OOLTEWAH VS McMINN COUNTY

PRIMETIME OWL

Ooltewah DID NOT freely substitute and it never has and never will under Benny Monroe. There were rumblings thru the crowd this past Friday about the starters continuing to play deep into the 4th quarter. Whoever is trying to say we were playing our backups is absolutely, 100% wrong.

The problem with this team is going to be depth or shall I say, lack of depth. You cannot build depth if you don't look for opportunities to allow backups to play. The other night was a perfect example. A lot of our starters were beginning to tire when McMinn started moving the ball.

Blount will be another game where Monroe will have the oppurtunity to rest some guys and let the young guys get some experience, but if his track record is an indication of the future, it will not happen. I have followed this situation closely since his arrival, and if there is a complaint about his coaching it's that he doesn't play many backups.

This past Friday was the best game the Owls have played in two seasons. Kudos to Monroe and staff for catching the Warriors flat footed. This team will go as far as the defense and John Long's leg will take them. I still question whether we have the running game to beat the better teams and I question whether we can make key plays in the passing game with the game on the line.

I am concerned about the number of players going both ways. I doubt there are any AAAAA championship contenders playing as many as we do.

They may not substitute much, but Jackson and Smith were not in on those last two series that McMinn scored. I also some other new numbers in the backfield, so unless they changed jersey numbers, McMinn was not scoring on the entire first team defense at the end of the game.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may not substitute much, but Jackson and Smith were not in on those last two series that McMinn scored. I also some other new numbers in the backfield, so unless they changed jersey numbers, McMinn was not scoring on the entire first team defense at the end of the game.

[/quote

The last series McMinn had the ball there was less than one minute remaining when the drive started. Indeed, there were

some new faces in the lineup at that point and there appeared to be a busted coverage somewhere which led to their final td. But who cares? You play to win the game not to outscore the opponent as bad as you can. In the next to the last drive, there were several starters still on the field. Tracy Hunter started every game at corner last season as a sophomore, but this season, we choose to start two guys who also start on offense? Why? There are some things that occur that make you scratch your head. My point is that IF we expect to contend for a championship, Monroe needs to start developing some depth. It is going to be a long season.....injuries will occur. Two years ago we played 14 games.

This team will be dog tired by the playoffs.

You are right as rain,Owlpride. every coach does coach differently,but,every year is different,too.SO in your defense before a couple of so called experts get on here and take up for certain ones,let me say this: this 2008 version of the owls are very talented(especially on defense),offense,too.BUT...if the owls can't have a BALANCED attack,good teams will peel thier ears back and stop the run and dare... reed or flanders or whoever to beat them.Which right now,the owls are not balanced ENOUGH to beat good #1 or #2 seeded teams in the playoffs.BUT..if ooltewah can work on the passing game,(next week might be a good time),because WB is hurting at the DB position this year.And they better do a better job getting younger guys in everywhere on both sides of the ball,because MAPLEWOOD will be a BIG,BIG test for the owls.The tradtional powerhouses are down this year (all over the state.)so,Ooltewah could have a special year. The owls are a very good team,everybody knows that,but since the numbers are low at the nest,you must train for the marathon not the sprint..,..which,I'm not downing monroe or anybody,he's not stupid,he does stuff for a reason and it's a group effort(all coaches not just one).From what,I've seen,monroe coaches one game at a time,maybe he left the pass rushers in to take the heat off the 2nd string dbs(I don't know)or maybe,he didn't throw a whole lot,because he didn't have ,too..or maybe some other schools where there and etc...whatever the case the owls WON.The owls spent months on the spread(since spring) and fans have yet to see a wide open,down the field,attack with all the playmakers.FANS are RESTLESS,but,like I said a win is a win. Go Owls!!

VOID70-well said. Fans are restless, but we shouldn't be. We are winning. Monroe will get the job done, but like many I hope to see some back-ups in the game. I have always said there can be no complaints when you don't practice the subsitutes. Let's hope for a good couple of weeks of practice before WB, because from what I hear, they will have some injured players back, and they always play hard against us.

Go OWLS!

yes we are winning, we have the talent to win, and dont get me wrong we have a great coaching staff, butt let one of their kids set the bench when the scores are way up, would they complain, whats gonna happen as it already has kids are not gonna stay motivated to play. two years ago we had 90 players, one year ago we had 60 players, this year we have 45 players, next year who knows, maybe just the 6 or 7 we play the whole game both ways. you have seniors on the sidelines that are as good and sometimes better than youre starters and you put them in with a couple of plays left in the ball game, great motivation job. ooltewah is gonna win with the talent they have, so now why dont you let all of them win and not just youre chosen six

Primetime do you honestly know anything about football or do you just like to get on here and start up conversations about your (so called GODLY Owls in their nest)? i mean im not arguing the fact that ooltewah is a great team this year but have u even watched the kees play this year or do u just sit at home and listen to gossip? their secondary is one of the best to come through in a long time and their spread offense can really hurt their opponents when their QB is healthy... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> All im sayin is when the kees come to your nest on friday dont be surprised to see them heading back up 75 with a win... compliments to TRIBEFAN

i geuss i know a little about football and region 2 5A. I said owls by 20. Owls dominated every aspect of this game. Brady Reed played an excellent football game, way to go Brady! Keep practicing hard guys. Jaquez and the front four were impressive again. O line played well, keep getting better guys. also thought #7 Gerald Putnam had a good game. So, the question is to the mcmimm posters on here, Do you know anything about football? One thing i know that you know is........OWLS are a pretty good football team! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

To all the Owl fans, congradulations! I am a loyal Cherokee fan and have been for years and we got beat and beat bad. We never showed up and had

zero emotion during warmups. The Owls have some great looking athelets and I hope you win out in the region.

mcminn players played with a lot of class, were just outcoached and outmatched. I knew Mcminn was in trouble on the first play. Owls came out in the wing T and mcminn called time out, they were totally unprepared. Im not sure how much diffrence it would have made. good luck to the kees the rest of the year.

To all the Owl fans, congradulations! I am a loyal Cherokee fan and have been for years and we got beat and beat bad. We never showed up and had

zero emotion during warmups. The Owls have some great looking athelets and I hope you win out in the region.

GT40 The Kees have a good and tough QB. There were times I did not think that he would get up and just like the energizer bunny he kept going and going. Also, your kicker does have a great leg. I watched him warm up since TirbeFan made such a big deal about him. He was really nailing them, I felt sorry for the ball boy he kept having to jump the fence to retreive the balls. Good luck with the rest of the region and I hope to see you again in the playoffs.

Go Owls

i geuss i know a little about football and region 2 5A. I said owls by 20. Owls dominated every aspect of this game. Brady Reed played an excellent football game, way to go Brady! Keep practicing hard guys. Jaquez and the front four were impressive again. O line played well, keep getting better guys. also thought #7 Gerald Putnam had a good game. So, the question is to the mcmimm posters on here, Do you know anything about football? One thing i know that you know is........OWLS are a pretty good football team! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BRADY REED , MATTHEW POLK, JAQ SMITH, Q JACKSON, ZARZOUR, LOOKED GOOD

PUTNAM HAD 1 TACKLE

COREY FLANDERS, WELL LETS JUST SAY THE DEFENSIVE BACKS COACH MUST JUST WANT HIM TO PLAY

THE FRONT FOUR DONE A GREAT JOB TILL 4TH QTR, NO BLOCKING

LINEBACKERS DIDNT GET MUCH ACTION BECAUSE THE D-LINE WAS AWESOME