Coffee County at Cookevile

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would LOVE to see this game as it could very well determine the region champs this year. Both teams are well-coached and VERY physical. I was very impressed with Coach Nunley at the helm, and the raiders. He is continuing all the good things that Price instilled in this program. This is good news for CC fans, and not so good for the rest of us. I expect this one to go to the wire. While I am a fan of big Jerry Joslin, I hope the Red Raiders pull this one out. After losing a heartbreaker to us last ight, they deserve it.

Sounds like Coffee has been playing well this season. Haven't seen them or anything and I thought they were supposed to be down a little this year but doesn't look that way. That said I still think Cookeville is too strong. Cookeville runs to many things on offense to lock down one or two players. They are very balance in the run/pass game. I like Cookeville by 14+.

Sounds like Coffee has been playing well this season. Haven't seen them or anything and I thought they were supposed to be down a little this year but doesn't look that way. That said I still think Cookeville is too strong. Cookeville runs to many things on offense to lock down one or two players. They are very balance in the run/pass game. I like Cookeville by 14+.

14 points sounds a little steep to me. Cookeville may win the game, it's tough to win at Cookeville as an opponent, but 14 is a little steep considering the Cavs haven't beaten Coffee County by that much in a while. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a couple of years ago up there Cookeville won by 10, I think? And last year the Raiders won. That being said, the Raiders really made a believer out of me last night against Oakland. And I think they made believers out of a lot of folks. Perhaps the most productive loss in Red Raider history (Although I'm not big at all on moral victories). I think Coffee County is starting to sense it can play with anybody - and that's half the battle. I think the Raiders win. But it will be tough. Great crowd in Putnam County and a well coached, athletic, Cavalier squad. Should be a lot of fun. It's too early to pick a score, though. Let's wait until later in the week for that.

14 points sounds a little steep to me. Cookeville may win the game, it's tough to win at Cookeville as an opponent, but 14 is a little steep considering the Cavs haven't beaten Coffee County by that much in a while. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a couple of years ago up there Cookeville won by 10, I think? And last year the Raiders won. That being said, the Raiders really made a believer out of me last night against Oakland. And I think they made believers out of a lot of folks. Perhaps the most productive loss in Red Raider history (Although I'm not big at all on moral victories). I think Coffee County is starting to sense it can play with anybody - and that's half the battle. I think the Raiders win. But it will be tough. Great crowd in Putnam County and a well coached, athletic, Cavalier squad. Should be a lot of fun. It's too early to pick a score, though. Let's wait until later in the week for that.

Cookeville should be glad they're catching us early in the season, because this CC team is improving greatly every week. Defense was good against Shelbyville....very good against Oakland....? against Cookieville. Now about the O??? O--line has improved, but still has a way to go. The score... about the same as last year one way or the other.

5A Football Fan I understand I did say the same thing last year and I will admit I was wrong. The Cookeville team last year was very average and I honestly think that Cookeville has a chance to be as good as they were three years ago come playoff time. Im not taking anything away from Coffee I know they always have a strong team and play hard. But if Cookeville plays like they can I do not think Coffee can hang with them for 4 quarters.

I haven't heard much about Coffee football. Who are there good players to watch? Still run the wing-t or change?

5A Football Fan I understand I did say the same thing last year and I will admit I was wrong. The Cookeville team last year was very average and I honestly think that Cookeville has a chance to be as good as they were three years ago come playoff time. Im not taking anything away from Coffee I know they always have a strong team and play hard. But if Cookeville plays like they can I do not think Coffee can hang with them for 4 quarters.

I haven't heard much about Coffee football. Who are there good players to watch? Still run the wing-t or change?

Still in the wing ... fullback - Justin Kanjanabout .... it's really more about the defense right now - for the first time in a long time. The offense has struggled. 20 points against Shelbyville (missed PAT) and seven points against Oakland, granted Oakland has the best defense CHS will see all season ... with the exception of Lincoln County, perhaps?! ... But the Raider defense has been great. Held Precious Valentine under 80 yards and B.J. Nelson under 50 last week.