Waverly vs Harpeth

rednecktiger

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the D is going to be better, but i disagree about the veer not being explosive. you will see us destroy waverville friday with it. we will also go on a tear against our region with it. we were good on o last year, but we were predictable. now we will be explosive and unpredictable. who has the ball? I don't know, is it the dive , or the qb, or the pitch, or is it a pass? who knows? Domination will be the meal we serve to the tigers. GO TRIBE!!!!

Thanks for destroying Waverly tonight. I will take getting destroyed like that each week. Harpeth with that explosive running game had 2 yards rushing tonight total. Domination.

Great to see you tonight ksgovols. I'm glad you're not like this clown.

I was at this game. Waverly tried to do about everything it could do to lose this football game.After takinga 14 point lead, the Tigers give up 19 unanswered points and take the lead FINALLY with about 4 minutes to go. Man it was one heck of a ballgame. Wavo has a good little QB although if he keeps running as much as he dioes he won't finish the season. He didn't finish this game.

But kudos for Wavo, great job coming out and knocking Harpeth around. Also, for at the end of the game. Harpeth had all the momentum. But Waverly took this game back over the hard way. They drove down to score and then never looked back. Great job tonight, Tigers. But next time, lets try not to make it so exciting.

I bet it feels great to get that monkey off your back. Go take it to SC next week and come away with a big region win!

hindian13, stop talking! You make the whole Harpeth football team look bad. Because you are the only player getting on here and talking. Stick to the bench. Maybe if you took your time and used it to work out instead of getting on coacht you could have been on the field trying to help get the win. But instead you are just a bug that Harpeth needs to get rid of. Good job Wavo... Turn it around Harpeth.

Congrats to Waverly!!!!!! I knew when we scrimmaged the Tigers in the fall that they would be improved this year. Don't be shocked to see Waverly sneak into the playoffs. They can beat Adamsville, Houston, Riverside, & Stewart IMO. I even think they can compete with Huntingdon. Good Luck to you guys papatiger!!!!

This loss is not good for a Harpeth team that many have such high expectations for this year.

I was at this game. Waverly tried to do about everything it could do to lose this football game.After takinga 14 point lead, the Tigers give up 19 unanswered points and take the lead FINALLY with about 4 minutes to go. Man it was one heck of a ballgame. Wavo has a good little QB although if he keeps running as much as he dioes he won't finish the season. He didn't finish this game.

But kudos for Wavo, great job coming out and knocking Harpeth around. Also, for at the end of the game. Harpeth had all the momentum. But Waverly took this game back over the hard way. They drove down to score and then never looked back. Great job tonight, Tigers. But next time, lets try not to make it so exciting.

I bet it feels great to get that monkey off your back. Go take it to SC next week and come away with a big region win!

I agree rcombs, if Hale keeps running as much as he does he is opening his self up to injury. He doesn't have that much size. Coach has planned I think to rotate qbs this year with Vogel #14 coming in, but Hale was having a heck of a game last night. Vogel has a rocket arm but lacks as much experience. He's only played 3 years I think in his life. But he's a great athlete. Great job Tigers, on to Stewart County.

Waverly shut down the run game which as I stated should open up the passing game. 180 yards passing and 3 touchdowns for the Indians mostly in the second half. It didn't look like it would be a game with less than 50 yards of total offense in the first half but Harpeth scored on their first 3 possessions of the second half and actually took a 19-14 lead into the fourth quarter.

Two turning points in the second half that are noteworthy. Leading 14-7, Waverly goes for it on 4th and 1 or 2 and throws an incomplete pass around the 50 to give Harpeth a short field after they had just scored. There were 2 better options there. Punt or a running play. I thought that was a terrible call and Harpeth marched right down and made it a 14-13 game. Then after Harpeth had took the lead, Waverly was able to pin them back inside the 15 with a punt (see how that works?) and Harpeth couldn't get out of the hole and gave Waverly a short field which they took advantage of. Harpeth went for it on 4th and 10 and under 3 minutes and didn't convert which led to the final Waverly score as they were more or less trying to run out the clock. This thing ended up being a pretty good game which I did not see happening after the first half. I think Waverly helped that with the decision to go for it on their first drive of the second half.

Perry Horkins absolutely went off in the second half finishing with 154 yards receiving with 3 touchdowns and had 123 return yards. Some other guys are going to have to step up for the Indians. Waverly has a nice mix of athletes and a big line. I really like the spread the way they run it. The qb does take a lot of hits.

Thanks for the hospitality papatiger.

Waverly shut down the run game which as I stated should open up the passing game. 180 yards passing and 3 touchdowns for the Indians mostly in the second half. It didn't look like it would be a game with less than 50 yards of total offense in the first half but Harpeth scored on their first 3 possessions of the second half and actually took a 19-14 lead into the fourth quarter.

Two turning points in the second half that are noteworthy. Leading 14-7, Waverly goes for it on 4th and 1 or 2 and throws an incomplete pass around the 50 to give Harpeth a short field after they had just scored. There were 2 better options there. Punt or a running play. I thought that was a terrible call and Harpeth marched right down and made it a 14-13 game. Then after Harpeth had took the lead, Waverly was able to pin them back inside the 15 with a punt (see how that works?) and Harpeth couldn't get out of the hole and gave Waverly a short field which they took advantage of. Harpeth went for it on 4th and 10 and under 3 minutes and didn't convert which led to the final Waverly score as they were more or less trying to run out the clock. This thing ended up being a pretty good game which I did not see happening after the first half. I think Waverly helped that with the decision to go for it on their first drive of the second half.

Perry Horkins absolutely went off in the second half finishing with 154 yards receiving with 3 touchdowns and had 123 return yards. Some other guys are going to have to step up for the Indians. Waverly has a nice mix of athletes and a big line. I really like the spread the way they run it. The qb does take a lot of hits.

Thanks for the hospitality papatiger.

True going for it and not getting it hurt, but the play called worked beautifully. Coach said this morning the reciever told him he never saw the ball, lost in lights. In fact coach said it hit him in the face mask. If he catches that, the drive still goes on. Coach Graves is a gambler and sometimes it gets you, but I sort of like that. Perry Horkins is a beast at receiver. Knew that from last year but he only complimented that feeling. He is one of the better recievers I've seen in a while. Is he a senior? Your welcome for the hospitality. Anytime Ks.

hindian13, stop talking! You make the whole Harpeth football team look bad. Because you are the only player getting on here and talking. Stick to the bench. Maybe if you took your time and used it to work out instead of getting on coacht you could have been on the field trying to help get the win. But instead you are just a bug that Harpeth needs to get rid of. Good job Wavo... Turn it around Harpeth.

wow this may be the harshest post i have ever read..........congrats to waverly