• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC Messenger has the player of the week as:

Offense: Colton Speed Union City

Defense: Skylar Cherry South Fulton

Head to head this week...this game will be awesome

Good word in the messenger about Bowling and Spivey having good hearted fun. Both teams and both coaches know this is a big game and respect each other. We should also. Good luck to both and may the best team win.

Whew.... A Class Trip Or Family Related? Either Way This Has Gotta Hurt.

This is a class trip that was pre arranged before Spivey came to SF. We all new this was going to happen before the season even started. The coach has been working on this known problem all season and he does have a plan. Will it hurt? Sure. Can we still win? Yes...I believe...because we work as a team and no one individual makes this team...unlike the Union City Speeds oops I mean Tornados. That will be their demise...hehehe...cats out of the bag!

My last post might have seemed to bash Colton Speed. That was not my intent before anyone takes it wrong. I was trying to say SF has many good athletes all doing their part and working together to make this team win. Where in UC I all I have heard about is Speed. I know he is a good athlete but either the rest of the team is in his shadow or thats all they have is Speed. If there are other standouts lets hear about them...

My last post might have seemed to bash Colton Speed. That was not my intent before anyone takes it wrong. I was trying to say SF has many good athletes all doing their part and working together to make this team win. Where in UC I all I have heard about is Speed. I know he is a good athlete but either the rest of the team is in his shadow or thats all they have is Speed. If there are other standouts lets hear about them...

UC has several excellent football players. Speed carries the ball alot in some games and not much at all in others. That is the mid-line veer. If you key on Speed UC has other great athletes that will hurt you as well. You may limit Speeds rushing but it won't be because of defensive performance rather defensive alignment.

FEAR the VEER

Only reason you hear about Speed is because he is a ball hog. Most of the team including coaches get onto him about it. Yes he has gotten better about giving it away and yes he is extremely good. But all this Speed this Speed that is because of what he does as QB.

When you run the mid-line veer there are alot of times the read dictates that you run the ball. Ball hog? NO..Recognition for what he does at QB? Duh..Thats where he plays