JCS

10 St George's

11 White Station

12 Briarcrest

I'm still not sure why everyone is selling Briarcrest short. With the big scrimmage win against Houston on Friday, they should be a force to be reckoned with in 2008. They defeated St Mary's, Hutchison, and St George's last year in season play....should be a huge D2 contender.

I talked to one of the parents and here is what I can tell you. They have four 8th graders on their roster this year. They told me that they did lose the first game of the Collierville preseason, but that the second half was mostly played with younger kids. I would assume that this was to get them some experience, while safeguarding some starters since it was played in pretty nasty weather.

Thanks for the info...do you know what club teams the 8th graders play for?

Yes, I heard that the weekend was pretty nasty for that tournament.....heavy rains on Friday night and then extreme heat on Saturday and Sunday.

Guest TheSportsGuy

Thanks for the info...do you know what club teams the 8th graders play for?

Yes, I heard that the weekend was pretty nasty for that tournament.....heavy rains on Friday night and then extreme heat on Saturday and Sunday.

No clue. Maybe someone closer to the situation can help you with that.