Hillsboro vs Overton

Whoever this is talking about Hillsboro won 45-14 is trying to make themselves feel good because of that butt whooping they got from Franklin the week before! The score was 24-6! I was at the entire game as well! If you gonna make comments, speak the truth! And lets see what the burros gonna do against MBA and Maplewood!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever this is talking about Hillsboro won 45-14 is trying to make themselves feel good because of that butt whooping they got from Franklin the week before! The score was 24-6! I was at the entire game as well! If you gonna make comments, speak the truth! And lets see what the burros gonna do against MBA and Maplewood!

A: Cut the kid a little slack as the local Nashville news stations all initially reported the final score as 45-14.

B: I wish I could see a 34-28 final score as a "butt whooping" because then a 24-6 victory over Overton I could classify as something far worse.

C: I too am anxious to see how the Burros perform against MBA and Maplewood. However, Stratford is up first and have some athletes as well.

A: Cut the kid a little slack as the local Nashville news stations all initially reported the final score as 45-14.

B: I wish I could see a 34-28 final score as a "butt whooping" because then a 24-6 victory over Overton I could classify as something far worse.

C: I too am anxious to see how the Burros perform against MBA and Maplewood. However, Stratford is up first and have some athletes as well.

Thanks and yes it will be surprising what they will do vs MBA and maplewood

Thanks and yes it will be surprising what they will do vs MBA and maplewood

Hillsboro is to small on both the offensive and defensive lines..Coach Blade has bigger guys that want to play/can but he won't admit that speed does not always cancel mass. He has young kids who need playing time but he chooses to exhaust his starters...only plays about 16 guys on the whole squad. Not going to keep many kids aroudn if he doesn't play them. MBA will kill them and if Maplewood can score some points, their defense will crush the Hillsboro offensive line.

Hillsboro is to small on both the offensive and defensive lines..Coach Blade has bigger guys that want to play/can but he won't admit that speed does not always cancel mass. He has young kids who need playing time but he chooses to exhaust his starters...only plays about 16 guys on the whole squad. Not going to keep many kids aroudn if he doesn't play them. MBA will kill them and if Maplewood can score some points, their defense will crush the Hillsboro offensive line.

I totally agree. Playing more kids also keeps your starter fresh and cuts down on some of the cramping issues. MBA and Maplewood will wear the Burros down with their size, unless the offensive and defensive fronts show some MAJOR improvements.

I totally agree. Playing more kids also keeps your starter fresh and cuts down on some of the cramping issues. MBA and Maplewood will wear the Burros down with their size, unless the offensive and defensive fronts show some MAJOR improvements.

Everyone needs fans like you guys. Rough when your kid don't play.

You must be one of those guys yelling block when the QB is holding the ball for 7 or 8 seconds. The line is fine the backs need to iprove on vision and ball security.

I agree. The line is undersized, but they are not the problem. I think depth on the O-line could be a problem though.

The truth is that Hillsboro doesn't have a large number of great players. Many on the team are not real football players. They are reaping the benefits of being on the team by doing whatever they can during practice and supporting their teammates during games.

Aydelott didn't try to develop his depth anymore than Blade does. If you weren't able to contribute, Aydelott didn't play you. Blade does things similarly in that regard, but Blade does try to start 22 different players in order to keep players fresher. Then, he will play players on both sides if it is necessary.

Such is the situation for HHS football right now. Many sophomores are playing/starting because there isn't a bunch of unknown talent on the sidelines. The cupboard is not full. However, this team can still accomplish great things this season if they play TOGETHER and buy into what they are trying to do.

Smyrna, Ensworth, and BA all were HUGE on both lines and Hillsboro's lines seemed to hold their own and didn't give up. For this reason, I am not overly concerned about the size of MBA and Maplewood's lines. Our guys know how to handle teams who are bigger than they are up front.

Smyrna, Ensworth, and BA all were HUGE on both lines and Hillsboro's lines seemed to hold their own and didn't give up. For this reason, I am not overly concerned about the size of MBA and Maplewood's lines. Our guys know how to handle teams who are bigger than they are up front.

Smyrna and BA lines dominated Hillsboro line. Skill position players made big plays. QB does hold the ball to long when given time to throw. Seems to be a problem when #3 and #8 are not there to throw the ball to. I am a burro fan, but I also speak the truth. They can have success, but if you are satisfied up to this point with the line play your kidding yourself. They are very inconsisent.

Smyrna and BA lines dominated Hillsboro line. Skill position players made big plays. QB does hold the ball to long when given time to throw. Seems to be a problem when #3 and #8 are not there to throw the ball to. I am a burro fan, but I also speak the truth. They can have success, but if you are satisfied up to this point with the line play your kidding yourself. They are very inconsisent.

Never satisfied with the play of a team, I am always looking for the ways to get better.

However, while I agree the line is undersized and depth on the O-line could be an issue, I am not overly concerned about Maplewood's or MBA's size up front. We have seen HUGE lines and held our own. Now, I agree that all of those lines were/are better than HHS's but fortunately that didn't seem to stop the team from performing at a competitive level.

In summary, the HHS line will be serviceable if nothing else this season. They have tremendous heart to make up for what they lack in size. Now, if they, as well as the entire team play TOGETHER and not as individuals, I think they will be pretty good this season.

Everyone needs fans like you guys. Rough when your kid don't play.

Attend practice and watch a number of the kids who don't play stand up the starting offensive line...just like in the Franklin game when the line was on their heels 4 and 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage...size does matter as does heart. Just because a kid doesn't play doesn't mean he isn't a better player. some of the kids play and get their butts kicked because dad is a booster...talent doesn't always determine playing time. I am a Hillsboro fan...truth is, Overton, Ensworth, BA...all of them dicked the heck out of the offensive and defensive line. Only our skill players save our butts. Someone commented that the skill pool is not very deep..I believe that remains to be seen. The size of MBA will destroy Hillsboro on both sides of the ball ...plain and simple.

The kids that don't play give their heart and soul just like hte ones that do..and some of them are better. I'm at every game..cheering for both those who play and those who don't...and I never name names or call out individual players. I don't like your comment and hope I am not sitting behind you if you say it at a game.