portland high school golf

seymourbutts1

the portland high school boys golf team dropped two matches to fall to 9-2 on the season. these losses ended a thirty four match win streak during the regular season. portland had previously beaten 69 of the last 71 teams faced including losses to jackson county and dekalb county who beat portland in the regional tournament in 2006 and 2007. it is pretty remarkable and have had some great players come through the program. the boys have won consecutive district titles and runner up in consecutive regional tournaments. during the past two years they have had two indivdual district runner medalist (josh martin 78, ben goodwin 76), a regional individual champion (josh martin 68), and two individuals to advance to the state tournament (josh martin, aaron curtis). they are favored to win the district with district runner up ben goodwin and fourth place finisher austin crafton both are averaging around thirty nine. the team is also very deep with three year varsity member isaac adam, who is a solid player. the team is rounded out by newcomers cody goodwin and shawn wheeley both will be outstanding players.

I would agree Portland has a okay team,but the team to watch in your district is Greenbrier,i think Portland beat them by two strokes in there first match,but Greenbrier has seven freshmen and on sophmore on there team,all eight players capable of shooting in 30's,have had six different kids go low so far this year,they all average around 40-41,not bad for a group that has been playing about one year and half,Hunter Clary,Craig Bradshaw, Sam Rhoten,Chris Holbert,Tyler Thacker,Conner Peach,Alen West, are the freshmen and the lone sophmore Andrew Jansen. Continued good luck to this group of young men. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!

greenbrier is not even in the top three. they have some good young players and eventually be great. station camp and portland are way above the class. the match you are referring to happened to be the second worst score for portland on the season. station camp and portland have split so they are the top tier teams. macon and greenbrier are also good, but not at their caliber yet. station camp and portland have three of the top three players from the district tournament on their teams, respectively. portland got a wake up call with their two defeats. i mean they had went two and a half years without a loss they just lost focus. ben goodwin and austin crafton are getting into tournament mode. a third consecutive district championship should be in the future.

I would agree Portland has a okay team,but the team to watch in your district is Greenbrier,i think Portland beat them by two strokes in there first match,but Greenbrier has seven freshmen and on sophmore on there team,all eight players capable of shooting in 30's,have had six different kids go low so far this year,they all average around 40-41,not bad for a group that has been playing about one year and half,Hunter Clary,Craig Bradshaw, Sam Rhoten,Chris Holbert,Tyler Thacker,Conner Peach,Alen West, are the freshmen and the lone sophmore Andrew Jansen. Continued good luck to this group of young men. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!

how can greenbrier be better if they have already been beaten by portland? come on that is insulting your own team by saying that the panthers are an ok team. just look at the scores. they match up soon at legacy and we will have to see greenbrier may win but until then you have to go by the scores not your opinion. portland is still reigning champs until they are knocked off. more experience for portland been there done that

how can greenbrier be better if they have already been beaten by portland? come on that is insulting your own team by saying that the panthers are an ok team. just look at the scores. they match up soon at legacy and we will have to see greenbrier may win but until then you have to go by the scores not your opinion. portland is still reigning champs until they are knocked off. more experience for portland been there done that

Hey seemore,i quess i insulted my team,GREENBRIER 157 PORTLAND 169,Let's go by the scores not YOUR opinion

Hey seemore,i quess i insulted my team,GREENBRIER 157 PORTLAND 169,Let's go by the scores not YOUR opinion

wait for a neutral site. not a course we have never played. way to go though man by tricking us and playing the back nine. but congrats you played better than we did im not afraid to admit it. nice job just wait for legacy though. no course advantage there. good luck

wait for a neutral site. not a course we have never played. way to go though man by tricking us and playing the back nine. but congrats you played better than we did im not afraid to admit it. nice job just wait for legacy though. no course advantage there. good luck

When we played your course you had advantage,we are all freshmen,we had never seen your course either,now we are even,good luck in district,maybe we will finish 1-2,our boys played well,your comments that we were not on same level as you guys motivated our kids,thanks for the bulletin board material,the fresmmen are starting to get confidence that they are good,and that they can compete on any level,contnued success to your team,your guys hit the ball a ton but Oak Hills is not about length,i think it bothered some of your players.as far as tricking you,back is easier than front,we would have beaten you by more than 12 strokes if we played the front. just kidding, see you next monday.

When we played your course you had advantage,we are all freshmen,we had never seen your course either,now we are even,good luck in district,maybe we will finish 1-2,our boys played well,your comments that we were not on same level as you guys motivated our kids,thanks for the bulletin board material,the fresmmen are starting to get confidence that they are good,and that they can compete on any level,contnued success to your team,your guys hit the ball a ton but Oak Hills is not about length,i think it bothered some of your players.as far as tricking you,back is easier than front,we would have beaten you by more than 12 strokes if we played the front. just kidding, see you next monday.

props to yall. you really did prove something about your team. you knocked us off and played great. hopefully we can recover and get ready. i played on some good teams here the last couple years, but to be honest next year and the year after your team could be state contenders. i have been there on good teams the last two years but cant get over the hump at regions. you guys definitely have what it takes. my comments on your team on not being on the same level were totally wrong my apologies. station camp greenbrier macon and us should have a good run at the district title. just keep your team together and when you are upper classman (maybe this year) make a run at the state title. you guys have got the talent. you proved it to me. good luck, but dont get me wrong i still want to win district more than anything. good luck at legacy see ya there